Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Nanners and harvest date? Plz help

Hi guys and girls! I need your help

I have this plant... It's 18 weeks old (10 week flowering stage) and it has started to grow some nanners. I have plucked out like 8 of them.

Nanners in buds:

​​​​​I have read the tutorials on this subject and they recommend to harvest now before the nanner problem gets worse.

Also I have read the harvesting tutorial and, by the pistil method, I should be harvesting now but I see cristal clear trichomes still.

Some bud and plant photos:

How does it looks? Should I cut my losses now or wait a little?

This is my first growing experience so I'm kind of unsure

Thanks in advance

. Chances are they just pollinate the bud that you plucked them from. I certainly wouldn't change anything this close to harvest. Your plants look too good to fuck them up now. Even if you have a few seeds, it's not gonna change the quality of the weed. Some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a hermied plant. Plus the seeds are female.
    Last edited by kingfish; 09-11-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

man i would definitely cut my loses and start a new grow with a more trusted seed source. 10 weeks into flowering and doesnt look close to ready, some plants grow big fat colas ready to harvest in 10 weeks. where did you got the seed from?

Comment

First it’s good to find out why you got them to begin with. Light leaks? Bag genetics? Growing from bag seed??
        Before I started messing with quality genetics I didn’t want to spend the $$$ and been down this same road. I had a hermi, I plucked every banana I saw. Took hours per day. Harvest report, bud quality was ok...no seeds amazingly!! Only issue was the end weight. It didn’t yield anything worth the amount of time spent on it. Add up electrical costs plus consumables and it might have even been a loss.
        I tend to agree with cutting the loss here and starting over. Make sure to solve the actual issue causing the hermies first, or you may see the same result next time.
        If you want to try speed up the finish flower cycle another idea is to force her into finishing by dropping the light schedule down to 8-9 hrs of light per day. This way the plant thinks winter is here now!! She will start showing amber sooner than you know it.
        Last edited by Toker1; 09-11-2018, 10:32 PM.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

That is a long flowering tim. Do you know the strain? I've grown consecutive hermies from seed and clone. Where were these nanners located? If it was lower on the branch just keep an eye for them on the uppergrowth. A few seeds won't be a big deal but they've probably stopped working on budding and started working on seeding. Some plants that go too long can and will do that to preserve existence. Some plants keep growing white pistils like yours till the very end. You say trichs are clear do you habe trich pics?

Unless it's a 12 week flower time you may have exasperated its resources. You should try to figure out how you got them as stated above. If there's only a few here and there keep plucking. If it gets to be too much, too many you can maybe harvest without seeds. But I've had good smoke with seeds in it, a few seeds won't be a big deal. And you can turn that into some good butter or decent hash/oil. But with the looks of your plant I probably would call it a day and read some more into training for bigger yields. That much time spent growing without atleast 8oz would kill me.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

I'd advise just to keep going until you have milky trichs. Just be careful when you smoke. Those blazing fireball seeds popping out can be dangerous.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I will answer the questions:

- I got the seeds from a bud given to me of unknown strain (good effects though), so the genetics might be poor.

- The reason for the nanners might be in the germination and seedling stage: in the beginning, I planted the seeds just to see if they sprouted (without knowing NOTHING of growing weed). When they started growing I started to study the ways of the weed. Before that, the light schedule was not controlled so... Nanners.

- As stated before, I had no idea of growing weed so I started to apply the concepts of growing a little bit late (topping, FIMing, pH levels, light schedule and so on). Because of that is the current shape of my plant (no topping an no FMIng, but LST when the plant had already the shape of a Christmas tree).

- I have been checking the trichomes with a Jewelers loupe (exactly the same Nebula uses in the tutorial on the subject), but I still see some clear trichomes and no Amber ones. I will try to get a microscope for more accurate viewing.

So, for the next growth I'll go with good genetics and good practices from the beginning.
              ​​

​​​​​​

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                When you take a seed from bud (aka the bag seed) you are exposing your garden to late blooming hermaphroditism and genetic inconsistencies. What I mean by that is the seed may have a genetic predisposition to being a hermi, or other less desirable traits. Nothing you can do about your grow process will change that. Even a perfect run will still produce the same end result.
                Start with seeds from an actual breeder. Or clones of tested strains to obtain the best results.
                Yeah, I started out with a jewelrs loop too. After a long time of straining my eyes, I switched to a 100X pocket scope and have been happy ever since.

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got one of these that will take you to high mag. https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-Han...tal+microscope Fairly good quality, and cheap too. You might get by with one of these dual power loupes. https://www.amazon.com/MagniPros-Ill...eler%27s+loupe I've got one may not be the same brand, but they are all Chinese. Have a couple of the lower power loupes too. Thanks to the Chinese proletariat for all of this abundance!

Howdy Alexanderz, One the nanners show up, they have all ready put out some pollen, so plucking them is futile. I get nanners on mort of my grows (most likely due to heat stress and /or light leaks (earlier grows)) but, on the bright side, the few seeds produced have all been female seeds. My last grow was with nanner'ed seeds and produced 12.81 oz. (from four plants) of good quality bud with a small quantity of seeds in it. I see nanners as a good cheap source of 'feminized' seeds without additional exposure to prosecution risks (mail, interstate trafficking, etc.).
              Just my thoughts on the topic.
              Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Toker1, I have never found any 'opened' nanners on any of my past grows. From what I have read, once the nanners show, the pollen is already "\'out of the bag' and this makes it futile to try to remove them. My experience with them is that the quantity of nanner'ed seeds is few compared to a female plant pollenated by a male plant, I only get a couple of seeds (if any) in a bud and the quality of the smoke is not reduced by having seeds.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                DW2, is right , time you see a nanner, it's already to late

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not necessarily true...
                bananas show, then they develop pollen.
                I once had some landrace Afghan that grew male parts prior to the 12-12 switch. Read this article. Clearly states this.
                Cannabis plants can be male, female, or hermaphrodites. Knowing the difference can make or break your cannabis operation. Find out their differences inside!

Sounds like you are harvesting before they fully open. Because when they do, you don’t just get a few seeds...you get a ridiculous amount with like zero bud to smoke. Also, it might be strain dependent. Because I had a plant, a late blooming hermi, I picked those little bananas off and inspected daily for more. End result was good quality bud with no seeds. The only adverse effect was lowered weight. Due to the plant focusing on reproduction parts instead of fat colas.

Comment

Guys I bought a handheld microscope!! The difference with the loupe is very noticeable my mind is blown!!

I saw that the trichomes are getting cloudy and some are even getting Amber!

What do you think? I want to give it a couple of days more and change the lighting to 15-9.
                ​​

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try to scope the buds...I see a lot of leaf in the Picts. Leaves can be very deceptive in judging their maturity by this method.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DAAS69,
                  Check out the picture I captured in the next reply.

• Chefbjy
                  Chefbjy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are these the sugar leaves or actual calyxes? You will want to go by the swollen glands not the leaves themself.

Comment

DAAS69,
                  I see amber...check this one out. Top right and bottom left of this pict.

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 is right - you still have a ways to go - let the buds fatten up. I don't see any LSTing - just a bunch of string tied around something. If you want to fully LST - it's like a wrestling match with your plant, you've got to hold her down while all she wants to do is grow up.

Wait a week.

I grow autoflowers - in that 18 week ongoing timeframe - I could have grown, dried, cured for 4 weeks and started smoking top shelf bud.
                    Last edited by Canuck147; 09-13-2018, 01:32 PM.
                    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yes some are sugar leaves but the majority are from calyxes

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
                        D.A.A.S.69 is right - you still have a ways to go - let the buds fatten up. I don't see any LSTing - just a bunch of string tied around something. If you want to fully LST - it's like a wrestling match with your plant, you've got to hold her down while all she wants to do is grow up.

Wait a week.

I grow autoflowers - in that 18 week ongoing timeframe - I could have grown, dried, cured for 4 weeks and started smoking top shelf bud.
                        Yeah the strings are to hold the colas from bending because they are too fat to hold themselves

When I learned what LST was, it was a little too late but still I was able to get four main colas instead of one big ass plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X