Roots coming through top of pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roots coming through top of pot

i have a kush auto in a 10 litre it's 9 weeks old and in 2nd week of flower. this is in a 10 litre pot. I have a 10 week tripple cheese also 2nd week of flower in a 20 litre pot. the roots have started to surface and come out of the top of the soil. is this harmful should I transplant into bigger pots? I don't want to touch the auto at this stage because I read they don't like being repotted. thanks

I always get that as the cloth pots fill up with roots..never been a problem here..

I would not transplant..I did have to drop my small cloth pots into larger plastic pots in mid-flower (outdoor)..As I thought..the roots grew thru the cloth, and instead of being air pruned..They carried on right throughout the soil soil( BLAND AF, so they could't find Nitrogen. (bad for flower development)..
    Carry on!!
    Last edited by Buzzer777; 09-20-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't transplant either, even though some of those Kush autos can get huge, How many gallons is 10liters?
      I get roots growing on top of my soil every grow almost, in smartpots, all i do is throw some more soil on top and try to keep them covered.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I began mulching my soil grow

Comment

Like Daas said - put more soil on top. The roots always grow up to the surface - watering and gravity brings the level of the soil down. Always.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X