X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL White dots on leaves

Hello Friends

I grow Trainwreck by humboldt seeds.

Week 03 of veg, using Adcanced Nutrients trio + spraying Rhizotonic and Armor si once a day. Everything is going well, plant grows every day.

However about week ago strange white dots started to appear. The oldest leaves seem to be affected more.

I take control of everything: pH, temp ect. So I dont think that she got some kind of deficiency.

Can all this can be caused by spraying on leaves? I also adjust pH of water I use for spraying.

​​​​​​​Would be glad to hear your opinions.

A deficiency shows up in a symetrical pattern which you don't have.
    Pests on the other hand, are asymetrical in nature and would be my guess to the spots etc.
    Spraying every day keeps the area ripe for bug infestation.
    The fact they are on lower leaves, yet continue- shows the infestation is being kept alive. ie on an outdoor grow you will sometimes see this during hot/humid periods and only thoose leaves are effected- once the temps and humidity return to lower amounts- the bugs are gone.

Clones are OK to spray in the begining- but I never spray seeds, at anytime during a grow unless there is a nutrient deficiency caused by an imobile nutrient.

So yes- it all can be caused by spraying leaves. just add the products to the usual feeding.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

I agree that it is likely caused by the folier spray but I disagree that you shouldn’t folier feed a plant from seed . I spray all my plants twice a week with a humid acid / silica spary twice a week . These bottles have instructions for folier feeding .

Are you using tap water . Does this white stuff wipe off . It is likely impurities in the tap water like when you don’t dry your car off after you wash it . I don’t see anyone brown/yellowing so If there is no sign of bugs I would t worry to much .
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

I suggest that you get a jewelers loop with at least 60x power and check under the leaves for spider mites. Those white spots on your leaves don't look good. I just went through a bout with the little bastards.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your replaies!

I Would totally agree with version that foilar spray caused it, until I saw very very tiny creatures (pale yellow colored) walking on leaves. But it is impossible to take photos as they are too small for my camera.

Could they cause those leave dots?

Comment

• DankwingDuck
            DankwingDuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they are likely the cause .

Something like one of these maybe
          DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            That's exactly what I was thinking for the two most likely culprit's.

• GreenhouseEffect
            GreenhouseEffect commented
            Editing a comment
            If you see this kinda shiny looking stuff at the bite areas, kinda like snot, or a slug trail, then it is thrips, if not, I'd think spider mites.

Hmm.. Maybe your reply is the solution..

I will check out everything and update here

Comment

This will kill them.

Comment

Well... Today I noticed same dots on my other plants in box.

Now Im totally sure that all this is caused by some pests and bugs.
              Before I buy anything, Is there any way I can deal with them with home items?

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Zaxar, don't mess around with Home remedies. get the stuff I showed you and kill them quickly. If spider mites (The Borg) start webbing and get in the tops, you're screwed.

Yes there are solutions to this on the GWE site. But hurry because those are nothing to mess with. If it's the Borg especially. You can try the home remedies but they can be hard to kill.

Comment

Yep, I wouldn't mess around with the home remedies if the're spider mites( those tiny dots, tiny bugs, and NO shiny snot looking stuff).
                Def order the Captain Jacks Asap.
                In the mean time..... make sure there is a good breeze all over your plants, it messes with the reproductive cycle of spider mites, you can also spray with an alcohaul mixture, think recipe is in the tutorial, if you have a place to by Diatomacious earth near by, blow a small fan at undersides of leaves and sprinkle the stuff in front of it, wear a dust mask for this!

I would also order some Neem oil, you can mix half a teaspoon into a gallon of water, and water the plants with it, it is taken up systemically, and will help to chase em off, once the plant gets bigger in a few weeks, water with a teaspoon per gallon, STOP once they begain flowering, the neem is out of there system in a few weeks by the time you harvest.

The goal is to nuke the living .... out of them, you don't want these guy's around, and they are WAY easier to deal with in vedge, once you get into flowering, your sorta hosed....
                Organic Soil,
                with molasses,
                In a Greenhouse with,
                Redneck engineering.

Comment

This pricey insecticide will work. https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydro...eywords=azamax
                  only 4 oz. Worked for me the last time on my cannabis.

I also bought this Bayer product, but later learned it is only for outdoors so didn't use it on my wife's indoor banana plants. https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Advance...+insect+killer Are you growing outdoors? If so this looks like some potent shit.

Comment

Strike that Bayer product after reading these reviews. https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=0

Comment

Comment

Thanksa lot guys for supporting my broblem.
                      Now Im totally sure that thrips are my problem.
                      Today I found some spray against thrips and hope that it will help.

If not I will order it from amazon.
                      Thanks a lot again

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                        DankwingDuck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can use lady bugs

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X