Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I wrecked my plants?

Hi guys,

Just started week three of flower. This is my first time mainlining. Followed the guides on this site cutting at the 3rd etc. I used tomato rings to create the structure, I have an even canopy.....However I'm starting to think I may have cut off far to many stems at the start of flower. I made sure not to touch any of the bud sites/white hairs where each fan leaf was before defoliating.

I'm growing 8 Skywalker OG Kush
    Day temperature 26
    Night temperature 20
    Humidity 47%
    2x 1000hps
    PH 6.2 - In soil

My environment is pretty much perfect and at this point when I've not used mainlining technique I would have 10x the bud sites.

Hopefully someone can put my mind to rest and reassure me that those white hairs on the stems are eventually going to turn into juicy buds but i just cant see it myself !

Thanks everyone!

Ya it looks like you lollipopped a little too much... usually 1/3 of the way up is all you do.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• vxrgtr
      vxrgtr commented
      Editing a comment
      How much do you think I've affected my yield? Gutted!

Yeah but don’t worry too much. Those look like they’re going to be nice colas. Only practicing one learns to train

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      And yes it’s a female and those are going to be buds

• vxrgtr
      vxrgtr commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully the 8 plants produce me 64 nice colas! Still though, gutted!

Hi vx, Nice job of mainlining, but I agree with Qwerty: you trimmed too much and lost a lot of potential bud on your colas. I've done that, too. Live and learn.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Errors are the best way to learn. On a plus, those buds should be niiiice!

• vxrgtr
      vxrgtr commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, I'm devastated! Hopefully the 8 colas on each plant are real nice! I'll not make that mistake again!

Yeah especially with such high power lights, I have to agree you trimmed a bit much of your plant, next time when you’re defoliating think about the light penetration. Light can get used even after its been through five sets of leaves
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• vxrgtr
      vxrgtr commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully my yield isn't seriously effected! thanks for the advice about light penetration. First time mainlining, I was unsure where to stop cutting. Normally I would just top once and let the girls get on with it.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I usually do, is top and get six colas. (I have limited space.)

I have found that topping once then after the two mainstems really start to grow above the rest to just tie them down at a gentle bend outward so the other shoots underneath can catch up.

Comment

I wouldn't worry to much, your still gonna have some nice buds, maybe not as much, but still plenty.
      You will know better next grow, that's how you learn !!
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• vxrgtr
        vxrgtr commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, thats it all a learning curve. Hopefully i yield what I normally would from this grow, then the next reap the rewards of a correctly grown mainline!

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it's yield your after, you ought to just bend them over 90degrees, when they are young ,and you will have a hellava harvest.
        GoodLuck
        It don't even stress em, when you bend them over.

• vxrgtr
        vxrgtr commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have any examples bro?

Obviously i would love quality bud as well. Everything I read and researched on mainlining suggested I could be looking to a max 40% increase in yield. I was thinking about trying something like the picture I have attached. I think it similar to the bending at 90 degrees you recommend.

Comment

• vxrgtr
        vxrgtr commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like a total nightmare!

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I got pics in my computer. I’ll show you tomorrow if you’re interested

• vxrgtr
        vxrgtr commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah definitely 9 fingers that would be excellent!

vxrgtr ,yeah this is an auto that was bent over 90degrees when she was about 15days old,
      Some people call it a spiral, but it don't slow em down none, when you bend them over, like it does with a manifold ,imo.
      Nebula has got plenty of tutorials showing you how to do it on GWE, You sure get plenty of colas though.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful pic, DAAS!!!

Alright everyone!

Harvested my girls, trimmed and all cured now.

46 oz!

Not bad, I will be posting a full grow journal for another 8 I will be setting away, we will see how many oz extra/if any without as much trimming on the next grow!

Happy smoking!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I've maxed out so far at around 7 or 8 oz. on my best harvest, but I know I can do better!!!!! ;-}

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t even have a scale so I don’t know how much I harvest but it’s usually two or three full jars. But I do remember how it was like to receive dispensary grade pounds vacuum sealed, and to imagine having 3 for myself it’s just bonkers. You gonna need food grade 5gal buckets to cure it

• vxrgtr
        vxrgtr commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive got the buds rocking in 5 gal buckets bro its so purple, outrageous, stinkyyyy and peng! I set the girls away on a 8 week veg, and 9 week flower, 10 days drying. Only going to veg 6 weeks this time around, they got so huge i hand to bend branches all over the place, slightly out of hand!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X