Slow Grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Grow?

Happy to be here amongst ya'll. Look's like I'm diving into this headfirst. Just bought my first seeds ever. Not to say I've never grown, just with bagseeds. Speaking of which, I've got 2 going rite now in a 3'x 2" tent. First grow tent also. I was told they came from an Indica strain, who knows but it was very, very good. They are growing at a snails pace, 35 days and only 3" tall on #1 and even smaller on #2. GrowSet-up- 1 Viparspectra V450 at 24" height on veg mode only, 3'x2' mylar lined tent, small fan blowing from outside the tent into a lower 4"x 10" mesh side vent for just enough movement, temp is fairly constant at 78 degrees fahrenheit, and humidity around 40%. I started in Foxfarm Happy Frog in a dixie cup and just transplanted to the Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil into a Vivoson fabric 2 gall pot yesterday,(34 days). . Nothing added but water. I've always grown outside and have never seen plants move this slow. I've ordered 2 Viparspectra V600's in hopes that the lights are the issue. I know they're better led's but price was rite. Any advice is welcome. Pic is with flashlight.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	35 days.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	240287

You may have left them in a small container for too long, we're they root bound when you transplanted?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t give em too much light too early, I’d be going with the 400 w lamp for a bit and just keep going then when they are a bit bigger throw in the 600 w and watch em veg, you could after a few weeks consider using a root guard, actually start now with something like Hydroguard, a Baccilus culture and can be used all way through plant growth for healthy roots. Then consider adding a nutrient trio that works well with ffof (I use it too and think it’s great.). Ph usually isn’t a problem but it’s always worthwhile knowing what ph your water is before you add it or add anything to it. Just a few thoughts and I hope it’s of use.

The root ball was very nominal. I was thinking of the V600"s at a greater height, 30"? Vs the v450 at 24". I'm not so sure the Viparspectras are a bit less in watts than they state. Still a bad idea? Please chime in.
    I get the rootguard idea as roots seemed small. How long should I wait on the ffof? Thanks for helping an old redneck out

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the size of your tent that will be an issue with a lot of high powered light, there is only so much any plant can use before it gets too burned or over stressed, looking at your space you need to think about how much onelight gives say in lux or lumens, a young plant needs around 40k lumens for veg and up to 100k is safe but if that level is too close then it will still cause issues such as possible nutrient lock or burn, a 1000 w light is enough to fill a 4 x 4 78 tent, but I’m using 1200 w for flowering, I’d say that the 600 w will be enough until you either go larger in tent size to use all,those lights or experiment as you say with the 600w and 400 w which I think would be great for flowering.

You might be over watering.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry I had forgotten about that what with the lights he is thinking of using in a small area

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed with kingfish, you should be letting your plants dry out in between watering.

When watering, I gave them a shot glass,(1/4 cup),a day when they were in dixie cups, up to the transplant yesterday. After transplant yesterday I watered pretty good for the new 2 gall fabric pots. Enough that about 20% drained thru and out. Nothing since.

Comment

They were far from rootbound, just the opposite, small. I'm taking your advice on the lighting NAKEDGARDENER and I'll wait. I'm gonna try gh root start since I just transplanted yesterday.
      Last edited by redneck1; 08-23-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I started the GH RapidStart yesterday, Sat the 25th. First watering since the transplant on the 22nd. Looking into nutes now. I'm thinking either the General Hydroponics GLCMBX0003 Floragro, Florabloom, Floramicro Fertilizer Set or Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula - Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. Any suggestions?

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using the ff Nute trio you mention but due to using ffof soil am only adding them in very small amounts per gallon, usually I use just a quarter teaspoon of tiger and grow big and a half teaspoon of the veg Nute, but transition now to just bloom Nute next week with continued use of th hydroguard, and the fox farm grow big. Don’t use anything that is inorganic so watch out for general hydroponics nutes which I think are used in hydro most,y and not soil, but others can give better info on that than me.

Thanks for the intel on the lights and the nutes nakedgardner

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m no expert that’s for sure, just trying to expand my own learning curve also, with the help of all the mass experience from the guys here on Gwe. Sometimes get it totally wrong, but this is how we learn, and if I give bad advice no one points it out they give a more accurate and experienced point.. we are all blessed here with a fantastic online community.. glad to be of service.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X