Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of camera do you guys use to photograpaph your plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of camera do you guys use to photograpaph your plants?

For example what was used to take those incredible trophy pics in today's newsletter? I would like to take some photos of my own. Thanks everybody.

I have one of these for using to look at pistols and trichomes, mostly I use the camera on this iPad for general pics.

Comment

Originally posted by NAKEDGARDENER View Post
      I have one of these for using to look at pistols and trichomes, mostly I use the camera on this iPad for general pics.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ARU9XTG9WELO3
      Thanks man. How does that work for you? Do you get a good view of the trichomes?

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        My plants are not that far along as yet but yes very very much so, and you can cast it to any smart device, capture it and save to share etc, gets up so close you can see right through em when they’re clear and really helps to see the color changing to milky so easier to gauge percentage in harvest window.

• Sheesh
        Sheesh commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you use your zOrb, right on the plant or do you cut a piece of bud and check it on a table? I have the same scope and it gets some amazing shots but I could never steady it well enough to get photos or videos of the live buds on the plants.

I use my iphone and I edit the image afterward. I can zoom in and change the light: that's real good for bringing plants out of the shadows.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I use my IPhone and just upload
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

For general photos, I think phones have pretty darned good cameras now-a-days. For close examination of leaves, buds, trichs, bugs or fungus, I use a Nikon Coolpix L810 but any camera with a good zoom macro function should work well. Look at the specs for closest shooting distance in macro mode. This one is about 1.5 inches I think. An older Coolpix I've hung onto has a minimum distance of only 0.4 inch but has lower resolution. For examining trichs I shoot at about 2-3 inches (turn fans off) then zoom and crop on laptop with free IRFanView software. I like that I can casually scroll around the photos looking at different parts of a bud while sitting in my comfy recliner.
          FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
          Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
          Flower 600w HPS
          alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
          1st grow White Widow
          Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

Awesome! Thanks everybody!

Comment

I have a Canon Powershot (A1100IS); I use IrfanView on my desktop for any editing. For detail/closeup pics I have a purpose-made magnifier (T-H-See) that I hold in front of the camera lens..occasionally it takes a lot of fiddling to get the two to play nice but it works decent enough. My cellphone takes comparable photos--and seems to work slightly better with the magnifier--but I tend to reserve that for taking pics when I'm going to the grow shop for advice. I also have a lighted endoscopic camera attachment for my phone but the software is flaky so I don't use it much.
              ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Only using an iPhone for plant photos and I use the same as nakedgardener for trichomes - zOrb. Below are photos of trichomes from last year's grow. I cut the leaves off and used the zOrb on a steady surface. The whole plant photos are this year's grow using an iPhone. I used to take photos right before lights on with a flash. But, I just started shutting off the grow light and using a light made for sewing and close detailed work. The plant photos below are from last week using the sewing light. The lighting seems better than using a flash.
                4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X