Humidity issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity issues

I would like to drop my humidity by about 10-15 %. I am thinking of a product called "Damp Rid". Has anybody used this product in the past? If so, what were/are the results? Thanks in advance. J.

I have not found a product that works very well unless you have a really small grow area. A dehumidifier in the room is your best bet. However if it works let us know.

Comment

I haven't had a chance to review it, But I do not think that would be a good ongoing fix... You would probably be better off using cat litter for price vs result tbh, I use Cat litter in an old sock in my truck in the winter to remove excess moisture build up.

My guess is you would probably need to replace it every week at best, it looks like an expensive ongoing cost to me.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        I like to use used kitty litter in my truck, to remove excess people build up...

How big is your space? If it's a smaller space I think Qwertywill has a great idea with the kitty litter... Some of the damp rid has scents for when the snowbirds lock up their temporary housing and return north... You would be replacing it quite often $$$$ kitty litter is cheap and natural.

Comment

I haven’t tried that product, but I have tried the $50~ dehumidifier and it did not move my % down at all. I think the idea of products that small is they are to remove moisture when it’s quick and short bursts of moisture (like a bathroom, after a shower) or to be in super tiny places like under a sink.

When your plant is constantly putting water in the air, those little products can’t handle it.

If it’s the upfront cost, amazon typically has nice ones like a Frigidaire where you pay for it over time.

If it’s the electric costs, I only run mine at night when my lights are off for cheaper and more stable use.

Comment

I'm using Damprid in my tent (2x2x3) and it works OK...dropped it by about 10% BUT I don't think it can keep up with 'active' humidity (constant transpiration from the plant). Kitty litter would definitely work better. The silica-bead cord-free dehumidifiers work but they're a pain to recharge.
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the help. Will take all this wisdom into advisement. Again. Thanks.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I say save and invest in a 50 pint dehumidifier if you're going to be growing in humidity a lot, or you need it for flower...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X