Another first indoor grower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juicyj89 View Post
    So which light are you running at the moment? Cause it looks like hps. And you said something about switching to mh for 12/12. Unless you know something I don't, you have that backwards. Just my 2 cents is all.
    No sir, I don’t know something about this set up that you don’t...obviously I started off with the HPS lamp. Somehow I got it in my head that I was supposed to be using HPS lamps for the vegetative stage. Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention. It was a detail that I overlooked. So I guess I will stick with the HPS lamp for the entire grow.
    Looks like a typical newbie indoor growing mistake!
    I know there are several things to consider when asking this question, but do you think this hurt my vegetation stage?

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh well hmm. I mean it's okay. It happens. I mean MH is just preferred for veg cause it keeps every thing tight (nodes) but I've been using HPS my whole grow only because my t5s burnt out. But my plant seems to be doing very well and I haven't noticed any considerable stretch difference. So no, it won't hurt your veg. How long do you plan on keeping it in veg? Can u post a pic of the whole plant?

Just one more thing, do you think it would be a bad move to switch the lamp to a 600w metal halide, and run that let’s say two more weeks in the vegetative stage?
    or should I just leave well enough alone?

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's up to you what you want to do. But your plant seem mature enough to keep from stressing too much so i would say you can. It will just help with stretch but really they look good already and youre only 2 weeks out from 12/12. So if it was me, I might just stay put and remember to switch for my next grow.

Appreciate your input brother. Feel like I took a little stumble there but that’s why appreciate this forum so much. And I want to personally thank Al gore for single-handedly inventing the Internet.
    It’s because of him we can all come together and discuss these things !!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrobud View Post
      Appreciate your input brother. Feel like I took a little stumble there but that’s why appreciate this forum so much. And I want to personally thank Al gore for single-handedly inventing the Internet.
      It’s because of him we can all come together and discuss these things !!
      And I found this about MH/HPS lamps on the GWE website.......
      Either one can be used for the whole grow, though most growers who choose just one opt to use HPS for the whole grow.”
      Works for me.!

Comment

Ok, running into my first real problem here....I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots, so getting a real ph reading is a little awkward. Most of The runn offf doesn’t really travel “through” the soil, but instead comes out of the sides of the pots...so, I don’t think it’s a real reading. It was 5.67 at best and 5.6 at worst.
        but the fan leaf in the close up pic would suggest a deficiency somewhere......HELP a brother out??

Comment

Originally posted by Electrobud View Post
          Ok, running into my first real problem here....I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots, so getting a real ph reading is a little awkward. Most of The runn offf doesn’t really travel “through” the soil, but instead comes out of the sides of the pots...so, I don’t think it’s a real reading. It was 5.67 at best and 5.6 at worst.
          but the fan leaf in the close up pic would suggest a deficiency somewhere......HELP a brother out??
          Could be light burn....this is the shortest of three, but the symptoms are on the uppermost leaf of this plant. Gonna dial back my wattage and see if it clears up....also, I did a thorough watering yesterday so I could get enough run off for a ph reading so it could also be a combination of these.

Comment

The downwards curl on the leaves make me think it's over watering. https://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering-cannabis
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Originally posted by Chefbjy View Post
              The downwards curl on the leaves make me think it's over watering. https://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering-cannabis
              Thank you for your input brother. I also think I’m under feeding to. I downloaded the Foxfarm nutrient chart printed it out and stuck it in one of the windows of my tent.
              I was still in the cautious mode with the nutrients while they were seedlings, instead of upping the food when they got bigger. I’m still going by the FoxFarm guidelines .
              Yesterday I also only fed one of the three with the FF recommendation as a precautionary measure, just in case I messed up. Didn’t want to kill all three at one time LOL

Comment

One other thing I should mention...maybe it can help someone else some day.
                Im using 5 gal fabric pots..... which I’ve never used before on any plant . What I’ve noticed is they dry a lot quicker obviously... and putting the first knuckle into the soil does not really work out in my opinion . However picking the plants up to see if they’re ready for water seems to be the way to go with these fabric pots.
                Everything is looking pretty good today after feeding the one plant with big bloom and grow big.

Comment

Hey guys. So I have come to the conclusion that my problem is my ph levels. I’m thinking that my iron uptake is diminishing because of a ph of 5.50
                  i have ph up/down coming in any day now, but as an emergency measure I’ve gotten some ph water at 8.8
                  After adding my nutes, I’ve managed to get a reading of 5.90 which is a hella lot closer than the 5.50 I was watering with. I’m not ready to water again just yet, but will be in a day or two. Here’s the pics I took.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X