College of M.J. knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College of M.J. knowledge

Some colleges are now offering a minor in growing and producing our favorite weed,preparing for the onslaught when it becomes legal!!!!!
    i wonder if I can still get it under thi G.I. Bill ?????? Hahaha 🤣 ah to be young again, a brite and prosperous future lies ahead for our young people.
    Pretty soon it will be big production and big money to those who get in now, like it or not that’s a fact, we as growers now are akin to bootleggers or rum
    runners, bathtub gin,white lightning, and alike.... we are connected thru proabition that I feel we are on the cusp of defeating..... the market will b there
    HELP WANTED experienced and educated growers...... u get the idea

haha yeah i agree, when those people graduate and realize you actually need 10+ years experience to be the master grower they need for the business theyre creating theyll have no choice but to turn to the underground growers. in those universities they teach just the basics of growing

Comment

Would be interesting taking just those classes though if you had a good teacher. Only problem would be teachers who have no actual knowledge. And I imagine that there are quiet a few since its been illegal for so long. But still an Interesting minor.

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wondering if I can take the class online? But officer it’s part of my fianal exam, or my sister really did eat my homework
        Probably not

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Potted There are indeed classes online; this is all about getting licensed or certified in order to enter the industry. If you look up cannabis university...

It's been around for a decade! https://oaksterdamuniversity.com/
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Boy if I we’re starting out again, this would b consideration ,mind u I’m not complaining, the school of hard knocks has taught me well ,and I have the scars to prove it.
        but if let’s say u take a 4 year corse and opon completion u put your resume out there. I think big production, or the government, or even big pharmaceutical would hire a
        young person with theses credentials in a N.Y. Minute.At good money,with benefits,401K, medical,and a pension to boot.after all there not going to hire a old grower like
        me. that want to mold a young person to there specs. It’s not a bad deal for the graduate, if pot was leagalized every where.
        The problem is all independent or small grows would b a thing of the past, just like proabition and bath tub gin, it would fade into history! As mass production puts billboards
        Up, And adds in magazines,on tv and anywhere u look?.........it could b as easy as, let me have a pack of OG Kush extras..... to the robot behind the counter. Not as far off as we think.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Not gonna happen, Potted: independent growers will always be around until the sun sputters out...

Seems like a lot of money for something we get for free here from some of the best growers.
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless you need to have a license or suchlike.

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point.

There wii always b a place for the elite or four star weed, as this takes more care and attention to produce the cost would increase of corse.
        Similar to a fine liquor,ageing,and curling will bring higher prices,but as for the masses, the regular joe,the working man,he or she could not afford
        To buy the high priced stuff on a regular bases....saving the good stuff for the weekend.... he doesent grow himself, he’s or she’s is a consumer
        who wants to catch a buzz after the kids are asleep. That’s the kind of weed u get from the robot behind the counter.
        . I also believe that a collage degree in growing will b needed, to land a good job in the Cannabis industry, in the not to far off future.
        Last edited by Potted; 09-07-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing that like other things they will eventually require a degree or license. Even though you actually dont learn how to do a job in college. Very few jobs out there do you learn how to actually do the job in school. You learn from doing it. People are forgetting how to work with their hands. And the worst part will be that the guys out there actually growing the plants will probably make less than the guy who couldnt grow a thing but is telling them what to do.

Comment

An example: Look at who was issued the contracts to grow the medical marijuana in Arkansas. All major corporations. They are now trying to hire the smaller guys who applied for the contracts to actually grow for them.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            And they'll try to pay them shit wages.

And there it is, production on a large scale, paying good money for... fair...pot ? It would have to b regulated and taxed as well. with everyone’s hands in the pie the drive for profits,would out way all other criteria just like the tobacco industry did, until it was rained in by the government. Thay new, way back when that it was harmful to humans but profits would b slashed,so it was kept quiet as long as possible. And than had to pay millions in compensation to the victims, but during that same time made billions
          from saies it was a win,win for big tobacco and who cares about the girl or boy in the hospital, the pettie law sute to follow.they have a bank of lawyers just waiting for u.
          My dream for the future is that we will all b growing in are own homes without any regulations at all. but that’s a pipe dream some peeps don’t have the time or want to waste it growing, so it will b off to the store for a pack of OG Kush lights from the robot behind the counter. Hay it could happen 😎

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            So some folks like to cook, and others don't; some of us LOVE to grow our own, and nothing will stop us.

I think in the future for cultivation may require a degree or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by lafnian1990 View Post
            I think in the future for cultivation may require a degree or something like that.
            I agree with you, it is quite possible. The government may decide to allow only qualified professionals to grow. And then a degree in this industry will be appreciated. I certainly wouldn't want to go to college a second time. The first was enough for me. It was hard for me to learn especially to write essays. If it weren't for sites like this https://edubirdie.com/rewrite-my-essay I probably wouldn't have finished college. And now the training is probably even more complicated and expensive. So I don't even know who will go to study for growing.
            Last edited by AngelaLifman; 06-29-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Just call me " Professor BudGal " you want a passing grade? Show me your grows
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Should we start a certificate program or continuing education course? Cash in while the money is good? Final exam is the quality of your test grow.

You know what OldManGrower my final exam was a written essay and it was our choice what to write about. So i used my fish smoker made smoke cheese an fish tray for the class who ate it while i gave the essay heehee i got a easy A LOL

indoor/outdoor grower
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Was it bribery on your part? Or just setting the proper mood for your presentation.

Well a bit of both OldManGrower the essay was of a driftboat fishing trip we had done on the Rogue River we did it in 4days many miles. Food always helps with relaxing, weed wasn't legal then LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Where I went to school, it was the norm. Still not legal there or here either.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X