Switching lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching lights

I have a ipower 4x4 tent switching from 400 watt mh to 600 watt LED WILL that be enough light to cover? Hope so.

If it's a true 600watt Led, at the wall, that should be plenty,, I would think, but there is others that can answer your questions, better than I can, good luck with your grow.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by 1KrazeAssKat View Post
      I have a ipower 4x4 tent switching from 400 watt mh to 600 watt LED WILL that be enough light to cover? Hope so.
      Is it a 600 watt "equivelant" or does it draw 600 watts from the wall? If it draws 600 watts from the wall then it will likely be plenty for a 4x4 space! If it is 600 watt "equivelant" it really depends on the particular light.

Odds are, either way, you will probably see an improvement over a 400 watt hid.

Good growing!

Comment

I would check with the manufacturer about coverage - or - read the instructions you got with it and it should tell you the coverage plus how far away should you hang your light.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Most '600W leds' use perhaps 200-300 watts from the wall. Because most of these fixtures use relatively inefficient diodes, you will need the same power density as your MH/HPS-50w/ sq ft. That means the 600w fixture will actually cover 4-6 sqft, that's a bit short of the 16 sq ft you're working with.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X