Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a "shorter" fixture than this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a "shorter" fixture than this?

Hi all,

I've had this same problem for the last 2 grows: I got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 fixture, and the MH/HPS light work so well, the plants are growing right into the light! I have a 2x4x5 tent with 4 x 3-gallon fabric pots sitting on top of ~4" high drainage buckets, and even with the ScroG, all the colas are going to hit the light box, and I already took out the drainage buckets, took the light box off the adjustable clamps, and hung it right from the ceiling!

Does anyone have a fixture that's still air-cooled and has the 6" duct holes, but doesn't take up quite so much vertical space??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180919_143752.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	250551Click image for larger version

Name:	20180919_143747.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	250552

Pull em down.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Nice, you need to read Nebulas articles on plant training, it's not to late.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yes we all have to train our plants. However a taller tent makes it a bit easier. But we still have to train them. Outside most photo plants reach 7ft to 15ft tall. You could try some autos next grow. Those with lowrider genetics stay really short.
        Last edited by Redwasp; 09-20-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

super cropping,is a good thing. So is a taller tent.

Comment

Hi wordologist,

I grow in a grow box so I have to know what height the plant grows to in indoor conditions. The breeders usually supply that information in the strain description. I write it down along with the flowering period so I can know what to grow together. Then I can decide how to train the four plants to take most advantage of the light and the horizontal space. The article below should help you, and practice makes perfect!! .

https://www.growweedeasy.com/lst-low...s-training-old
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Yep, just fold her over. I supercrop mine but a simple lst will also work. Most of the girls I run into need a little B&D...they like it like that
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
                Yep, just fold her over. I supercrop mine but a simple lst will also work. Most of the girls I run into need a little B&D...they like it like that
                Agree..Mine love it and keep on coming back for more..LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X