moon phases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moon phases

does some one on this forum grow by the moon phases?

nope..... i keep throwing my wife's Farmer's Almanac on the burn pile.

Comment

Yes.
      A group of us just started 2 strains on a full moon August 11th.

Dark Harvest Grow Challenge.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

I use a biodynamic calendar in my grow . Your plant is filled with water and the moon has an effect on that water just as it does with the tides . It is a good reference when growing even if you don’t follow it 100% .
        DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          No that’s not what I was saying . I was just saying that the moon has effect on all water and that also means plants .

• desertdan
          desertdan commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the moon might have a delayed affect on all water as is does on tides.

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a good possibility. I am not really an expert . But I do know when the biodynamic calendar says 4 root days and after those days I see a huge growth of roots and same for leaf and flower . I know I can make decisions based on that calender because it has show to be fairly reliable. Imho

The suggested reasoning for lunar involvement with plants, describes the force on physical mass, such as fluid or sap movement. But the reasoning used, is likely from the misunderstanding of how tidal force actually works. And as a whole, a limitation on basic physics.

Tidal forces are the combinational effects of the moon, earth and sun all together. But the earths gravity superimposes most of the force as a whole. Looking at the moon alone, the effects we see from tidal shifts are a result from the large surface area it covers and the combinational effects from water through cohesion. Its overall force per unit of area is so insignficant that it becomes extremely difficult to quantify. This is why you see no tide effects in lakes or small bodies of enclosed water. If the moons gravity cannot significantly effect, say a glass of water. Then there would be no real effect with fluids in plants or soil.

The lunar involvement with plants is an unscientific theory which has not been scientifically proven.

Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand what your saying dan I was just saying that when I follow the biodynamic calendar it tends to be fairly on point .

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man, nothing personal Just providing the information.

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh also i wasnt directing anything towards you, but towards the topic on lunar growing. Sorry if you thought i was doing so.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X