Grow room temp control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow room temp control

Hello , new here and to growing, I've got a room next to my utility room that is insulated but no ducting because it was added on to the house so the cieling is slanted from 8 ft to 6 ft , it is 11.5 ft long and a little under 6 ft wide.

it has a window so I guess I could get a really small window unit but that's kinda pricy.

or was thinking adding floor vents and attach them to the room next to it and use a duct fan to with push or pull air?

Do y'all have any ideas ?

right now room is at 78 degrees with a fan blowing during the day 75 at night.

U must realize that the temperature now is fine but what’s it like in 3 or 4 mounths? With grow lights on or off. ventilation as well as temps are key to a good grow along with air circulation and humidity or lack of it. It can b a lot to grasp at first but if enjoy growen and smoking your own stuff u have come to the right place for help.I my self grow in a slanted ceiling closet and have had heat problems in the past solved by venting with a 6” fan.into my attic. Get inventive and don’t b shy ask away 😁

Comment

Your temps are nice and in range but you could be cooler a bit at night by a couple of degrees, Here is what I do when not using an ac, y room is nearly same
      size as yours, one fan into room pulling in air from the room itself, a large box fan in window on a 15 min timer, so it brings in fresh cool air, keeps temp at 78 f. Fan keeps going a lil bit after lamps go off but now it’s cooler at nights I had to turn it off completely last night as temps got down to just above 60f. As long as you have a matched steady airflow, you should be good, if using an ac you could get a portable unit which is ducted to a window so not a window unit, much more efficient and I bought a refurbished 12000 btu for 240$. However two inline fans that can pull in and vent out air is an ideal option. You’d need to calculate how many cubic feet you have and buy fans that can easily move all air out of room and refresh it in 5mins.. so probably an 8 inch or maybe a ten inch should do it.... that’s just a rough idea...

Comment

Thanks Potted and NAKEDGARDNER , Yeah I'm trying to make the best environment for the plants and concentrate on ph and among other things from what I've learned on this site , I've read just about every tutorial and lots of posts.

so far I've got 2 critical kush and 2 mamamia plants , one critical in flower with little to no issues so far, just kinda jumped into it for fun and learning using a potting mix called ecoscraps from the home store supposed to be organic I guess , one meizhi 600 watt equivalent led and one viparspectra 300 led , next go around will be coco I believe.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X