Leaning over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaning over

May be a stupid question but why do some plants on inside grows grow leaning over/almost sideways? I only ask because I dont see this outside. I leave them sideways as babys because in a week or 2 I am gonna make them grow that way anyways. And the sideways growing plants always seem to get bigger faster. But I cant for the life of me figure out why they grow that way or why they get bigger?

Idk, but I have one doing that now. 1 out of 4 all the same strain

Comment

Do you mean when people train and shape their plants?
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I train my plants sideways. The ones I'm referring to grow sideways on their own.

All I can say is....never question what a women does 😉
      "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
      5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
      600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
      Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
      400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
      ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
      13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I would never question a woman. I'll hold the door for her. I'll pull out her chair. But I live in the South I'd never question one.

Simple answer... lack of silica. Most diets (nutrient manufacturers) do not include silica (a natural element in soil). It adds strength to the cell walls which make the branches more resistant to slumping.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil which contains Granite Dust which is silica based. Maybe if it happened later In a grow but not as seedlings that is probably not the case.

Comment

That constant assault from the wind will also make the structure of the plant stronger. Typically in indoor grows, you don’t use direct wind.

I also feel like an outdoor grow, in some cases, will be in veg a lot longer than an indoor grow would be.

Comment

The ones I'm referring to are the ones who havent even made it to the veg state yet. I'm talking sprouts. The ones who come up straight then go sideways. It's not a weak stalk as they can easily support the weight of the sprout. And like I was mentioning they almost always end up healthier than the ones who grow upright.

It's not an issue was just wondering if anyone knew why? And it's not to much light. Was kind of just an observation that I wanted to see if anyone knew why.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you mean by grow sideways?
            Any Pictures?
            My seedlings grow straight up towards the light... every once in a while, one will become too top heavy then will grow sidewards. Most likely because the foliage is growing faster than the stalk. When this happens, I feed them silica and they point up straight towards the light again. If I don’t give them silica, I have to build a support system (usually using twisty ties) until the stalk can handle the foliage weight. I have let them go naturally and had no issues... but supporting the small stalk or feeding silica ensures they all grow uniformly for me.

Next one I have I'll post a picture. I cleared all pics yesterday I think. May be one posted here somewhere from the last few days but cant remember.

Comment

Yes I found one of the pics I posted. The 2nd from the right. Zoom in on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180917_171334.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	249835

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              These are all from seed I assume? And proven genetics with a reputable breeder? & we are not talking phenos here because you said this never happens outdoors? I assume with the exact same seeds from the exact same breeder, right?
              Just trying to arrow the variables a bit here.

I think I I just found the answer. Looks like you were correct about the vigor aspect.

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the Info. I have been looking for some of those mutant strains to plant in one of my flower beds. Australia seems to have the run on them from that
              article.

Or was it one of the follow up articles. Lol either way they need to get those out.

Yes MSNL seeds. And grown alot ot them.

Comment

Yes I am just trying to find out what causes it. Because they really do outgrow all the others for the first month at least.

Comment

Toker1 it must be genetics on these particular seeds. The one on the far right grew sideways also. These are about 10 days older. Look how much bigger that one got compared to the ones that grew straight up. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180917_181201.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	249874

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s what I am thinking. Each seed of MSNL will be slightly dif. (Pheno types). They will fit into a few sub categories. I’m thinking this is some sort of genetic variation that is present in one of the phenos.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X