Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Water a Seedling throughout the Veg Cycle in Soil

Hey Guys,

I have decided to use soil in my first indoor grow operation.

I will be using a soil recipe I got from Mel Frank's classic Deluxe Marijuana Grower's Guide.

Anyway, I want some advice about how to water a seedling in soil throughout the veg cycle.

Should I water the soil mixture until the water runs out from the bottom holes in the pots BEFORE planting a seed?

And...

Is using a drip irrigation system like the one found here at https://www.amazon.com/Watering-Auto...igation+system a safer way to water a seedling throughout the veg cycle?

You need very little water or you will choke the plant. Water in a circle around the plant a couple inches out. This will encourage the roots to search for water. The first couple weeks probably about 2-4 oz. My 2 cents
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Also I would not completely soak the soil first unless you let it dry out some before you plant.

I water the soil in a 5 gallon bucket 3 or 4 days before using it. I like to soak the soil because it doesnt hold water well at first. I then wait until you can grab a handfull and not squeeze any water out. Then I use it. You want it slightly moist but not wet at all. Does that help?

Comment

Oh as I water it I mix it. Then add more water and mix. I keep doing that until it is wet but not soaked. I then let it dry up until the above statement applies.

Comment

Do not get that particular warring device. You will keep the soil damp. That’s not good. You want a wet-dry cycle.
        I water small seedlings and clones with a turkey baster. Doesn’t wipe out the root system and is easy to operate for its function.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X