"Mouse Nuts" Specifics of Low Stress Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mouse Nuts" Specifics of Low Stress Training

Ok this is the engineer side coming out (or the OCD) but, got a question about tying down the main stem and branches. As you tie them down and they begin to bend for the light, at what point do you tie them down again? I can imagine tying each node but, when thinking about it, you'd run the risk of damaging the node if not mature enough. Understanding of course the opposite of waiting too long and stems becoming woody/inflexible. By the process descriptions, you're clearly looking for the plant to be bending/growing back toward the light. At this point though, do you tie down at the next mature node or do you wait 3-4...10 nodes?

The reason I'm laser focusing on LST is I've decided to start my grow experience with Autos instead of Photos. Given the schedule constraints for the remainder of 2018 and start of 2019, Autos make more sense.

Your main aim is to keep a even canopy. As new laterals start stretching towards the light, bend it down to keep it even with the rest. The idea is to NOT let the main stem be the tallest part of the plant.

Comment

OK that makes sense. So you just keep working the canopy thru a couple weeks into flower, right?

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I like to have all the canopy build by the time it goes 12/12. I take the restrains off shortly after the flip.

Kingfish now you've identified a possible misconception. My assumption was that the tie downs remained in place until harvest. Thus the colas would grow from each exposed node where tied. Am I totally off base?

Comment

By the time they go to 12/12, all the colas have been established. I take all restrains off soon after so they stretch to make room for the buds. Once the buds get big I use stakes to hold them up. I love that part.

Comment

Ok this is good to know. Would have kept my ladies bound up tight till the end. (Like to keep that kind of stuff in the bedroom anyway.) Thanks much for clarifying.

Comment

How soon after the flip do you remove the restraints? The day after flip, 3 days after?

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Msizzle, i don't necessarily release mine tho I might rearrange them. The idea is to keep the plants open so light gets to all flower sites.
              BTW i don't know if you noticed but you have asked a question on a thread and last post over 3 years ago. i've never heard of MrStoker in the year I've been here.

Hey kids. Check out this article. I do a good bit of pinching when I'm training.

Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

You’ll likely need to be in the tent making adjustments every day during veg

Comment

TOKABIGONE . I think there's something going on with old posts popping up. 'Fishy' I called it in another post. How does a three year old post show up?
                Remember this?
                Brown weed - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It Is strange for sure! First you would have to find a thread that old then make a post on it. I can only find my own posts younger than 6 months. idk!

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a parameter in the advanced search option that allows you to check as far back as the original forum post.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X