Florence is on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florence is on the way

ah shit,I got to chop down my outside grow tomorrow morning,the long range forecast is for heavy rain moving in tomorrow night and periods of rain and cloudy for 4 out of five days and to add insult to injury the remnants of Florence will b coming up my way after that SO TIMBER before the bud rot takes hold. To quote Ed Rosenthal ( a immature
    bud is better than no bud at all ) in his book harvest when asked about outside grows and prolonged periods of wet conditions.
    I’m going to wash the buds and hang to drip dry for a day or two, it’s going to b a real slow dry in this humidity as well. It looks like I’ve got som weight any way, I took a bud and took a look with my loop not as done as I like but since I’m forced to chop anyway way might as well make the best of it. Chow for now 😎

Best of luck on the harvest.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Hope everything works out for you potted.

Comment

Went out at 5 am this morning to chop and wash my buds, got them hung on the porch to drip dry. I’ll probably leave them hanging all day since it’s raining ( it wasn’t supposed rain till tonite ) I’m soaked,but satisfied with the outcome so far cuncidering the alternative.... bud rot! I’ll try and post pics later on today when I wake up 😎

Comment

Damn the risks of an outdoor grow are very high. That's why I have most of my plants in grow bags so in an emergency I can move them either into my barn or carport. Sorry for your misfortune. Rosenthal is right somethin is better than nuthin.
          Last edited by starramus; 09-09-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Beleave me when I say I would move in a ny second, but I have a wife of 38 years and two grown kids married wit kids.
            Grandchildren,that puts the cabosh on moving. My wife’s umbilical cord only reaches so far (stubborn bitch) and that the reason
            I’m not in a legal state Starrmus.
            Last edited by Potted; 09-13-2018, 08:20 AM.

I grow outdoors every year, some are like this, and some years I get a bumper crop, eather way I alway get enough to see me thru, till I harvest again around thanksgiving,thanks for your concern.😎

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            I am using 15 gallon grow bags so I have the benefit of a larger crop, but with the flexibility to deal with an emergency case such as this.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            If I was growing legally like u starramos, I would have a plan B that would take care of this problem. But as this is not the case I can’t resort to moving 12’ tall plants around any time the weather is not cooperating. Look Martha isn’t that Potted dragging that large bush into his shed! Why yes it is, and there he goes again,and again that looks a lot like pot we better call the police just in case. My worst case scenario. No comparison with u, If only life were held on a level playing field.lol
            Last edited by Potted; 09-09-2018, 05:57 PM.

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            It's our moral imperative to make it a level playing field. You could move.

Yep, I'm in the same boat as Potted. I'm about mid flower on my outdoor grow and it's been raining off and on for days, supposed to be like this for the next week. Fortunately, there have been dry spells between showers so the plant have a chance to dry out .
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck with that,I even thought about putting up a rain fly but I thought it would draw to much attention to the grow.

My summer grow is hanging up on my porch waiting to b trimmed up, and hung in my basement wit a fan for air movement to dry,I plan to do this today after I roll a bone or two 😎 to help with the job. Hopeing to post pics later on,

Comment

the girls are just hanging out on a rainy day, chop,chop,

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Great pic, Potted!! If it's so humid, why don't you remove some of those leaves?

I'm also bracing for Florence. School's cancelled all over the state.

Planing on doing that today, do u have any butter for my popcorn buds. ha,ha,ha, looks like a lot of them since I chopped early.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              We do the best we can; shit does happen.

• Potted
              Potted commented
              Editing a comment
              How true,I’ve found that a good year for a outside grow happens about every 5 years, I just keep on trying till Mother Nature
              Decides to cooperate. Afterall it’s only a few seeds,soil, and nutes and hopes and dreams ,sorry Waaaaa...........just kidding

Tuesday evening: According to latest tracking, we are gonna take a direct hit from Florence. She ain't playin.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Get the f### out of dodge now, don’t wait...... it’s a monster,A MONSTER, thay say.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I am fortunately not in an evacuation zone on the coast.

It’s not the storm surge, it’s the fact that it’s just going to sit there and rain, Hope u find your way to higher🤣ground. Get it, higher ground,....... to soon?
              In my thoughts and in dreams as well, u know. Stay safe and b polite to the first responders, alltatup 😎

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                After Matthew, I was so grateful and polite to the guys who came from another state to get the electricity poles up again, and the guys who were cutting huge pine trees up to get them out of the streets.

This year, I'll offer them a cup of tea, Get it? Maybe a dropperful or two of tincture mixed in there...

• Potted
                Potted commented
                Editing a comment
                I spoke to Satan this morning..... he said he may not b able to spare the weed from drowning, the cats have 9 lives so no worries there, but u my tattooed lady have only 1 life, so get safe and grow again XXXOOO

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Potted I'm not on the coast, so I don't have to evacuate. Don't you worry, I'll be safe. If I lose power, I'll just mostly drain the reservoirs, spray the roots daily, open the blinds to get some light in, and hope for the best. It is what it is... It's the folks on the coast I'm worried about.

Wishing safety and good thoughts to all you folks in the path

Comment

Guys just stay safe. Our family has lost houses, land, crops, and almost family members from rain and hurricanes. I cant say I'd leave as I'm told I'm a hard headed ignorant bastard. But if you can take a vacation. If you havent seen what the forecasted 15 to 20 inches of rain can do yet your about to find out. And let me tell you when the military comes to get you just thank them and go.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well I'm hard headed, too. I ain't leavin my cats or my cannabis.

• Potted
                  Potted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please Read the above comment that I made , alltatup

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X