The tale of two plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tale of two plants

I find it amazing how one plant can come from the same genetic back ground but have such a vast amount of variations.

Here are are pics from my two seeds under LED in my small tent. The small one is one of Seedsmans new seeds and the other is a Nirvana freebie from the 4/20 sale. Both grown with the same nutes in coco.

What a diference

Are they both the same age? If so then wow.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Kevingm1987
      Kevingm1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      Planted same day. Both on day 8 of flower after 3 weeks of veg

You sure there both photos? What name is the freebe?
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Well there goes my theory Lol. Have you smoked cream & cheese before? Just curious because of the higher CBD%. Good luck with the rest of your grow, looking good so far.

• Kevingm1987
      Kevingm1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope haven’t smoked cream and cheese before or any pot in a while. Wife works for a certain public department that doesn’t allow you to smoke pot but living in Canada Oct 17 is approaching very fast. I have a few heavy CBD low THC plants but wanted to try a high CBD high THC plant.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      I would follow a journal of the cream and cheese - if you were inclined. I am interested in that strain - should make an excellent oil infusion

What do you mean, "same genetic background"? You are growing two distinct chemovars, not the same strain...???
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Genotype is the word your looking for. Chemovar or more popular, "chemotype" can be the same even when genotype or phenotype are the same or different. Its a characteristics that is not directly related to genetics.

• Kevingm1987
      Kevingm1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just mean it in a way that there both cannabis plants. Just thinking about the apples we grow or the tomatoes we grow. Plants or trees look very similar and grow at a similar pace but produce different style and tasting fruits. These 2 plants, 2 different strains for sure, are just so different it’s just a little weird to look at. I knew from the start they would be two different styles of plants and expected subtle differences but not this much of difference. The cream and cheese didn’t even grow fast enough to top. The nirvana got topped once then will get super cropped

Genetics is a fascinating subject, which can get quite complicated. You can have genetic clones which can be vastly different due to gene expression, which can be influenced by both genotype and phenotype expressions. When sexual reproduction occurs and you take seeds, none of those seeds are the same. Even when self reprodution occurs, recombination prevents any off spring from being the same as their parents or siblings. Its natures way of preventing as much as possible the issues of sexual reproduction. Such as inbreeding.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

This season I grew 3 blue og fro G13 labs. Got 3 different bad varieties. One started to flower early June. It went 12 weeks started to mold so I took it. I had large, long and very dense buds. This type of plant can"t be grown here do to climate mold issues. This is not what was described pictured in catalog. The next is gonna be ready in about 2 more weeks if I can keep it from molding. It is similar to the early one but buds less dense with larger calyx. The third is in second week maybe ready in Nov. This one looks as advertised with smaller buds spaced out along the stems. These were all planted outdoors on same day. I tested first plant and it is crap. I could have done better with brick seeds. I will never buy from G13 again. What crap!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X