Best method for CO2 enrichment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best method for CO2 enrichment

I have made the move to set up CO2 in my garden, but of all the stuff I've read, none say exactly how to set up the perforated tubing from the regulator. First let me describe my set up. I have a 4x10x7 grow space for 8 DWC buckets with two 600w air cooled HPS lamps on light movers. My CO2 tank and regulator are positioned outside the space, and I have non-perforated tubing running into the wall from the top. The regulator is also plugged into a simple CO2 controller inside the grow room. On the other end inside the grow space, I put a tee at the end of the non-perforated tubing. I was considering making a sort of lasso with the other tubing to go around the top of the entire room but I didn't know for sure if this would provide an even flow of CO2 throughout the space.

Any suggestions??

I would think your design idea with the perforated tubing above the plants would work well for distribution as the Co2 rains down from above over the plants. Perhaps using a small fan on ground to push atmosphere lower down around more.

Comment

Comment

I think Iv found a easy way to distribute evenly, ? bubble tubing used instead of air stones,like a soaking hose for watering only smaller. Just spitballing 😎

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats what I use for my air injectors works great

I would think a fan or two blowing up would move the CO2 back up. I have a friend who has a duct built on the wall with a small inline pulling the air from the floor through the duct up to the ceiling level again. It cut his CO2 cost by 25%
        he has his tubing hanging at the height of the light over the plants.
        "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
        5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
        600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
        Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
        400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
        ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
        13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

hey dreamer,
          are you using any kind of controller and sensor? another handy thing to save gas positioned at canopy height. co2 is heavier than air so...
          in a sealed garden perforated tubing isnt really a thing because the sensor wont trip until co2 displaces enough air, kinda like perforating a garden hose when all you need to do is fill a bucket.
          if you are venting your garden, then pinpoint delivery can become important as your plants have to catch co2 as it travels through. that said, if you are venting then you want your gas delivered at the furthest point away from your venting outlet.
          i dont know how to attach a link, but here is a youtube video from Education With The Grow Boss that goes through the basics:

Venting Your Marijuana Garden Adding Co2 Fan Filters Using An AC Part C

the guy is kind of a dick but his info is zero bs, and has saved me a pile of cash and time. he will show you the concepts of tent airflow and how to use the equipment properly and efficiently.

i run an 8x8 with a simple (cheaper) titan sensor and regulator at 1500ppm and my 50 lb bottles last exactly 2 weeks each, i run empty every other wednesday like clockwork. freakish.

anyway, dude made it simple for me to understand, demos and all. helped me a lot so i figured id pass it on.

good luck!

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            What about breathing it in at all in prolonged exposure it’s pretty much what I meant.

• IGH
            IGH commented
            Editing a comment
            and im not sure what you mean with watts vs ppm effectiveness...but i just took a rip. that depends on your specific setup and needs to be calculated by the grower, right?
            i was just pointing out the most commonly used methods of delivery for different size gardens based on cost/effectiveness...

• NAKEDGARDENER
            NAKEDGARDENER commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem IGH ITS my understanding that for cO2 to be most effective your lights need to be powerful enough to make use of the gas in a concentration of at least 1400 ppm unlike the natural amount of Co2 present in atmosphere which is about 400 ppm.. also if using cO2 in an unsealed environment where you may be in close proximity is well. Dangerous to the health. That’s why I mention sealed environment, not for effectiveness.... just my thoughts.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X