Genetic Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic Lesson Learned

Way back in early June I started two plants in 7 gallon geopots with handles - that size ya gotta have handles - my friend wanted one for the summer so I said I'd start him one. Did two just to make sure I had one to give him. So then he says he's going to Morocco for July - no problem, I'll have one for ya going when you get back.

Around the same time I read something that NebulaHaze had posted about new genetics in autoflowers. I said - hmmmmm - just started two. A new one by Dutch Passion - Colorado Cookies - a strain made from an auto blueberry and girl scout cookies. This one I wanted for myself if both grew. The other was a seed I've had over 18 months or more - Delicious Seeds made - Delicious Candy. Last seed from a 5 pack I've grown .

They both came up well and took over 10 days just to spread their roots in these big pots. Then after about 30 days is about when the first pic was taken and the Cookies is spitting up pistils. I'm saying wait - grow a bit bigger before your preflowers begin. Nope - no stopping them now. Wasn't planning any topping on either plant.

The Delicious Candy did what I wanted her to do - she grew up to 20 inches before I handed her over to my friend. I also pruned the necessary fan leaves as she did grow up and had a beautifully shaped plant for him. One main cola and 8 branches climbing up to a couple of inches of the main cola. Could have topped this one - but he wanted to see how they grow au naturel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_094743.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	243041
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

The Colorado Cookies is on the left - Candy on the right.

So the lesson I'm trying to pass along is - if you have autoflowers that are newer strains, get your topping and training done within the first four weeks of growing.

This is what the Colorado Cookies looks like today - her trichomes are just starting to cloud over - so I'd say another 10 - 15 days or so,
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      There is a very narrow window for topping autos, especially if you transplant before flower.

I grow all seeds in coco/perlite (1 gallon fabric) and by day #14-#18 they are ready to top/transplant to final container.

I top at the 5th node, as the plant is considered mature enough to start the flower stretch at the 6th node- a 3-4 day window in my experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_105606.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	243045Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_105646.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	243046Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_105620.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	243047Click image for larger version

Name:	20180830_105633.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	243048
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Bloody fantastic mate, surprises are always the best but you know your stuff, nice.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Dayum man. That’s some serious main cola you got going on there. looking fantastic my friends

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X