Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cbd strains. Growers and users. Cannabis oil

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS.

I am researching aspects of growing my own cbd strains for making my own medicinals and edibles, not for smoking. I would love to hear from any of you who use cbd specifically for pain management, alleviation of stress or anxiety and or PTSD ADHD and so on.

If you grow your own mj plants to make topical lotions or tinctures. How easy are they to make and do you use a specific method or recipe of your own etc.
    I plan on spending a long time researching and including myself as a personal test as I try different methods of application from digestion to application. Do topical cbd ointments actually do anything or are they more a placebo?

If you have extensive experience and knowledge of this subject please comment or contact me....Particularly if you actually manufacture cbd medicines for use in pharmacies and dispensaries.

I welcome all comments from you and hope to glean more insight from you.

Great topic NG - personally I have recently grown 'Super Lemon Haze' - autoflower grown au natural with just some defoliating. Grew to 24 inches and yielded 70 grams. THC - CBD is 1 -1 with a range of 5 - 8%. So plan to follow Nebula's recipe for cannabutter and make peanut butter cookies. Will use for pain control for my wife, but probably just have a snack before bed to help with sleep. I'll post pics of my buds in a bit Found a good way to grow the phattest bud I've ever grown - consistently fat every time.
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Canuck147. Thank you.
      I’m also interested in cbd usage for pets, I know my local pharmacy sells dog edibles and can be us d for dogs with high anxiety or hypertension etc. I am actually considering growing 12 super lemon haze next year.. Any pics you grab will be very much appreciated.

For readers information I have a right femural injury and a crushed pelvis, I had the femur pinned together,it was shattered in 7 places, the titanium pin is around a foot and a half long and was inserted at the hip, drilled into bone in three places, I often suffer sleepless nights and suffer extreme muscles cramps and pressure points when laying on any side for long periods. When I wake at night I injest a high cbd tincture which in around ten to 15 mins alleviates the muscle tension and helps me slip off into a sound sleep again. When waking I have no residual effects at all from using it and only if I smoke in the morning of thc then naturally due to my love of Indica dominant strains, I get to feeling couchy.. Sativas make me hyper and can often heighten my own PTSD and anxiety depending on when the plant was harvested in its Trichome development.
      Last edited by NAKEDGARDENER; 08-29-2018, 03:36 PM.

Hey NG, I'm growing my first CBD heavy strain right now. It's a Nirvana Critical CBD photoperiod in mid-flower. It's a new Nirvana strain with almost no online presence so far. It's listed as 1:1 and that's it. Nirvana does not list their THC and CBD % but they are great breeders. Not sure what we're doing with the weed yet but we're growing it for chronic pain and we'll definitely smoke some. I have a simple and safe oil recipe using coconut oil and a crock pot slow cooker that we may try. I'll know more in a few months but I'm interested in what others have to say on the topic. Nice post!
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheesh. Thank you for your input, and in particular your current grow aimed at cbd. I’d be interested in what a cbd dominant strain would be like as a smoke, I’m sure the thc will keep some psychoactive effects, I am trying to cater to those who do not smoke cannabis at all and actually don’t like to, whether it’s the high or the taste or whatever, but they want to use cbd without any psychoactive effect....I would be very interested in your method with coconut oil and a crock pot also and hope to hear from you later.. perhaps as you go along with your grow and then preparation, you might private message me and I will be glad to explain what this research is going to be a part of... thank you again....

Peace.

• Sheesh
      Sheesh commented
      Editing a comment
      We do smoke and enjoy the THC side too but we are looking for pain relief with minor psychoactive effects, which the Critical CBD claims to provide. Get some pain relief without being baked for things like driving and conversations that require at least half a brain, lol

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheesh. Yes I do the same, I work long hours sometimes and often use a ww or a flo to keep a slight high but it keeps me focused or “in the zone “. Love a nice uppy high with smiles and giggles almost akin to pseudobulbar affect, fits of giggles for no good reason....however, I swear like a trooper anyway and get away with torrets too lol

Nebula CBD from Nirvana. Great strain. I did a write up on this board on it. Let me see if I can find it.

Comment

NAKEDGARDENER I’m currently growing an Oregon bred strain that’s CBD rich AC/DCxOTTO2
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      furrysparkle Very nice bro, I am making or should I say adding to my top 5 for over winter. Am expanding grow area from tent to a room so lots of space available around each plant which will each have its own light. Do you have a journal for this grow you mention?

I bumped the nebula CBD write up to the top because I couldnt get the link to copy.
    Last edited by Redwasp; 08-29-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, thanks Redwasp. Will be reading that now.

Reprinting Redwasp review here.. (hope that’s ok)

Ok well have been using the Nebula CBD for the last few days at night. She is one of the strongest smelling bud Ive seen in a very long time. It is like a cross between lemony and an old school diesel. At first i didnt care for the smell but as she cures the smell is becoming very pleasing. As far as taste she is slowly getting better tasting. Which is good because I usually grow for flavor and she starts out tasting like old School (think early 80s late 70s Jamican) but she leaves you with a not bad but oddly strange flavor. I cant even describe it. Closest thing I can think of is it tastes like you made some sour dough bread with cannabutter. Even Nirvana seeds just describes it as the most unique flavor. They never say good. They say unique.

Now the important part. This is a low thc high cbd strain. When you smoke her you definitely feel much better. Euphoric, warm, body kind of numb, if you smoke enough it almost feels like you got a shot of whatever they give you prior to surgury, if you know what I mean. But there is almost zero head high at all. The more you smoke the more clear your head is as a matter of fact. If you have already smoked some other before hand you can actually smoke your self "head sober." The best thing about it though is that it wont knock you out and and make you go to sleep. But once you lay down and close your eyes you are out fast. And i slept 3 days in a row now from 10pm till 6am. For me that is unheard of. I am usually up by 130 am and dont even bother trying to go back to sleep. So 3 nights in a row i have not even had to get up to use the bathroom. Its been years since that has happened.

So to sum it up dont get it for the flavor. If you are a recreational smoker skip right on over this strain. If you are in pain, have anxiety, paranoia, ptsd, and especially cant sleep it is definitely worth a try.

Redwasp Thank you for this, I reposted it here to add to the library.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing how I missed this strain, I think I should try it first after your review which is very specific toward my original point and request, great change over thank you Sir, will definitely be picking your brains on this some more

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I've been having issues today making things work or I would have put it here. And feel free to ask away. I'm not the fastest typist but am always willing to help.

I definitely like some CBD with my THC, so I make tinctures that contain a variety of strains, and if they are low CBD strains, I infuse some CBD slab into the tincture (slab from CBDistillery). I have grown CBD strains, but frankly, I'd rather just add the CBD slab to tincture. That way I get to grow more high THC strains, and since my space is limited, I have to think carefully about what to grow for the next four months' supply.

Mini thread: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...4316-using-cbd

You may want to get the Nova Decarboxylator: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ylator-machine

I. TINCTURES: USE COMPLETELY DRY cannabis.

1. Decarb bud: don't grind it; try to mess with the buds as little as possible all the way through this process. I use the Ardent Nova to decarb my bud and preserve all the terpenes.

2. Put the decarbed bud and the everclear separately in the freezer. When it's nice and cold, you're ready to combine them. I put the bud in a mason jar and cover with 190 proof everclear. The more bud you put in, the stronger the tincture will be; I don't cram the bud into the jar, but I'd say I put around 15-25 grams in. You don't want a weak ass tincture, so make sure it's good quality and the right quantity of bud. I just cover the buds with the everclear; in other words, the buds should be completely submerged.

3. Since you're making tincture, you can leave the bud in there for a good long time (as opposed to making concentrates, where you don't want the chlorophyl). I want whatever cannabis will infuse into the alcohol. Store in freezer and shake once or twice a day.

3. You can either strain out the bud or leave it in and just strain the tincture you're going to use immediately. I've used tincture after 7-8 days and sometimes I've let the solution sit for longer. I put the tincture in 2 oz amber dropper bottles and keep it all in the freezer.

4. Titration: start with a low dose and work your way up to the amount that works for you. I take my tincture very early in the morning so that the strongest part of the high has worn down by the time I have to go to work; then I'm relaxed for hours afterward. The intense high lasts for 2-2.5 hours, and I find it to be the best high for me--way better than vaping. I like its intensity and how long it lasts. You'll find the high you like by starting low--say 15 drops--and working your way up.

5. I put the drops in a square tablespoon and add a little juice so the everclear doesn't burn. I hold it under my tongue for about a minute and then swallow.

6. Keep tincture out of light and heat; store in freezer. I label mine, because I usually have more than one tincture in the freezer...

DROPPER MEASUREMENTS:
    A one-ounce bottle holds approximately 29.5 ml, 7.4 teaspoons, 30 droppersful, and approx. 900 drops.

One ml = 25-30 drops for alcohol and 20 drops for oil-based tinctures.
    Dropperful = aprox. 20 drops (1/2 full)
    4 ml—1 teaspoon
    1 dropperful—1 ml—1/4 teaspoon

CANNABIS OIL

I got a Source Extractor for making oils and concentrates. It is an awesome machine. I use KorLor420's silk rosin bags for the buds: they do an excellent job of keeping all plant material out of the infusion. http://www.korlor420.com/original-si...-closure-flap/

Here is the Source in action: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-concentration

MAKING CONCENTRATE
    1. DECARBOXYLATION: If you decarb beforehand, the only form your concentrate will take is a sap form. In other words, you can't make shatter.
    2. Make sure cannabis is completely dry, but over-dry bud is no good.
    3. Freeze buds and EC separately overnight.
    4. Handling buds: The vast majority of the THC, CBD, terpenes, etc., is on the outside surface of the plant so there’s no reason to break up the cannabis too much; never grind it. If the Everclear can easily flow over and around all the material that’s what’s important.
    5. To get something smooth, fragrant, and nicely vapable, a quick washwill restrict the chlorophyll and wax residue from leaking into the solution.
    6. I place the cannabis inside of rosin bags or a nut milk hemp bag in the alcohol and gently agitate throughout the day. I get a beautiful yellow tincture this way, and I give the bud a 2nd wash.
    7. Freezing combined cannabis and EC to prevent plant matter from infusing: Fats, lipids and chlorophyll are undesirable for concentrates intended for smoking. Therefore, to craft a pure yellow concentrate, the undesirable plant components must be neutralized by freezing and the alcohol must be super-cooled to keep them frozen during the wash. In simple terms, when the plant material is frozen and the ethanol temperature is below freezing, the ethanol and undesirable materials are unable to latch onto each other and the undesirables stay with the plant matter when the freezing ethanol is strained away, ideally leaving only terpenes and cannabinoids in the wash.
    8. Infusion time: If using a rosin bag, agitate gently the day. 20 mins if doing a quick wash, no rosin bag.
    9. Better starting material can handle more agitation than poor starting material.
    10. Filtering/Straining:How throughly the solution is strained determines how much particle residue remains in the final product. For smoking in vape pens or doing dabs, thorough and repeated filtering is required and makes the finest product. Strive for a well-filtered, crystal clear, light golden color with no trace of a green hue.
    11. When using rosin bag, suspend it and allow the liquid to drip; do not squeeze.
    12. With the plant matter removed we move to a more filtering to remove all the small particles from the ethanol. It’s very important to understand that the better you filter, the better your final product will be. A few coffee filters can be used, but for best results a proper filter like the Buchner funnel and flask in the photo would be best. Repeat the filtering until you have a crystal clear ethanol solution.
    13. Final stage of purge:Stay close to the machine in the final stage; the change happens quickly. As the last of the alcohol is being boiled off, you will hear a crackling sound from the oil and you will see rapid bubbling.
    14. Terpenes: 1 drop per gram
    15. Use MCT to liquify oil: cleanest and safest liquidizer.

Winterizing or removing impurities from concentrate:
    A concentrate made with alcohol may contain other non-cannabinoid ingredients such as waxes, fats and lipid. To get rid of these impurities, re-dissolve the concentrate in EC and freeze for 48 hours. The impurities will start to coagulate and will clump togetherand then you can use an unbleached coffee filter or a fine steel-mesh screen to strain your concentrate.
    After filtering you will evaporate off at a very, very low temperature the excess ethanol and be left with a clean concentrate.

Concentrated Tincture: I also love the Source Extractor because I can remove more alcohol from my tinctures, resulting in a more concentrated tincture.
    1. Repeat steps above to prepare the infusion.
    2. After 24 hrs freeze of decarb bud and EC, put rosin bag in alcohol, shake vigorously for two minutes and replace in freezer, laying horizontal.
    3. Agitate 4 or 5 more times over the course of a day, then open up and suspend bag across mouth of jar with thin metal skewer and let bag drip dry.
    4. Result will be a clear yellow liquid.
    5. Use Source to reduce volume by half (3.5-4 oz. tincture) and reclaim the Everclear.
    6. The trichome husks settle out of solution on the bottom and give me no problem as I pipette off into dropper bottle.
    7. Three factors make this very clean, longer wash possible:
      1. First, the material, while broken up thoroughly by hand suffered only minor cell wall disruptionkeeping the undesirables well contained.
      2. Second, through the entire wash cycle of each run everything was kept frozenand not allowed the chance to warm or vary in temperature.
      3. Third, the alcohol and plant material were separated quickly, and never squeezed or pressed.
    Last edited by alltatup; 08-30-2018, 05:19 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup. Brilliant mate thank you, There is a minefield of fabulous info there, I can’t wait to start up on this and you know I am going to be spending the rest of my day reading all the information you provided carefully... Thank you for going to all that trouble to write it up for us... If I may message you sometime regarding specifics or questions, that would be very helpful.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Sheesh All CBD that anyone can buy online is from hemp because it barely has any THC in it--not enough to make a cockroach high. The link you put: that's the slab I buy, I infuse it in Everclear 190 to keep it indefinitely, or I put the slab right into tincture to infuse it directly. But if you infuse it in alcohol, it has no expiration.

NAKEDGARDENER Glad to help, mate!! Just contact me any time: I LOVE making tincture and concentrates: it's the most fun I've ever had. After growing cannabis, harvesting cannabis, curing it and vapeing it.

• Sheesh
      Sheesh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks atu!

I find some of these guys videos interesting, anyone seen their videos before?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I watch these guys, and learn so much!!!
      For educational purposes only.Visit http://www.strainhunters.comand http://www.greenhouseseeds.nlStrain Hunters are people that can't sit still for too long....

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Freakin AWESOMEEEEE 💕

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      NAKEDGARDENER Strain Hunters have like 5 or 6 full-length shows on utube. I learned so freakin much watching the show on India. I want to make charas from raw cannabis straight off the stalk, until my hands are black with resin. How amazing that they use cannabis in a way that seems to go against so much "cannabis orthdoxy." But I saw it as an incredibly spiritual process and a labor of love--yet another level of deep, deep intimacy in our relationship to cannabis. What they were doing was truly worshipping the goddess cannabis.

I want to make charas!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X