No announcement yet.

2k19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the purple pictures, I used the white balance filter, so at least we can make out the plants

working with LoJ today, and she has fillled me with much joy. Inside that compact (3" tall) little plant, are 8 possible tops. put some wires across the pot, to tye her to, when the time comes (twirling my moustache a la Snidely Whiplash 😈😁)
    started strapping the top tips down, raised the light, hoping for a little vertical growth (and coax those bottom stems up. Or just start working from those tops, and clean everything below. She needs a couple days to recover from my manhandling before deciding and doing anything else to her 😁

no pic of the NL today. She is taking her sweet old time. The dominant stem is doing well, I have pulled her away from the subordinate stem. The subordinate stem is still working on Node 2 (really slow, but healthy and green, starting to pick up the pace, I think 🤞I hope 😁

Comment

If you would like to see some insanely rapid vegetative growth pick up one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Grow-Co-Ceram...e+315w+ballast I've got mine in the basement for my winter grow. Have my clones there, a few late planted experimentals, my reluctant pollinator, and soon a few Gorilla Glue #4 autos.
      Last edited by starramus; 10-14-2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

I been drooling over a CMH. Just don't have enough pennies saved yet 😁

If all goes well, hopefully in the new year

Appreciate the input - TY

LoJ
      44 days from seed
      I broke a top, so she has 7 mains
      light defoliatin last week. Only took 7 leaves (1 per stem)
      I'm itching to take another couple of leaves this week, will likely wait another day or two

NL
      34 days from seed
      My mutant plant. Started as twins. The shorter girl is growing 3 leaves per node
      can't wait for her to start growing, so I can really start training her. So far, just pulling the taller one way over (took 1 leaf last week)

last night was res change, as I was reading my nute recipe, I realized it was way out of wack (1:1:1 and low doses)
      so, went back to GH and their recirculation schedule. Currently running at %50 'Late Veg' (~1100 ppm, 5.9 pH)

so, I been starving the poor girls, they looked they had plumped up a little, when I checked on them today.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They sure don't look starved to me!! ;-]

LoJ
      50 days from seed
      I took a couple of fan leaves, to expose the horizontal stems, have some nice growth coming. The mains still have a few, inches to go, before I let them turn upwards.

NL
      39 days from seed
      took 4 fan leaves, tied back 3 stems

no nute burns for either of the girls, continuing to run GH Fora Trio recipe @ %50 (1178 ppm / 2356 us/cm) and 1/4 tsp GH SubCulture-B in each res

Potentially,, these girls could be beasts, both are still less than 3 apples tall 😁, I topped the LoJ as soon as I could, just so I could start training her

And for alltatup , the best picture of Fall in New Brunswick (that I have). Standing in the same spot as before, just turned left almost 90 degrees, so looking across and slightly up river.
      Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 10-28-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't see the pink pictures, but New Brunswick is gloriously beautiful. I can see the huge leaves, though!!!

wow - I guess its time for an update

LoJ
      62 days from seed

Been a long month for her. She has been defoliated twice. 21 hour power outage (power was restored, reservoir changed, she spent the next 72 hours under lights). She still has her 7 mains - almost to the edge of the pot. Some nice stemmage coming up the middle (a couple of good 'clone' candidates). been keeping her canopy quite flat

She has been giving off a little smell for the last 2, 3 weeks. Nothing major, warmish earth, with faint hint of skunk. Can get a good wiff, when I open the tent - but it disperses quite quickly

NL
      52 days from seed

Also a long month for her. No real defoliation - has been a couple of leaf pluckings. 21 hour power outage (she received the same treatment as LoJ).

She still has her 2 stems.
      I fimmed the 'normal' stem, it seems to have worked - multiple leaf growths (leaf tips are all abnormal - from the fimming)
      Still dealing with the root rot - thought I had it chased out, but when I checked today, more brown on the roots. l will probably add a second airstone to the res, on next res change.
      The second stem, was still throwing 3 leaf nodes, when I knocked the growth tip off - only been a couple of days since the tragic event, so she hasn't really resumed her growth yet

Dealing with 5 or 6 good side stems - keeping them tied down along the horizontal

Continuing:
      GH Nute Schedule at %50 (Late Growth - Week 3)
      SubCulture B (1/4 tsp in the res) - will likely bump the dose for NL to 3/8 tsp

Comment

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Man those babies look great. Mine are just behind yours from the looks of it. Love it.

Weekly reservoir change (bucket cleaning, hydroton rinse for the NL)

Nutrient Solution: (%50 GH Schedule)
      pH: 5.9
      TDS: 1138 ppm
      EC: 2276 microsiemens/cm

After 3 weeks, this nutrient solution still 'feels' high to me, but the plants aren't showing signs of burn - its almost like they are asking for more. Maybe I will bump it up when I get the HID set up. They are doing fine under the LED (Meizhi r450 - 200W from the wall)

NL (Canuk)
      53 days from seed
      moved NL into a catch basin - ran 5-7L of RO through her hydroton (until it ran clear)
      moved NL into an empty grow pot (let her roots hang, dark and dry, approximately 30 minutes)
      scrubbed her pot (mild dish soap)
      wiped down the pot with %50 rubbing alcohol
      replaced suspect airstone with 2 stones (more bubbles for the roots)
      mixed 3/8 tsp SubCulture B into nutrient solution

LoJ (AMS)
      63 days from seed
      moved LoJ into an empty grow pot (let her roots hang, dark and dry, approximately 30 minutes)
      scrubbed her pot
      wiped down the pot with %50 rubbing alcohol
      mixed 1/4 tsp SubCulture B into nutrient solution

I am happy with their progress (except for the root rot).

LoJ is coming along nicely, I get to adjust one or two stems every day or so I turned the exhaust fan down last night, so the tent smelled like LoJ when I opened it up today

NL is still chugging along. Topside - I think she looks great. Rootside - I am not so thrilled (hoping the extra air stone and bumped SubCulture B dosage deals with it) She doesn't seem to have much smell, just green plant (even when I stick my face right down into her) Some LST going on, maybe 5 or 6 lower branches I am coaxing towards the edge of the pot.
      Re: root rot - I think either my hydroton and/or airstone was contaminated/not cleaned enough. My tent isn't getting hot enough to raise the res temps

Hoping to pick up some lumber this weekend (just some 2x2) and frame up a 5'x5' space to hang a 600w HID in. Get these ladies vegging under some MH. (and over the next couple of weeks , get and add some panda film to the frame for a light tight grow space)
      I haven't even considered flipping to flower (only been 2 months) - the NL roots need to heal and stabilize, the LoJ wants/needs more time

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Lurking, we already talked about light leaks into the reservoir, didn't we? Make absolutely sure--can't stress that enough--that there are no light leaks. I had to lie on my back on the floor and peer under my reservoir lid to catch light leaks I missed the first time. I just want your root rot to leave and never return.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        LOL

I thought I had the pot light tight. But wouldn't hurt to confirm.

NL (Canuk)
      61 days from seed
      Doing great. Growing slow and steady. No huge outbursts of growth, constant and slow 😁.

LoJ (AMS)
      71 days from seed
      doing great. A couple of the horizontal stems have made it to the outer rim.

Both are 24 hours into a 48 hour flush.
      Flushing for the NL more than the LoJ. Getting the last of the root rot out of her bucket.

flush solution
      RO, CALiMAGic, Armour Si, Subculture B (pH: 6.1, 383ppm, 766 microsiemens)

they are both liking the flush.

Still not thinking about flipping to flower. Thinking about running a couple of autos, and letting these girls veg under the same 20/4 lights.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your doing great, ole buddy, keep it up.
        Your plants are looking mighty fine !!

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really beautiful color.

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Low and slow. Nice. I think I'm gonna run 5 gallon buckets next run. Seems like less maintenance. Like the way you have these set up for training. Perfect imho...

72 hour flush - real life got in the way last night. I did mix up nutes, and pH'd to 6.1. They both look good

Today
      Moved the girls into empty holding pots. NL is finally showing some decent root growth (6-8 inches) 😁. Quick pot cleaning. Fill with nute solution (pH: 6.2 TDS: 1534ppm EC: 3068 microsiemens)

Sallisawjim the girls are currently in cute little 3.5 gallon pots. I will up-pot (to 5 gallons) before the flip. The 3 gallon pots are just easier to manage at this stage. They are starting to take 1L top ups, daily though.
      Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 11-21-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking great, ole buddy !!keep up the good job.

So, driving into work this morning, i realized 1500ppm was GH full strength recipe. Fretted all day that i was going to come home to crispy little girls.

opened the tent, and there was no crispy. YAY! 2 happy little girls

only going to give her pH'd RO this week, slowly bring the ppm down to range.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking very nice, some plants can take more nutes than others, that's a fact..
        Less is usually always better.imo.
        HappyGrowing

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look outrageously green to me!! ;-}

NL (Canuk)
      75 days from seed
      Doing great. She is finally coming into her stride (it's not fair, I keep comparing her growth to the LoJ, but she is 10 days behind)

LoJ (AMS)
      85 days from seed
      doing great. Some of secondary stems are almost to the edge of the pot

changed their light schedule to 20/4. RQS recommends 20/4 for their autos. I am going to give these girls another flush, as/when they go under the MH (with the autos). Veg them until the autos finish, then flip to 12/12 (if I can wait that long)

Pictures are from just after lights out

recently germinated
      2 × Royal Gorilla auto (RQS)
      pretty much still seed 😁
      Just had tails today, into rockwool,warm and dark. No pictures yet, camera shy 😁
      going to run these girls under MH, then flip to HPS when I get pistils
      Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-03-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful plants!!!

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        They look great. Mine are a jumble of leaves and mIns. Just a mess. I cant keep up with them as far as defoliation is concerned. Maybe 30%. Idk. Yours are so nicely not overcrowded like mine are. Nice.

HID erection (hehe) and bulb test

Got the barest of bones of a 4×5×7.5 space set up. Enough to hold a 3.5 foot parabolic reflector 😁

checked out the borrowed ballasts:
      400w 'open style,' ballast (I don't like the design - could even rant, but the price is ok)
      1000w Nanolux OG variable ballast (I love this little solid state, digital design)

Test #1:
      testing 400w (figured I should start small)
      cleaned up the MH bulb and installed it. Cleaned up the ballast as best I could (did I mention I don't like the design)
      less than 3 minutes into the test, smoke coming off the ballast, before I could pull the plug - the breaker tripped. Outside the stinky failed ballast goes

test #2:
      Cleaned up 1000w MH bulb and installed.
      2 hours later, no smoke, lots of light. Raised the room temp by 2 degrees C

guess I am running a 1000w HID (woe is me and my first world problems)

now, to roll a big fattie and consider the room exhaust (just a matter of making the 4" fan, blow out the 8" chimney)

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        All sounds good!! Yes, we do have those first world problems, don't we...

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        They will love you with that light.

Reservoir change - just running a flush for a day or two. Probably should have started the flush 2 days ago (Armor Si, CAliMAGic, SubCulture B). Thinking they have enough to deal with. They had to move. The 4" inline fan was their exhaust.

So, moved them under the MH. Light currently at 3'. Will monitor and play with light distance

Both lights and plants are on the same 20/4 schedule (6 hours to sundown).

and the Royal Gorilla Auto - I have a pretty little sprout

ust so happy 😁, I could do the Snoopy Happy Dance
      Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-05-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        LoJ: 87 days from seed
        Lots of tips, I topped her once and was able to coax 7 stems to the edge of the pot by tieing them down as they grew. I kept stroking any middle growth up until they were long enough to tie down.

NL: 77 days from seed
        Not as many tips, she was a bit of a slow starter, but doing the same type of training. Tried to fim, instead of top

So, just under 3 months

Really restrained when I defoliated, just took the super large leaves. Never more than one per stem/branch

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Lurking, looks like they're outgrowing the pots, no? I don't grow soil, but don't they always say that when the leaves get wider than the pot, to re-pot?

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        DWC
        I am thinking about up potting (currently in 3.5 gallon) to 5 gallon

Methinks its time for a Grow Room update:

first, the current enchilada
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181216_021735.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	1,013.3 KB
ID:	276223 back left: NL
      back right: LoJ
      front left: Thing 1
      front center: cLoJ
      front right: Thing 2

1000watt MH
      20/4

NL
      88 days from seed
      Northern Light (Canuk Seeds)

vegging along nicely. I havent been giving her the attention she requires (real life, stupid real life 😁) I have been pulling down the long branches, cleaning out the occasional leaf, cultivating plenty of verticals
      she is in desperate need of some defoliation, LST, a heaping helping of TLC
      ​up-sized reservoir, from 3.5gallon to 5 gallon

LoJ
      98 days from seed
      Light of JAH (Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds)

pretty much in the same shape as NL, except she has a lot of stems pulled down, mains all the way out to the edge of the pot
      up-sized reservoir, from 3.5gallon to 5 gallon

Name:	IMG_20181216_011622.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	729.2 KB
ID:	276224 NL on the left, LoJ on the right

they are both a bit of a mess. Life, and some poor planning. I was just expecting to grow them and pull them out like a star. The LoJ is pretty much trained that way. The NL, kind of but she threw a curve ball when she gave me 2 mains from seed. Just didnt really consider the extra veg in plant growth 😁

Thing 1
      15 days from seed.
      Royal Gorilla Automatic (Royal Queen Seeds)

Today is the end of her first full day of MH
      I hope to top her and run her arms out in a mainline/flux fashion
      She is a participant in The Great Auto Showdown

Name:	IMG_20181214_213617.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	276225

cLoJ
      15 days from cut
      clone of LoJ

cLoJ is the first of 4 clones (2 from LoJ, 2 from NL) that will be coming into the space. Could get crowded, 8 pots total 😁
      the goal is to train the clones into a mainline/flux shape

Name:	IMG_20181216_011728.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	976.9 KB
ID:	276227

Thing 2
      9 days from seed.

my second participant in The Great Auto Showdown
      I moved her into the grow room just after lights out, so no MH yet. I keep worrying that I moved her out of the dome to early, but 3 hours out of the dome, she hasn't fallen over yet 😁.
      she was strong enough to move, just a smidge early and I'm fussing because it's my first Auto grow

Name:	IMG_20181216_011649.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	807.3 KB
ID:	276230

An empty tent

soon, it will hold another NL clone.
      My goal is to run a quick and dirty airpot, under a 2'×3.5' scrog, under the 450 LED
      using Gaia Green products, feeding the dirt via monthly top dress

Quick and dirty airpot:
      take a milk crate, line it with that black garden cloth that somebody needed miles of, fill it with a coco/perlite mix and voila the quick and dirty airpot.
      when I measured and calculated - 7.5 gallon. I reserve the right to remeasure and recalculate when not as baked

Name:	IMG_20181216_021919.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	592.3 KB
ID:	276228

so, the plan is
      learn to grow and train the autos: the showdown thread is already making me rethink 😁, crawling through other folks grows and the googles of course 😁

veg out the other 6 girls, training them for a nice yield (mainline/flux).

The Autos are expected to finish in early February, by then the space will be walled in with Panda Film, and light tight. Ready to flip

Then, I can think about a veg space 😁

oh, and I want to read more about shaping the end results, post links if you know of any. Light Addict (same guy who does the flux) 'tutt' style looks good.
      I'm not looking to build his deathstar, though it was a cool looking plant
      Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy moley, you are one busy grower!!!

Sitting here, enjoying a doob and the lights went out. Scared the absolute crap out of me 💩

once my heart stopped beating all the parts of a taiko performance, I took a picture. The Whole Enchilada (9 plants)

so proud, daunted, excited, anxious, ...

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't you mean UNdaunted? Neither snow nor sleet nor root rot nor nute burn slowes these growers...

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        @sallisawjim
        those QB boards do good work - I know a guy, swear to god, colas like my forearm, elbow to wrist. wouldn't believe it, if I didn't see it. looking forward to when you reveal

• Sallisawjim
        Sallisawjim commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. Almost donewith my growbox setups. Justwaiting on pump and two different fittings. I built 2 of these lights. My buddy owns a little machine shop and made the brackets and heat sink for me. I built the lights out of 100w cree LEDs by Samsung. Still waiting on my drivers to come in. Just a few odds and ends. I hearthe same thing about them. That's why I decided to go that way. Have to run my ductwork sometime soon also. Not fun. Lol.

septem diebus apud hortus
      {8o_~

been puttering away at the grow room, as I could, over the last few days.
      had to slide the frame away from a wall. wasn't enjoying the lean across to the girls in the back - so, when done, the 'Cube' will be 5x5x7'4". I know, its not a cube, still trying to figure out what to call it...probably just end up being called the "5x5" or "flower hut". I will have access from 2 sides. haven't figured out what magic to use for doors, lots of time to google search that
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	323.3 KB ID:	279277Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	369.6 KB ID:	279278
      took 2 days to do a res change (maybe RDWC does have an interest for me ), aproximately 50 liters of RO.
      I have added a 50L cistern (LOL - a tote with bubbles) to the grow room, treated RO (CALiMAGic and Armor Si)
      just daily watering (topping up), the 8 girls takes 10-15L

NL
      99 days from seed
      Northern Lights (Canuk Seeds)
      Mostly Indica
      7 week flower

LoJ
      109 days from seed
      Light of JAH (Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds)
      75% Sativa / 25% Indica
      10-12 week flower
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	279279
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	891.0 KB ID:	279280
      these 2 are the spinsters in the room, almost 4 months. so happy with how they are turning out. added another ring to their pails, tethered to the first ring, with a 9" tether. LoJ needs another 2-3 inches to start lifting hers. NL needs 3-4 inches
      running them at 50% GH nute schedule (1024 ppm, 2048 microsiemens/cm)

Thing 1
      25 days from seed
      50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
      56-70 days after germination
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	498.6 KB ID:	279281
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	875.5 KB ID:	279282
      got her roots in the nutes
      running her at 25% GH nute schedule (700 ppm, 1400 microsiemens/cm)
      she was topped at 3rd node
      branches just starting at node 1
      branch nodes at node 2
      nothing at node 3, yet

Thing 2
      19 days from seed
      50% Indica / 30% Sativa / 20% Ruderalis
      56-70 days after germination
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	703.1 KB ID:	279283
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	751.2 KB ID:	279284
      no roots yet (took 21 days for root nubs on Thing 1)

cNL
      22 days from cut
      clone of NL
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	628.6 KB ID:	279285
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	970.7 KB ID:	279287
      promix in a solo cup. waiting on her to start filling out the solo cup, before transplanting to final pot. been watering her with "plain" water (RO + CALiMAGic + Armor Si)
      she is doing well, somebody thought it would be a good idea to straighten the hump in her back (like she wasn't busy enough), so lightly supercropped her, a little bit. the guilty party may have been under the influence of THC at the time, the guilty party feels some remorse but was heard muttering, "she has nothing but time to recover"

cLoJ1
      cLoJ2

22 days from cut
      clone of LoJ
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	700.9 KB ID:	279286

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	768.1 KB ID:	279289
      both have roots in the nutes, both are on the same nute schedule (50% GH nutes)

cNL1
      cNL2

22 days from cut
      clone of NL

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	769.0 KB ID:	279290Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	692.9 KB ID:	279291

cNL1 is showing roots across the bottom of her netcup
      cNL2 is showing 2 root nubs
      I expect roots in the nutes in the next day or so for both these girls. at res change, they are still on "plain" water (RO + CALiMAGic + Armor Si: 378 ppm, 756 microsiemens/cm).
      once they get roots down into the reservoir, I will top up with a nute dose

Attached Files
      Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-27-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        @mr.furley

I had seen somebody's grow, where they had added maybe 12 eyebolts to their pots for training, I needed something similar
        I had access to some 12" rings (they are used for making Christmas Wreaths)

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        @alltatup
        A buddy of mine just finished growing the photos, he got a great harvest. I'm sure you will make them sing 😁

They did good work with the autos, they look and behave alike, not much difference between the 2

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        LurkingInTheGrass you got it going on, ole bud, everything looks great to me, beautiful pictures and plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X