400 watt hps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 watt hps

I want to upgrade to a 400 watt hps but would like some opinions on what lights are good? I’m looking in amazon but not sure because of the mixed reviews any of you guys use any of the lights for sale there? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I have a 6” in-line fan and I power filter I believe?? All I need is help finding a good light?? Thanks.

Why not get a 600w that dims down to 400w? In case you want to go bigger again in the future.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Same thing I was thinking Toker1. The price diff is very minimal and 600 is perfect for four 3ft. tall plants and it will grow a bigger yield. Run it at 400 until mid flowering to save power.
      FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
      Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
      Flower 600w HPS
      alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
      1st grow White Widow
      Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Any lights you guys recommend?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          SunSystems 315cmh with a Phillips lamp-bulb. Or GrowersChoice 315cmh, a little cheaper, but still awesome.

I have a MH/HPS phantom II ballast with an air cooled hood. I like the phantom ballasts because they can run the hortilux bulb’s type with out issues. But if I were to do it all over agin today, I would probably go with a 315 CMH (sometimes called LEC) for veg and a 630 CMH for flower over the /MH/HPS technology.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

NebulaHaze I have been reading about digital ballasts and RF radio frequency interference. Seems to happen with the cheap China ballasts anyone have experienced this? I want to go with The GWE setup recommendations but the ballasts recommended are the ones I’m reading about which are putting out too much RF and people are getting the cable guy knocking at their door.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That was true in the past. I’m not sure about modern day knock off ballasts from China.. but if you go with a high quality manufacturer they make the shell thickness larger with more material for insulation against RF interference.

The ipower stuff is serviceable an cheap but the ballast lasted 2 years only.

Comment

Cali I'm using an Eye Hortilux 400w HPS for the first time right now, and the plants have grown quite vigorously!! I'm very pleased with it. https://www.amazon.com/EyeHortilux-H.../dp/B00598GSVS
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 I think the new bulb has a lot to do with the vigorous growth I'm seeing.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Try using a MH to grow in Veg and HPS for flower. You will stack the nodes closer together with MH

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Toker1 That's what I do use. But I switched out the bulbs when I switched the time because I did want them to stretch out. If I'd waited another two weeks to switch to flower, I might have kept the MH in for the first couple of weeks.

I'm using Apollo 1000hps digital ballast, hood and bulb. 2 years so far without a problem.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X