Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm New to Growing Hydro Did I get Everthing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO I'm New to Growing Hydro Did I get Everthing?

Hello ,

This is a Marijuana DIY Deep Water Culture set up ready to go. This DWC was made to start my learning process of growing Cannabis Hydroponically. I want to share all my experiences with all of you on my way to becoming a Grow Master. Please leave me a comment and any ideas or advice you can give me, and like always hit that like button and subscribe!

Best Regards,
    SebastianDoingBotany

How do you plan on keeping the water temperature in control? Water over 75 F (Aprox) will not be able to hold enough dissolved oxygen and will lead to root rot.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Toker1 i kindly disagree, my tent runs a steady warm 80-85° F i will say it is harder to keep oxygen levels at optimum but with a stronger air pump to your stones anything is possible.
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Your air temp is 80-85...but what is your water temperature? No matter how much air you pump...regular water at 80-85 F in DWC will not be able to hold much oxygen and will lead to root rot. You can overcome warm water issues with a product like hydrogaurd. Or by adding a chiller. Which brings me back to my question, how do you plan on controlling water temperatures?

Check this out... really explains the importance of water temps in a grow.

Last edited by Toker1; 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM.

My water temperature runs between 71° at its lowest and it has been as high as 80° (maybe more when im not home to do checks). I'm not disregarding its importance, I just dont think it would be the largest amongst a hydroponic grow. Not to say I won't get root rot of some form (it happens to every hydro grower at least once) and I have come into conjunction with it previous. Although I suppose every set up is different as well as grower, nonetheless you are correct in the fact that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, I use hydrogaurd and exhaust outside, thats my method for now, good luck in all your ventures and happy growing
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds reasonable to me. Hydro guard works wonders during those high temp days. I have used frozen water bottles and water chillers before. Never experienced root rot in hydro. I have in aeroponics before, but never in hydro. I only do DWC in the fall/winters and switch back to soil for spring/summers.

• SinsemillaScientist
        SinsemillaScientist commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I was more in tune with soil grows, they always entail trouble for me, usually around harvest time of course. I like coco though I grew succesfully quite a few times with it but my true love is the RDWC. Gives me something more to do I suppose and the inner scientist in me loves the controllable variables as well lol. never tried frozen bottles how long do they last in your hydro?

Well if it dose get to hot I will just have to throw some frozen bottle of water to cool it down but Hydrogaurd I might need some of that

Comment

I worry at 70 degrees. 9.1 ppm of DO in 68 degree water. Any less than that and you are hurting your plants. At 75 degrees the plant stops taking up nutrients efficiently, hurting your yields...maybe even killing the plant.
        Watch the frozen bottles banging on your fragile root system, or freezing the roots from close contact with the frozen bottles. Just battled this recently...
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

Originally posted by RosettaStoned View Post
          I worry at 70 degrees. 9.1 ppm of DO in 68 degree water. Any less than that and you are hurting your plants. At 75 degrees the plant stops taking up nutrients efficiently, hurting your yields...maybe even killing the plant.
          Watch the frozen bottles banging on your fragile root system, or freezing the roots from close contact with the frozen bottles. Just battled this recently...
          Grow Set Up:

Nutrients - Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom with
          Armor Kote Potassium Silicate, CALiMAGic, and HYDROGUARD

FoxFarm Trio Nutrients
          • Get the right juice for the right use
          • Start with Grow Big Hydro for abundant green growth
          • Switch to Tiger Bloom at the first sign of bud set or flowering
          • Use Big Bloom throughout all growing cycles to heal root systems and increase nutrient cycling
          • Ideal for mature, late-season flowers and fruit
          • Grow Big produces lush, vegetative, compact growth
          • Tiger Bloom is an ultra-potent, fast-acting, high-phosphorus fertilizer
          • Big Bloom Plant Food concentrate is ideal for all flowering and fruiting plants
          -------------------------------

HydroGuard
          • Lowest dilution rates of any competing product
          • UseHydroguard 6 months of opening
          • No excess gassing or foul odors common with other beneficial bacteria products
          • Does not produce slimy biofilms or cause pH fluctuations
          • Hydro guard produces high levels of beneficial enzymes. This product is good for 2 years AFTER the date on the bottle and it should be used within 6 months of opening.
          -------------------------------

CaliMagic
          • A concentrated blend of readily available Calcium and Magnesium
          • It is formulated to assist fast growing plants by preventing secondary nutrient deficiencies
          • CALiMAGic helps optimize plant nutrition and enhances plant growth and development while preventing blossom end rot

Lights - VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V600 LED
          • VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V600 LED Grow Light is scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR output and coverage.
          • The secret to the VIPARSPECTRA LED success is the optimal full spectrum which provides plants veg and flower all stages with everything they desire in the natural sunlight.
          • Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 269 watts! Perfect for a 3x3’ vegetative coverage at 32” while 2.5x2.5’ flowering coverage at 22”.
          • Advanced high speed quiet fans and upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks are easy for heat dissipation.
          • 3 years local warranty plus 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee.

Grow Medium - Piedra Rio River Rock
          • Medium cover for various projects
          • Enhances pathways and planting areas
          • Excellent drainage
          • Erosion-resistant to washing
          • Long-lasting results
          • Inhibits weed growth

Extras Essentials
          • 4 DYI Bucket Nets
          • Two 27-Gallon Black Tote with Standard Snap Lid
          • Drill with drill Bit, and Cutting Bit
          • Soft Water
          • 8 Air Stones
          • 4 Air Pumps
          • 2 Water Pumps
          • Beaker
          • Tubing
          • PH & TDS Meter
          • Notebook & Pen
          • Gardening Scissors
          • Scrog Netting
          • Magnifying Glass
          • Green Light Bulb
          • Latex Gloves
          • Jeefy Green House and Peats Combo

Seed - Amnesia FAST
          The product is a breeding programme between Soma's Amnesia and a top secret hybrid strain from SeedsMan that I can not disclose. It is 70% sativa and 30% Indica. This is a potent and productive marijuana strain with high THC levels. Amnesia FAST can be cultivated both indoors and outdoors and grows to a height of between 100 - 150 cm. tall. Harvest time is at the end of September in the northern hemisphere which gives a fairly wide zone of cultivability. If planted into the ground it will grow a good deal bigger than if grown indoors in pots. Yields are very good at about 550 - 600 gr/m2 indoors with flowering taking between 55 - 58 days. There are marked similarities between this strain and the original Amnesia although the aroma is somewhat fruitier with some floral notes. THC levels have been measured at between 20 - 23% giving a very potent effect that strikes a nice balance between indica and sativa. Despite its power it remains a very uplfting and creative high.

BREEDER/BRAND Seedsman
          GENETICS Soma's Amnesia x Secret Hybrid
          VARIETY Mostly Sativa
          SEX Feminised
          THC CONTENT 20 - 23%
          YIELD Indoors: 550 - 600 gr/m2
          PLANT HEIGHT 100 - 150 cm.
          GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
          FLOWERING TIME 55 - 58 days
          HARVEST MONTH end September
          TASTE / FLAVOUR Flowery, Fruity
          EFFECT Creative, Strong

Comment

Hi Sebastian and welcome to the forum. Here are some suggestions from one hydro grower to another:

1. You might consider replacing the river rock with hydroton, which is much lighter. I think it may be much harder for the roots to get through the river rock.
            2. Depending on how large you want to grow your plants, in the bucket on the right, those two plants will be very close together, so you will have to train them apart to keep your air flow good.
            3. Your setup looks great; happy growing!!!
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

SebastianDoingBotany this lady alltatup and gwe website will be your rock, she is so very talented and has plant ears (she listens to what they want and need!) Happy growing friend

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                SinsemillaScientist you are making me blush!!! I'm just a 2 year old grower.

• SinsemillaScientist
                SinsemillaScientist commented
                Editing a comment
                And in those two years you went from educated novice to what i consider one of gwe's finest on the forum. And not just growing skills but advice, wisdom, and fact are things you bring to the table which will aleays be the most consistent forms of communication when it comes to replicating results and or learning from them!! Give yourself credit girl you've done amazing work for yourself and others!

You might think you got all you need, but every week or two, some new products come out ,that makes your plants grow 20times better
              So you have got to buy that too. Lol
              Good Luck
              ps- I grow in soil.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X