Enough Light For My Tent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough Light For My Tent.

I have a 32x32x63 grow tent and i have 2 300w Galaxy Hydro LED grow lights. Q should i use 1 light or 2 i'm doing 1 northern light auto plant for now.

That light looks almost identical to my lights, anyways my area is a bit larger than your tent and I am growing 2 NL auto's they got tall and bushy and had to redesign the bench in mid-grow or they would have hit the lights at 60" tall before I super cropped them.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      How old is the plant right now, or haven’t you started yet.

Guideline is 35-50 true watts per sq foot. I'm guessing the 300w Galaxy lights draw 180w or so at the wall. 360 true watts is just about max lighting for your space. Make sure you check the minimum distance between those LEDs and the canopy. You need the pot, the plant and the light distance to come in at 5'. You may need to LST, scog or super crop to keep plant height down. 5' high is doable but tight if the strain stretches a lot.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Thanks Sheesh will do...

Comment

Hi, i've got a 1.2mx1.2mx2m tent, and a Budmaster 4 LED lightsource.
        i find that the Budmaster is slightly too small for my tent, recommended is 80x80x200cm apparently, roughly the same dimensions as your tent.

i've got 4 plants in there atm, but one has been in since late Jan and is big.
        big but slow to mature, and i suspect its either light limited or by the size of my RDWC buckets.

that said, as she grows taller i've seen the biggest plant undergo light burn from growing too close to the light (had to bring the tallest branches/colas down with plant ties.
        the other 3 are about 20 cm shorter and are almost ready for harvest.

I've had to raise my light to near top of the tent to accomodate the ladies, but i suppose if your plants are smallish still, the extra light would benefit them while in vegetative state.

as Sheesh said, you'll want to keep them shortish by LST if wanting to use both lights.
        GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
        2x CDMH 315W lights
        870m3/hr fan
        8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkee2017 View Post
          I have a 32x32x63 grow tent and i have 2 300w Galaxy Hydro LED grow lights. Q should i use 1 light or 2 i'm doing 1 northern light auto plant for now.
          Here's a picture of my 2 northen light autos at 10 weeks, my grow area is 44" wide x 26" deep by 78" tall. My light reqiures a minimum of 24" - 40" in flower stage. The picture shows the 2 plants at about 52" and that is after 2 subsequent supercroppings on the same main branches. Your lights look to be a bit more powerful at 130 watts vs 105 watts for mine.

Sour60 autos.
          3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
          26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
          2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X