To Harvest or not to Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL To Harvest or not to Harvest

I've got two plants doing pretty well outside, but the weather is beginning to change and last year I waited to long to harvest and developed a mold problem. So I wanted to check with the community to see if I should go ahead and harvest now or wait another week or two. The pistils are still pretty white as you can see. I do see some that have turned a little brown towards the tip. Last year when I developed a mold problem and was forced to harvest, the pistils were still very much white at the time.

If you can wait, I certainly would. They don't look ready yet.

Comment

Any recommendations for how much longer I should wait? My understanding is that when the pistils turn brown that means its ready to harvest. Is that correct? Are there other signs I should be looking for that say "ready to harvest"?

Comment

The only true way to tell is with a jewelers loop 50x power and check the trichomes. By just looking at the picture, I say you are in the 3rd week of flowering and you have about 5+ weeks to go.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the responses

Comment

I'm thinking of harvesting tomorrow, but wanted to check and see if I should wait longer.

Comment

Baron164 ,those are nice, I don't know how you like yours, but I let mine go alot longer than yours, You are about 2-3weeks early from the way we like ours.
              You still got white pistils
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

This is only my second grow, which has gotten further along than last year. Last year I developed a mold problem and had to harvest even earlier which I'm concerned will happen again. I had one branch break off and I found a little bit of black on some of the leaves. I need to do a more thorough inspect to see if I find anymore areas like that.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Plenty of air movement, usually takes care of the mold.

look closely at the junction of the stem and stalk. This is were mold develops the most when buds are small.. Your lost stem may indicate a mold problem. Treat with fungicide.

Comment

The lost stem was actually because it got knocked over in a storm. I apparently need to upgrade to bigger pots next grow. But I'll definitely give it a dose of fungicide in the morning, just in case.

Comment

• desertdan
                    desertdan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If the branch is broken at the stalk sometimes bad weather lets you know there is a problem. Put fungicide at all junctions. Water tends to stay at that spot and encourages mold. This does not occur in indoor grows because no water from above onto stems.

I'm going to have to agree with kingfish. Those are baby budlets they will only get bigger. You habe a ways to go yet I'm thinking atleast 5 more weeks. Brown,red,purple, and pink pistils are going to be present. But the way you tell when they're ready is stated above with a pic for a guide. All the white hairs will curl in and turn colors, you just have to be patient and wait. Keep them dry and shake off the morning dew. You will be much happier if you can make it another month or so.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X