Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much can I let the temperature differ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much can I let the temperature differ ?

Hello GWE!
    I have had some trouble with high temperatures witch resulted in warm water and root rot.

I now have the windows open and the temperature differs between 22-27 in the tents. I know white widow is a forgiving plant.... but is this up and down of temperatures ok?
    during light of it can get as cold as 19 °

As long as it’s not colder than 12 and no hotter than 30 the plant will survive. It’s not going to grow efficiently during peak temps but it will be ok

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thanks !
      I'll keep that in mind , it's nice that they will survive l. But I want them to produce well also ,)

those temps shouldn’t be a major issue . Get some
    Mycorrhizae and more air in your water and that will solve your rot issue I don’t even check my water temp anymore . Health roots don’t rot so provide them with good bacteria mycorrhizae and a bunch of air in the water and you won’t have to worry about water temp . My water gets into the mid 80s all the time and I haven’t had any issues since I made these exact same changes . Can I ask what the gph/lph your air pump is and if your using anything like orca or hydroguard? Also how big is your res . Here are some photos of what your res air flow should look like and the results it gives . If your res has good bacteria and mycorrhizae rot will be unable to exist.
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, Duck, that's amazing to me--temps in the mid 80s!! What do you use for air in water???

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed with DWD. Using beneficial micros like Hydroguard, I've never had issues in the past 3 years and my temps will routinely get into the 80's.

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a gh airpump I think it’s like 720 gph I’ll have to doubt check it might be 1700gph but it is much bigger then the 240gph pump I was using when I had my root issues

Originally posted by DankwingDuck View Post
    those temps shouldn’t be a major issue . Get some
    Mycorrhizae and more air in your water and that will solve your rot issue I don’t even check my water temp anymore . Health roots don’t rot so provide them with good bacteria mycorrhizae and a bunch of air in the water and you won’t have to worry about water temp . My water gets into the mid 80s all the time and I haven’t had any issues since I made these exact same changes . Can I ask what the gph/lph your air pump is and if your using anything like orca or hydroguard? Also how big is your res . Here are some photos of what your res air flow should look like and the results it gives . If your res has good bacteria and mycorrhizae rot will be unable to exist.
    DankwingDuck ! You helped me when I first detected the rot, thanks for that.
    My reservoir is 300 L / 100 Gallons.
    I have 3 oxygen pumps that pumps 8100 L/H in total.

I haven't been able to find any hydroguard or mycorrhizae, some things are hard to get where I live if you're not an certified farmer...

After cleaning the roots and the reservoir , seald all light holes and kept the temperature under 24°C my plants have started to thrive. New roots are growing and the plants looks better and better.

I really need to find some hydroguard and mycorrhizae, seems like it would make it all alot easier!!

Comment

• DankwingDuck
      DankwingDuck commented
      Editing a comment
      The oxygen is the most important thing and you got that covered it seems . What are your border customs like . It’s likely you can order on eBay and have to shipped in if it will make it past customs inspection. I don’t know what the regulations are in your country

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't looked in to the regulations but will check on Ebay. Problem it that it will probably take a while .

I will have to finish this grow without them two and with the temperature difference to keep the water cool.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X