Flower turning blackish?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flower turning blackish?!

JFC, the anxiety from growing this plant is worse than raising children!! She was doing well minus a few missteps from me, but last night we looked and she has dark spots on her flowers. Not a nice rusty, brown color but nearly black. Especially the sugar leaves in certain areas, but not all flowers.

She is a bag seed from Russian Rocket Fuel. She’s an outdoor plant and we’ve had great weather until it has now turned cooler (northern Midwest.) Also, yesterday we had strong winds, like, knock small children over bad.

The darker flowers are starting mid cola which I thought might be odd. Please advise if this is normal and I’m being a fussy MJ Mom, thanks so much! 😊

That doesn't look good. Not the color, but the dry withered parts. How cold is it there? Can you make some wind barriers ?

Looks a bit frostbitten. The cold dry wind can be brutal.

I would remove the damaged areas, otherwise it will rot. And rot spreads everywhere ruining everything .
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Thank you! We had three days of chilly but humid rain/drizzle and then yesterday was gusty winds. I just went out there and the crazy thing is, I can’t find where it was all messed up yesterday!! Wtf?? I wonder if it was just stress from the wind? But the dark/black sugar leaves are gone!

I think I’m losing my mind.......😛

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        HL2200, I'm thinking that was just the cooler
        weather, might have shocked your girls a little, hopefully they will be fine.
        I'd keep a close eye on them though.

That's what it looks like to me as well.
      Giving that plant some type of protection might be key, depending on how soon frost comes to where you're at, as full on frost bight will ruin colas, and humid and cold conditions can cause bud rot.
      Try not to stress out so bad in general though, Weed has been growing wild for a very long time, though the more we can give it good conditions, the better bud we get to harvest. The most important thing with first grows, is to learn. My first grow, I threw out half my crop due to bud rot, I did learn something though! Then I found this place, and my learning hasn't been the hard way, at least some of the time!
      Best of luck with them!
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Thank you all so much, what a great community we have here! The temps are dropping to mid 40’s overnight, but I’ll keep a vigilant eye on her, even though I already do that, lol.

Comment

First off, if you want good results, you must start with good genetics from a proper breeder. Bag seed is always a gamble. Odds are not in favor of the grower.
          Lastly, I agree with the statements above...that blackish area is dead plant. It must be removed or could lead to worsening issues. 40 deg. is really cold. Anything you can do to combat that will benefit the plant. Keep the wind off her and maybe she will survive, but I would not expect a heavy yield at this point in time.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X