Monster cropping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster cropping?

As some know I had to chop my outside grow down earlier than expected,the reason was of weather conditions,that was about 2weeks ago. Thay are still outside in 5 gal. smart pots, when I was chopping I left about foot and a half of plant with a few leaves on them. Thay have started growing again😁. My resurch has led me to believe that I have unintentionally done just that monster cropped? Anyone out there in GWE that has information that can confirm this or advice as to what to do next would b met with much thanks 😁

NebulaHaze disn’t you write an article on this
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

If you can bring them in and put them under vegetative light cycle they will grow back. I do this all the time if you have questions.

Comment

I can and will bring inside when temps start to drop, sorry I missed that article, from Miss Haze never thought about doing this.it kind of just happened happy hippy here 😁 thanks Redwasp. So that’s monster cropping, just treat them like veg till ? Hairs form ?
        Last edited by Potted; 09-17-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

You are just reveging them. Monster cropping is taking clones at week 2 of flower, then reveging the clones. The process adds branches quickly at the expense of 2-4 weeks lost grow time.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

You will have to treat them exactly like new plants. These are not autos are they? Doesnt work with autos.

But if they are photos and the light outside already sent them to flower they will try to flower immediately and you will not get much if anything. They need enough light to think spring has come again. And as far as time goes I can plant seeds at the same time I start a reveg and the reveg is done about a month earlier.

So in short to make it beneficial they need preferably 18/6 20/4 24/0 lighting or if you like whatever you normally use for veg. Not gonna get into that topic here and I'm sure you already have a preference.

Comment

No, not autos, photos girl Scout Cookies from Burgman. Iv found that 18/6 works for me. O well I guess what I got isent monster cropping after all thanks for clearing that up toker1 and Redwasp

Comment

What you are doing if you reveg them is monster cropping. But Toker1 is right also.

Either reveging a plant that was in flower or taking a cutting from a flowering plant is monstercropping. Reveging a plant you cut down is far faster than cloning one.
                Last edited by Redwasp; 09-17-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

by Nebula HazeTable of ContentsWhy "Monstercrop" a Marijuana Plant?What Strain Works Best?Monstercropping to Increase Yields Indoors

Comment

I just got done reading it,took a while to find, thanks I see what u mean.😁

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
                      GreenhouseEffect commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I ended up Re-vedging my CD-1 plant this summer, man, that was one CRAZY bushy plant!! I did end up having to trim things out quite a bit, but she is doing great now, and making good buds. Seemed to become a really hardy and and vibrant plant from it.

• GreenhouseEffect
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, you know me, I would give her a bunch of earth worm castings! I believe that something about them has healing quality's for plants that have been stressed. Come to think of it, I believe I gave my re-vedge a bunch of them after I transplanted, and flipped to 24hrs.

Thanks for the reply’s, it took a few days, but I was only able to fit 1 of the photos in my closet. I’ve got 4 autos doing there thing. I cut her down to 1 1/2 feet,broke up the top layer of soil and watered with, worm casting and bat shit till runoff.
                    I have a Q. Since this is my first attempt at MC, should I cut her down shorter? Or is a foot and a half OK ? No real leaves to speak of on her now but 5 branches coming off the main,that’s Y I picked her. Under 600 watts hps 24/7, temps 78 👍 and the humidity 50%, 👍 does that sound about right? GreenhouseEffect, or any one with experience with monster cropping. Again thanks for all reply’s 😎

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      when ive done monstercropping i always leave a few buds or growth tips, im not sure but sounds like you kept only the branches?? there should be some buds usually the lower ones closer to the main branch, new growth starts at the top of the bud and when you see sticking out an inch or two you should remove very carefully the bud left with a razor blade or exacto to leave only the branch itself, makes sense?

• GreenhouseEffect
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with 9fingerleaves.
                      Keeping the light back further than normal may be good at first.
                      I like the Guano and castings combo, she has probably depleted the P from flowering already, I would stop short of run off though, since with organic Nutes you do want them to build up in your soil and feed the microbes. The microbes are really who you are feeding, then they feed all that good stuff to your plants. It's like your the Manger, and they are your employees, doing the work while your away. And they only ask to be paid in food, and there food is basically shit, man, about the best deal anyone on this planet could ever ask for!

This is as much a experiment for me as a possible plan b, I beleave that one of my autos is starting to herme, sure would b nice to have the reveg in my back pocket if needed.
                    I agree with what’s been said, and yes I did leave a few leaves not all sticks, but half. Will the sticks with no leaves come back? I’m pulling for bouth the auto and the reveg at this point ! Hopeing for the best, preping for the worst, its just the way I play, Thanks for the info that’s been provided to date by 9fingers and greenhouseEffect any additional information on this subject would b met with much thanks.

Comment

• Toker1
                      Toker1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sticks with no leaves do not bounce back. They die off.

• 9fingerleafs
                      9fingerleafs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      one last thing my friend, theres no such thing as revegging autos, i think you cannot clone them successfully either

Well after this grow I will post a monster crop/from a revegged plant post. Wont help you now but maybe others. There is really no skill to it. But I have been doing it for awhile now and love the results.

Comment

This is a long shot anyway,since I dident top her till the sixth node, she grew to 11’ with only a very few leaves under the canopy. I fully understand how monster cropping works now,thanks to a few friends, but I think I’ve chosen the wrong grow to do this with.......not enough lower branches with leaves. Still I just got to try,🤞

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X