Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T5 lighting question.

DrPhoton

First time using a T5 flourescent. It’s an 8 bulb fixture. I am transitioning my plants now to their 12/12 and feeding small amounts every other feed with Hydroguard, ff nutes in balance with the veg and bloom for transition on first two weeks.
    I guess my question I am pondering is, should I pop in say two bloom bulbs so having 6 veg bulbs and two bloom then gradually introduce the red bulbs over the next week let’s say until all 8 are bloom bulbs, or should I just switch all the veg bulbs with the bloom bulbs right away?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Switch them from veg to bloom all at the same time a week after start of 12/12 👍
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that juicy, think I will try the introduction of 50/50 for a week then switch all to full bloom.

Hey there naked. I use fluorescent bulbs too and I think the best way to go is 50/50. Red is supposed to signal flowering but blue puts out more light and makes the nodes grow tight

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I just have two red bulbs in and was gonna go with four red and four blue at end of this week. Do you also use a finisher bulb? I was going to buy 8 of them too but not sure I would need all of em during last couple of weeks of flower.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      NAKEDGARDENER, sounds like a good plan, having a couple of reds in there want hurt a thing, and might actually be good.
      Then in a couple of weeks, go all red. I use a finishing bulb in my 315cmh,the last couple of weeks, but I ain't no scientist ,so I honestly can't tell you if they help or not, but just looking at my buds, they sure have more trichs on them now, than they used too, and are a hellava lot more sticky and sticky.
      Good Luck with your garden.

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      @D.A.A.S.69
      Yes I think you’re right too, it’s so hard to make the decision when to go all red, but I think you and our friends above have helped me establish a plan on this switch. I do know that I will be using a couple of uv lamps toward end of grow along with finisher bulbs to see how those trichs grow.. can’t wait to be posting microscope pics hehehe.. glad to hear that you are having such success also, wtg bro... thank you for your well wishes with the garden...

Hey yeah that sounds like a good plan too. As far as i was saying, continuing use of the veg lights for a week into 12/12 WILL keep the nodes as tight as possible but still be flowering. And since there's no actual bud formation yet, the flower lights won't really serve a huge purpose other than making them stretch. Since really they only "promote" flowering and help fatten your buds up. Just some info from personal experience. But happy growing.
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

I wouldn't go 50/50. I'll go directly to flowering. When I change to 12/12 I go directly from T5 to 1000w HPS.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
        NAKEDGARDENER commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeh kingfish, I was gonna throw in my cmh lamps both are ready but my exhaust fan has given up on me and I am struggling with temp and humidity slight fluctuations even under the T5 so new system for intake and exhaust coming by end of week then I can start with the cmh lights.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X