strain or nutrition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strain or nutrition?

I grew Tahoe OG first time for me. Buds grew big and dense. Budletts that form the very large buds have no tricomes on inside next to main stem. Thick trics on the outside of the bud but none on inside and also yellow green leaves on inside. It is not light deprivation because grown outdoors in intense desert sun. Is this strain related or did I make a mistake with timing and or amount of nutrients? Buds look beautiful from the outside.

How soon are you harvesting? Yellowing leaves in late flower means the plant is eating itself, normally when the grower flushes
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

The yellow leaves are the very small ones on inside and cannot be seen before trimming. Some of the buds are brown dead on inside along main stem. not molded but brown.

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Had this happen on one plant. No idea why. The smoke was about what you get from most people. I just would like to know the answer myself about the inside browning.

I have had smoke that would knock you on your ass with almost no trichomes so probably wouldn't worry about that. Ask the breeder about that. Some plants do not make many trichomes.

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bud rot

Maybe a mistake in timing ? It's still gonna be good, I bet you.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Well just talked to someone who just smoked some of that same plant. He said it might be ugly but is a fucking one hit wonder. After one hit you are good. So go figure. That's after a 3 month cure. I got a call just after texting the above about that plant. Weird how the world works.

Brown from the inside to out is bud rot, usually high humidity causes this , strategic defoliation will bring that to a halt.
      Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

I agree that the brown is from early season bud rot but there are others not brown but light green or yellowing and some just no sparkle like the outside. I think the light green and yellowing on inside are more inviting to bud rot.

Comment

May be beginning stages i would get some neem oil its all i trust!
          Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

Only thing one can do for bud rot - is cut it out - before it spreads.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thought some pics might help. I have been trimming all day and it has been raining all day. Saw it coming so I chopped. First pic is of a main bud, second and third are inside and out of what I call budlets.

Comment

Well I was thinking about you the other day. You were the one with Jurassic Hoopers right? At least you got something. If I remember correctly you almost gave up the grow.

Get that greenhouse. But where you are get a good fan with some solar power.

Comment

• desertdan
                  desertdan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I planted several strains and there were some the hoppers did not like much and some they would not eat.

Also from what I see those are some nice fat trichomes.

Comment

• desertdan
                  desertdan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But the trics are only on the outside.

desertdan Most of the trichomes are on the outside of the buds, which is why I'm not a fan of grinding bud anymore: you lose too much sticky stuff inside the grinder. But I just vape, make concentrates and tinctures; I don't smoke anymore.

I mean, I wouldn't say No if someone passed me a spliff...

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                  GreenhouseEffect commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now who can resist a good spliff?

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not me!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X