Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Nitrogen Deficiency-Advice Needed

Hi folks
    I`m changing my fertilizers at present. I usually use guano imported from the States but for some reason it`s becoming so expensive that it is no longer a viable option so I thought I`d have a look round for UK alternatives, blood and bone, etc. Anyway I`ve got this Critical Kush growing and she`s doing fine but I`m thinking I`ve got nitrogen deficiency coming along. This is possible as I am wary of nute burn whilst changing strengths/ doseages over. Got some pics
    Pic 1 shows a Red Diesel and she looks fine, no issue and I use this as a comparison especially as they are being fed the same. Previous Kushes have been lighter on nutes than others I`ve grown so I`m a bit confused here..
    Pic 2 shows her same time as I took RD pic but the other 4 pics shows her earlier this morning and I`m thinking that since I`m in closer the camera may be getting a truer picture of colour as she looks lighter to me than the others.
    I`m thinking Nitrogen Dificiency but rectifiable as overall she`s in excellent health (2 weeks into flip so got some wiggle room). There`s no watering problems, she gets good all round nutes and additional cal/mag from molasses.
    I gave her a slight bit of Peruvian bird guano with some non feed compost tea today to start adding some nitrogen and in 2-3 days there is a proper fungal feed with newly revised nute levels back on track.
    It`s an organic grow and want it to stay that way if poss. Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you

I don't see anything wrong with your girls. You want to cut back on the nitrogen while they are in flowering. Once my girls go to 12/12, they get flowering nutes for the first 4 weeks, the nothing but water and molasses 'till harvest.

Comment

kingfish Seem to be getting lighter but now I`m just plain doubting...below are 2 pics, one is from a lad called Coinhall09 who is growing the same strain and those leaves look uniformially darker all over and the second pic is the above girl 3 days before and she looks different. Going to have a lie down and forget about this for a bit I think...Thanks Kingfish, really appreciate your thoughts mate (Link to pics https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...sh-grow-report )

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        When ever I have a Nutes problem, I just give them water for a couple of feedings. That normally sorts itself out.

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah but I think this is a difficiency kingfish that`s the problem mate. Definitely not over nutes that`s for sure

Have you tried a worm casting tea? Compost tea?

I like worm casting and a light dose of fish hydrolysate, with some molasses.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that`s part of my non feed compost, worm c`s, molasses, seaweed and organic compost brewed for 24hrs. What`s your thoughts on this Californiakid does it look wrong to you?

Pagan I am with kingfish. I do not see anything to be concerned about. They are looking good to me.

Comment

How are u sir. That sounds like a great tea. If thats ur non feed what is ur feed. If u want to add some n add alfalfa to the casting and such . Calikid is right on with the fish i mske my own faa its a great fungal food as well as nitrogen. If u can get ocean fish even better. Ur conditions affect it greatly but i woyld go longer on the tea out to bout 48 hrs. U got some nice lookin plants . Happy gardening

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Mainly jamaican bat guano, peruvian seabird guano, organic tomato fertilizer, volcanic dust, phosphate, white hair mold, molasses, seaweed, worm castings and organic compost...that`s the main feed...mold grown for several days then whole lot brews for 3 days

Well, thank you everyone...I really appreciate all your comments and suggestions and have taken them on board. Some excellent advice and I appreciate the time you have taken to respond. Cheers guys

Comment

Brother PaganRich it kinda looks like the leaves are fading between the veins...is that a illusion of the photographs ?

Comment

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            Well looking back, you mention lightening up the mix to prevent any heat caused tip burn.

Tweak it back the other way a bit?

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Californiakid Well remembered mate. Definitely following that thought. Thanks for hanging around with this. Appreciated.

• Californiakid
            Californiakid commented
            Editing a comment
            I enjoy the mental exercise 👍

I wonder if a dose of calmag and/or iron would green it up?

Comment

I'm noticing that kushs seem to require more calcium and or magnesium than some of the other strains now that I think back.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              That`s interesting CK. Do you know if the calmag in molasses would be sufficent or would i need a suppliment? Thanks for this mate

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              PaganRich, morning mate, how's it hanging? I agree ,she is pale looking, but otherwise very nice and healthy.
              Epson salt should help her get her color back. Have you got any ?
              What about topdressing?
              She is gonna be fine, though.
              Cheers.

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Greeting D...I`m hanging pretty fine at the moment. Got a mighty fine volcano going. Epsom salts-how much would you suggest per gallon and is that a one off or regular? What is top-dressing mate? Not wearing a bra, I hope. I said they were looking pale...yes! Thank`s D, thought I was going stranger than I am. I sent you moats, lots and lots of moats. Stay mellow mate

I give a lot of molasses and still feel like its not enough sometimes. I found a calcium foliar I am going to try this weekend .

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Sound D.Thanks mate. Appreciated

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              PaganRich, another product we use in soil is Recharge, tried Great White to, but Recharge works lots better, like overnight you can tell.
              It brings your soil back to life. Read up on Recharge, Cheers.

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              D.A.A.S.69 Hi mate. Sounds good and will do. Thanks mate. Stay mellow

Hey PaganRich even tho this is my 1st grow your plant looks good , hard to tell to me under the light but looks even.

Today I just got some cal/mag in and got some distilled water and a tds meter , watered at ph 6.6 and tds of 340 since my plant still was loosing some yellow leaves on the inside so I'll let you know how that goes. So far the flowers are getting fatter and no other odd issues to report , I also cut way down on nitrogen since flower. Here is a pic of today.

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              That is very impressive mate. Enjoying watching this. Please keep the pics coming, really helpful

Well, success follows another hard lesson. Turns out that it was nute lockout due to me screwing up my nute calc`s. Totally rookie mistake which I`m putting down to being dense due to smoke inhalation . Over-watering, another rookie mistake, further compounded this. Went back to basics, re-vamped my nute guidelines and dried girls out then gradually watered and eventually a feed. Everything`s getting along nicely though a hit on yields is a realistic expectation. So, Pic 1 shows the girls that suffered nit deficiency due to lock-out but now chugging along quite nicely whilst Pic 2 shows lasses flipped later showing no probs, meaning it`s all looking pretty cushty at the moment Thanks to everyone for their input and help. Really appreciated folks

Comment

Damn Pagan, Those ladies turned out beautiful. Great comeback. 2 thumbs up.

Comment

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks mate

Pics of the 3 lasses since I adjusted nutes and watering. They are responding well and I reckon I should get some nice buds out of this lot. Be interesting to see how potent they are after all this.
              Crit Kush - Pics 1-2
              Chemdog Millionaire....not into this lass but there`s nought wrong with her...Pics 3-4
              Red Diesel....both this Diesel and Crit stink of cat`s pee at the moment and I don`t have a cat...anyway, Diesel`s a bit short this grow after the battering but still doing well all things considering...Pic 5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X