Yellow leaves outer edges are green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow leaves outer edges are green

So I fed my plants last night.. Went to bed feeling good and looking forward to seeing some growth in the morning. To my horror I woke up to this! Wth! My potted plants are alright and aren't showing anything like this. Its just the ones in the ground. I fed with "Earth Juice Bloom" Anybody have any idea what I did wrong? Thanks

How much feed did you give and what was the ph of the feed ?

Are your marijuana leaves turning yellow? View the 10 most common reasons this happens (with pictures) and get the solutions!
    Last edited by NAKEDGARDENER; 09-02-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I would conclude he same. If you did fed them then the ph must be off

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess we won’t know lol

I remember another grower this spring( Paracelsus) having some major problems from using earth juice. He used it as a drench, but the product he used was supposed to be used only scratched into the soil before planting, caused some problems, they did recover though. Think the thread was: going full tilt, no till.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope Paracelsus is alright, have not seen anything from him in a long while.

I used 2 tbsp to a gallon of water. And gave them each a gallon. The plants I have in pots did fine. I have 3 plants in the ground that are pretty close to each other so the amount each one received probably wasn't as exact. Ugghhh...I'm really surprised that these plants are doing as well as they are. I have done so many things wrong. Really the only reason they have made it this far is this website. Hopefully these 3 plants recover. Its ridiculous how attached I have become to them. Lol I'm going to look into a better food for them. Thanx

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure that when you mix the feed, that you test the solutions ph before feeding it. Nutes will effect ph and usually make it more acidic. Also when feeding into ground based plants, it often pays to take your time with the water delivery, avoid pouring or dumping the water too fast but water around stem and outside area first and allow to soak for five mins then go back and do again.

A good thing to do with outdoor plants, in my opinion, is to side dress instead of giving actual nutes in there water.
      Reason being, is when it rains, it can decrease watering, and they can become under fed if it rains to much. Also, what ever nutrition you already have in the soil, can throw off your nutes, possibly giving you problems like you had. If you have some good living soil, it will neutralize the ph of most organic fertilizers that you would side dress with, and unless your water is WAY off on PH, you won't have to worry about ph to much. Bottled Nutes CAN up your ph like Nakedgardener pointed out.

Earth worm castings are a great thing to side dress with, non burning, metabolize slowly, and have lot's of beneficial microbes in them. Compost can be good, just have to be careful of what is in it. If it has lots of Nitrogen, from Manure, for instance, you should only use it early on.
      Just a little bit of bat or sea bird guano can be really great for yields once you get close to flowering.

It is possible to greatly decrease your troubles and effort, if you grow them in some good quality soil, and then just keep giving them little side dressings of compost and stuff, to replenish the soil as the microbes break it all down, and feed it to your plants.
      That's one way of doing it at least, every ones system if different though. I've been gardening that way since I was a kid, so pretty partial to it!

Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

I have never used Earth Juice Bloom so cannot advise for or against it. However I usually trust Amazon reviews, and this product is rated a 4.3. There must have been something wrong in your application of the product.
        Customer reviews
        4.3 out of 5 stars

4.3 out of 5 stars
        HydroOrganics Earth Juice Bloom, 1-Quart

HydroOrganics Earth Juice Bloom, 1-Quart

byHydroOrganics
        Size: 1 QuartChange
        Price:$9.80

Add to Cart
        Add to Wish List

Top positive review

See all 54 positive reviews
        3 people found this helpful
        5.0 out of 5 starsTHIS STUFF IS AWESOME!
        ByKristinon July 16, 2016
        I'm growing organically, and wanted to get the best fertilizer for my vegetable garden. I had a few blooms on my tomatoes, no blooms on my peppers, and I had some wildflowers I wanted to give a bloom boost too, as well as a German chamomile plant. I've used this about 4 or 5 times in the last two weeks, and everything is exploding! I'm a first time gardener this year, I'd never even had houseplants before. This stuff has made me proud of my accomplishments! Learn about NPK requirements for all of your plants! Companion plant garden instead of using harmful pesticides! Naturally amend your soil!

Last edited by starramus; 09-03-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

GreenhouseEffect commented, "Hope Paracelsus is alright, have not seen anything from him in a long while."

He hasn't posted since 4/13. I know he lived in an urban area.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure hope he’s alright. Many members drift off for months over the years. I did once. Let’s hope he’s busy with life

Whatever happened to those two Norwegians Cocho, and Black Midget? They just vanished into the ether! Maybe we should put in a missing persons report.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha man you’ve been here since the beginning too. You’ve seen just how many members come and go. That missing persons report it’s going to be houndreds long

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X