Nutrient mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient mix

im planning to use the Flora-grow trio for nutrient solution in a top feed dwc 5 gallon bucket using 8 buckets and a 10 gallon reservoir. Once the seedlings are ‘eligible’ for nutrient, do you mix each one of the three bottles into the reservoir from the start OR do you use one for veg, then switch to the other for growth and then eventually switch to the third one for flower?

Ive been reading the online manuals and this forum from top to bottom but my aging brain does not seem to be deciphering this one.

Welcome, Farmall(is that still copywrited?)
    I'm assuming that you're talking about GH Flora trio. When mixing those concentrates, always mix the Micro(brown) bottle into the water first, then mix each of the other parts(Grow and Bloom) one at a time. The feed charts tell you how much of each concentrate to add for the volume of solution your making .
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Thank you.... was looking for an answer ALL over ...logically, I would have thought otherwise as during vegetation growth, “x “ ratios are best suited. Then at a flowering period a different “x” formula works best, then finally, the last one.

see.... no logic. Good point on the photo, Changed the avatar ... I know they stopped production in 1981
      again, much appreciated

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        We used to have a Farmall tractor. And it was a good one too.I burned my fingers to the bone on a muffler, when I was about 9years old.
        Yes, you use all 3 ,Micro-Grow-Bloom, all at the same time. 3parts

Hi Farmall ,

Not too long ago I posted a spreadsheet for nutrients: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...wc-hydroponics

My last post has a spreadsheet with the 2nd tab for the GWE schedule.
      I've made it for water volume in liters, but you could adapt that to gallons.

You add all 3 to the water, but the order in which you do does matter.

CalMag (if used) first (GH actually says this),
      then Micro (brown),
      then Gro (green),
      then Bloom (reddish pink).

after all is mixed, pH up or down to desired level.
      GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
      2x CDMH 315W lights
      870m3/hr fan
      8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Since my nature dictates that I research the heck out of things, there are still lots of unanswered questions I come across with few concrete solutions. I thank you for that detail, it’s not defined anywhere that I’ve seen. As I do some cipherin’, it looks like there would be a total of 36 gallons of solution in 8 buckets and a 12 gallon reservoir with a top feed ring. The last “suggestion” I read said to leave the top feed running for 15 minutes every hour. Seems like this is hard to get a majority approval on.... many different opinions from too many sources. Since this is such a focused group, does anyone agree or disagree?

Comment

I’d suggest to keep the water running of the top-feed...
          i recall reading a topic here on GWE about “bubbleponics” where it’s recommended to have water and air pump run continuously...

in my setup ive got air pumping & water circulating all the time.
          GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
          2x CDMH 315W lights
          870m3/hr fan
          8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X