Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you start when setting up a grow room..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you start when setting up a grow room..

is there a check list or something i can go by idk if ima use any tents and if i do ill make em out of heavy duty cardboard..

i have an mh 150 and set cfl/fluorescent but i plan on getting an 1000 watt hps to be my main flowering light and use the rest together as my veg lights or all together and just keep one room for veg and flower and a small grow box for clones.. im not sure what i want to grow in like hydro dwc or coco or what im probably go with some kind of super soil / coco i want to try both of those in 3-4 gallon fabric pots or my milk crate lined with weed fabric..

What max size of grow area will you be using in square feet? Consider if building a space, ventilation, light penetration , especially if making your own space with cardboard or ply board, you will need heavy duty aluminum foil or Mylar sheeting which I recommend, it’s easier to lay out and can staple it to board to prevent moisture and damp building up in cardboard or wood. Area of space is important not only for your plants but also for light coverage, depending on how much square foot of grow area will drive your lighting needs.

Comment

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      the room is about 10x10 or bigger not sure of height i think its 8 ft ill have to take measurements to be sure im thinking of setting up in the middle and work my way out if ima use the entire room without tent/growbox.. so id put my best light center of of the room and add my other bs lights around it...

i do have a shit load of bamboo i could use instead of pvc and about 200 yard or feet of metal wire i could use to tie the bamboo together to make a frame..

ima look into how much mylar costs and line the walls or the box with it. that or the white plastic stuff depending whats more affordable for me.. i was eating a bag of chips while high the other night and i was like dude i could save these chip bags and eventually have enough to tape together like a Mylar quilt lol..

the room is not air conditioned so ima prob have to get a window unit..

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought a hisense 1200 btw portable ac unit which is a great unit reconditioned for less than $230, it sits in the same room as the tent I use and keeps humidity down as well as temps for air flow into the tent is always cooler , the good thing about a portable is that you simply run the ducting supplied to the vent port out of the window and is very stealthy and discreet, plus can be placed anywhere in the space. Might be a bit expensive but worth it in the long run, the units brand new are around 400 I bought reconditioned figuring it had been thoroughly checked and anything that needed replacing was replaced.

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      i was thinking of getting a window unit around hundred bucks or a used bigger one and cut to fit it into a wall of the room i plan on using since the windows have bars on them..

Pvc pipe 1" frame wrapped in mylar works great it's pretty cheap and very light weight ..plywood and cardboard these days are sprayed with a chemical I know people still use these materials but they use a 1" styrofoam with a reflection covering over top ...or just make one out of the reflective styrofoam 2" and it's stands on it's own pretty good depends on the height of your grow room or box..but the nakedgardener pretty well got you going on the right direction.note the reflective styrofoam does get a bit pricey.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I like 1/2 foam board white one side, foil the other. $10-12 and real rigid. Very little deflection from fans and exhaust. You can literally just tape it in place if you want....use a quality tape though.

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah i seen some of these on youtube

White plastic coragated sheets (Home Depot) 4’by 8’ $12.00 each 1/4” thick and easy to cut to size with a razor knife.

Comment

Thxs potted that's what i forgot?? Duh.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X