WW x BB
    White Widow cross with Big Bud
    Female Seeds
    Feminized
    Mostly Indica
    Autoflower
    8 - 10 week from seed

Seeds are sitting in RO, pH at 6.1, dark but airy
    Germinated seeds will go into rockwool plugs, a humidity dome, and under fluorescent grow lights
    When ready, plug will go into 3" rockwool cube, final pots are 10 gallon DWC buckets.

New air pump inbound, expected next week

Nutes:
    not yet, way to early 😁
    General Hydroponics Flora Trio, Armor Si, CALiMAGic, pH+/pH-
    I am thinking about trying KoolBloom and/or Diamond Nectar

The auto is a freebie seed.
    She will end up in a 2x4x5 tent, with a 2x3.5 scrog, under a Meizhi r450 (just under 200 real watts, 2x3.5 flowering footprint). Havent decided if I will try topping her or not (depends on her growth). But will bend her to the screen as soon as she is tall enough

The photos will end up in a home made, 5ish x 9ish x 8ish, 'tent'' (yet to be assembled), under 1x600watt MH/HPS, and/or 1x1000watt MH/HPS
    I want to veg them for a couple or three months, and get 4 clones each, before flipping and to finish the 5 NLs, and continue growing the LoJs. Ideally, when the NLs come down, i will have 5 more plants ready to go in, for a perpetual flowering tent

The space should allow me to put up a scrog (maybe 2, one for each strain)

exhaust is currently a 4" fan, soon to be upgraded to an 8" (the room has access to the old chimney, yay - of course, I haven't pulled off the plug, to see how much work it will take to make functional)

another few days work should have the 10 x 12 room (I have recently been authorized to commandeer 😁) cleaned out, window covered, plastic down, 2x4x5 tent up, piping assembled for custom tent (Panda film is next on the grocery list), HID fixture(s) cleaned and hung,

Seeds sitting in RO is working as an incentive to get this done 😁

Welcome to the party LITG.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Comment

After 24 hours in RO, on to paper towel (last night). They were good and swollen (maybe even a little cracking)

Today, rushed home from work because I knew they would be ready. All excited, like a big dog with a hardon.

sure enough, nice tails on NL and WW×BB, LoJ a little slower, but ready for rockwood

WW×BB was closest to me, picked it up and i dropped it back onto the paper towel. DID I LEARN ANYTHING - NO. Picked it up a second time, dropped it, it bounced off my surface to the floor. I froze, listening for the sound. Plink, plink, nothing. Did I forget to mention the ancient wood flooring? Nice and dark, great place to hide a seed. No battery left on the phone for a flashlight.
        take a mental picture of where I stand. Take huge, big steps away, to get a flashlight

I havent cried in years, but thought about it tonight 😁

after 25 minutes of crawling on my belly (just glad nobody else was home to hear the swearing). I actually found it. The little tail was all mashed ☹

hoping one of the gods I invoked (remember the swearing) favours fools, I put it in a rockwood bed

Carefully, with my moistened, wooden skewer (some big dogs can learn) picked up the other seeds, and put them in their rockwood beds.

All three, currently sitting in darkness on the warming table, I'm hoping for three helmet heads, but am only going to get two

But FUCK - still pissed at my stupidity

Glass half full, glass half full
        at least it was a freebie seed.

nope, didnt help. I would probably just drop that glass 😁

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, I hate it when that happens. I don't know how many times a seed has bounced away from me, never to be seen again...

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I lost one under my freezer once. It's a horrible feeling!

So, checking for helmet heads and as expected, found 2

I wasn't thinking and flipped them over. To my surprise, I had 2 taproots

3" blocks are soaking (full strength CAliMAGic, drops of ArmorSi, balanced to 6.2)

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't they cute!! I just love the way the little tails poke out.

Earlier today there was a private service, followed by a moment of silence ............followed by a thud as the WW×BB was filed appropriately

Then therewas much jubilation
        They took their own helmets off (half is still clinging to the LoJ)
        They seem to be enjoying their first day under the dome

at this rate, I will be putting them in pots soon
        Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 09-13-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Lurkin, Those babies are stretching out towards the light; put em closer to the light or give em stronger light. I'm no expert on lighting, but you don't want them to get that tall and gangly (give em some support, too).

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, they need light yesterday.

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed

Left for work without dropping the lights (no where near enough coffee this morning 😁) probably a foot and a half from the dome DOH!

Now, the fluorescents are right to the dome (7" dome). As close as I can get.

On the hunt for something to support them with - thank you - thinking about Pagan and his clothes pin at the base

Looking good so far. And yes that 1 for sure is trying to get to the light. Will make it easy to train but shorter plants are always the best in my exp. My current baby photos has 1 plant that thinks touching the light would be ideal. So maybe it's just the 1.

Comment

So, in the end - I gave the N.L enough support to hang itself (last of my N.L. seeds are soaking)

I am happy with the LoJ, did a rootcheck, she had roots coming out of the 3" block. So, into DWC she went (full strength CAliMAGic, half strength Armor Si, pH balanced to 6.1, 30" from LED on veg setting)

hoping to get the N.L to sprout and run, with no suicide this time 😁

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            And the fun begins 😁

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I like that: "enough support to hang itself." The power of positive thinking ;-}

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            I should have a taken a picture - it was so sad, the next morning, her stalk all supported to right under the cotyledons (sp? I should look up how to spell it), and neatly folded over the plant tie, hanging down

Note to self - make sure the light is where it is supposed to be, not where you think it is 😁

RosettaStoned - yes. So excited to have a plant growing 😁 that I can touch. Can't wait to work on her and get clones going.

I have 2 outside, racing against the weather. It was 8.8C last night. Crossing my fingers for another 7-8 days of summer
            Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 09-20-2018, 04:18 PM. Reason: Thumbs the size of elbows

From atlantic Canada - GOOD MORNING GWE!!

sitting at my favorite spot on the river, with a coffee and couple of small tightly controlled grass fires

checked on the NLs

NL-16 Sept
          not much action from her, looking at the plug, it might have been too wet. Will give her some more time in warm darkness (crossing my fingers)

NL-19 Sept
          I have growth, there was no helmet, last night I could see the growth coming up, didnt take any pictures because of the dome. Didnt want to do anything to disturb her 😁.
          Took a picture of her while I had the dome off this morning, is that a 3rd cotyledon at the base? Looks like the helmet was all husk. Will be keeping an eye on her over the day, currently within 4 inches of the fluorescent light. I don't want another suicide 😁

LoJ
          adapting well to the tent and LED. First set of real leaves coming along nicely, the first set of leaves looked like they had pinched tips, but she is filling them in (almost like inflating a balloon)
          spritzed her a couple of times through the day (same solution she is sitting in - CAliMAGic and Armour Si)

some 2K18 wrap up
          I have 2 plants left (outdoors, in the ground). My 2K18 grows were all about learning, so any bud was/is gravy (almost 4 ounces of gravy 😁 more if these girls get to finish).
          Last night was 2.9C, they are predicting below zero by end of week 🤔

both are clones, planted in June- lived through a killing June frost (there were supposed to be 3 plants, 1 didnt make it through the frost)

started showing pistils 6-9 August.

Crop King Seeds Purple Kush
          not recommended for outdoors 😂😂 learnt about checking your strains against conditions

CoG
          Clone of Gamma. Gamma was from seed, she was the first (of 3 seeds) at everything. Tallest, etc. She was the queen of the litter.
          I gave CoG a bit of a time while she was growing. Bent her, pinched her, tied her. I didnt top, I was able to get the second kola by bending and tying
          she was starting to lean (a week ago) so put up the support. Yesterday, we finally got the tail end of the hurricane florence winds (so far away it's just winds) - glad the support was there

CoD
          Clone of Delta. Delta was the runt of the litter, shortest, last to do everything. She ended up a close second to Gamma in yield. I have done nothing to CoD. I wanted to see and understand natural growth and the 'Christmas tree shape'

Both are watered and fed regularly. Accidentally flushed for a week (more learning and paying attention to medium and nute requirements)

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Goodness!! I just zoomed in on pic #4, and you're right: it looks like a Siamese twin!!! Always a good sign!!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a beautiful picture of that water, looks like a couple of hoglegs, on that deck or pier.
            Nothing like catching a buzz, early in the morning, on the lake bank, watch in the sun rise. Nice pictures

• LurkingInTheGrass
            Editing a comment
            Ya - once snow flies, I don't get this close to the river (bit of a hike down the hill, nobody wants to keep my trail clear, including me)

Yup. NL-19 Sept is a mutant

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            How cool is that!!! Are you gonna let em both grow and train them??

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            😃 twinsies nice. Bonus plant 😉.

alltatup it makes sense to try to train them. 1/2 the work has already been done 😁

Comment

NL-19 Sept
            taking her time - lol, I'm ok with that. Hoping both stems make it to veg 🤞

LoJ
            doing really well, even has a 3" fine root, down into the res. Might add some weak nutes to the res, Wednesday or Thursday. Would like to get humidity up, turned exhaust fan all the way down (next step is off LOL)

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Lurking, your seedlings need more light; they're stretching way too much.

• LurkingInTheGrass
              Editing a comment
              ty - will correct

NL:
            has no other sister seeds, NL-16 Sept didn't make it

growth tips I can see by naked eye, yay!

So, I stuck the post in the cube, then knocked the cube off onto the table (note the extra flat edge on the rockwool and the wobbliness of the taller stem 😭)
            hoping the post protected the tall stem, she wasn't that happy looking.
            I should just stop touching things and keep my hands in my pockets

lights are down to the top of the dome, I have the plant raised (the light is maybe 2 inches above the stick)
            hopefully, I am done knocking her around (until it's time to tie her up 😁🤞)

LoJ:
            chugging along (no new picture, not much change)

Outdoor girls (last of 2k18 grow):
            CHOP CHOP CHOP
            it was 0.5C last night, they are calling for colder

for some stupid reason (was waiting for the pistils to turn orange, like the indoor mothers did) I never checked the trichomes until today, fat and milky as far as my eye could see, top to bottom, and back up just to be sure. I didn't see any ambers, I didn't see any clear.
            CHOP CHOP CHOP

Just hanging in the shed for now - no time until later or tomorrow to clean them up

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't let those trichomes get dusty in the shed!!! They look delicious.

2K18:
            Final Update

the 2 cloned Purple Kush (Canuk Seeds - not recommended for outdoors)
            ended up giving me 19 grams

they spent 1 night in the shed, then hung in the grow room. got them trimmed and down to RH of 64% (on the stick), snipped them and into bottle almost 2 days ago

giving me a total for 2K18:
            from 6 plants, just under 4.5 oz (4.42 oz or 125 grams)
            1 (White Widow) - I stunted and hurt all the way through her life. still amazed she gave me anything. was an acceptable smoke

3 (Purple Kush) - I am happy with how they turned out, almost 1 ounce per plant. smoke turned out well, nice and relaxing, in your own head high, the couch lock crept up on us

2 (Purple Kush - outdoor) - learned so much, simply by being able to get right up in their grills, and see the growth patterns. just tried it - maybe a little racey, but smoother than I expected for a couple of days in the bottle

I learned so much - 2K19 will be a good year for growth

2K19:
            LoJ
            26 days from seed
            she is working on her 5th node (I start from Node 0=cotyledons+first leaves, Node 1=first true leaves, etc - not sure if its right, but it works for me)
            her stem is quite stiff, and wooden - waiting for another node and maybe top her, if she wants/allows
            so happy with her, from where she started (so leggy - because somebody thought they lowered the lights).

NL
            17 days from seed

brought her into the tent (dome and all) a couple of days ago
            noted the faintest little root in the bottom of the rockwool
            removed the dome for a day
            transferred her to the hydroton - she pouted about it all day yesterday, but is picking herself up today.
            once she copes with the hydroton, I will pull the taller stem down - try to get the tips level
            stilled havent figured out how to refer to her/them - leaning towards 'them' (2 plants, sharing a root ball)

and a picture of the Fall Fade for alltatup
            Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	655.5 KB
ID:	254933
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Lurkin, Thanks for the picture, which soothes the tumultuous storm that is my soul... ;-}

• LurkingInTheGrass
              Editing a comment
              Been gray days here, you can barely see the colours, in the picture. I will get a picture on the next sunny day 😁

Are you bragging about having a soul? I traded mine for a cookie long ago

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Lurkin, I should have written, ...my tumultuous mind, but I was thinking of the 19th century Romantic poets when I penned the immortal line... Nothing more SUBLIME than a body of water on a grey day. I remember one day, back in the 80s, walking on Newport Beach during a rain storm, and there wasn't anybody else around; it was awesome. A boiling sky, frothy, wind-whipped waves, lightening piercing the ocean in the distance, a seagull trying to fly into the wind.

Now scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Just a quick update

LoJ - 32 days from seed
            she got topped. I was poking around, checking her out and she asked me to take her top off 😁
            Purple picture was right after topping, nice side view after lights out
            Apparently, I don't have a pretopping picture, doh!

Name:	
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	257103Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	257104

NL - 22 days from seed
            Still chugging away. The short stem is slow going, she started picking up over the last day or so 🤞

Name:	
Size:	876.7 KB
ID:	257102

everybody is shiney because I misted the tent after lights out
            Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 10-10-2018, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              The loj looks lush!!! And the NL's chugging along. ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X