Deficiency or light burn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deficiency or light burn?

Hello all! New to the site and currently working on my first grow using LEDs. I’ve run in to a problem where I am having a tough time deciding if I have a deficiency or if I am running in to light burn. I had the pH at 6.4 for 1 1/2 weeks so I originally thought it was a zinc lockout. I have since dropped the pH to 5.7-5.9. Regarding the lights, the manufacturer claims 18” for the sweet spot but I have been keeping it at 19-20”.

Please see the attached photos and let me know what you think! Thank you!

What wattage are your LEDs just out of curiosity? It does look like light stress to me, are you growing in soil?

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Firstly what size area and what wattage lights are you using? If you are growing in soil, what soil is it and what is the ph of your water going in and coming out after run off? If a good soil ph shouldn’t be a problem bless you e been changing it a lot and depending on what you use to change the ph can effect your soil etc, but I think you should raise your lamps say to three feet or more for a bit.

Running hydro in a 3x3x6 tent and I have three 300 watt led panels (135 watt draw each).

Thank you both for the input, I’ll adjust lights and monitor pH to see how she progresses.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep those lights are too much for the size of tent your using, if they’re that close, you may want to consider taking one out if you can’t get them at least three feet from your canopy for a bit. If your in soil you want to be at a ph level between 6 and 7no more than 7 in run off, good luck. I’m sure you know this already but sometimes it helps to have a reminder.

Thank you for the help!

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Yw and good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X