Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use measuring spoons to measure nutrients when making my reservoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use measuring spoons to measure nutrients when making my reservoir?

Hello,

The General Hydroponics nutrient schedule is such a blessing for a beginning grower like myself.

Can I use measuring spoons to measure nutrients when making my reservoir when using hydroponics to grow weed?

yes you can.

Comment

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a long drinking straw like a pipette with my thumb over it to fill up the small measuring spoons.

I prefer blunt tip syringes but to each his own
    "Be an artist of consciousness, your picture of reality is your most important creation, make it powerfully profoundly beautiful" Alex Grey

Current grows in flower 🌺
    5 Star Killer 1 Terp-n-Pine "manifolds", four 7 gallon, two 5 gallon fabric, super soil, water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea (started modified nute program beneficial waterings/amendments (no bottles) at week 3
    600 actual watts, 12 gen7 vero 29 cobs, 70 watts deep red/far red (emerson effect)

2 GOO & 2 Island Sweet Skunk, 5 gallon fabric, super soil
    Water, molasses, occasional tea or root organics HPK tea
    400 actual watts, LED build

Canna nutrients line with boost - dwc, Terpinator - dwc
    ​​​​​​botanicare calmag plus and GH silica, pH up/down

Super soil - mixed myself
    13.5x14 grow room divided, 13.5x6 flower 6" can fan pro max/can-lite carbon filter, 13.5x8 veg/work room passive intake

Comment

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur but had to repurpose my only syringe to dose my dogs with tick medicine, I buy the extra-large dog vials and split it between my 2 smaller dogs - saves me $50.

With the cheaper syringe I have, I had to use a file and mark the division lines before they washed off. I have some more gooder ones on order.

• RosettaStoned
      RosettaStoned commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had the same issue with them washing off. I feel by then it's time to replace them anyway. And cheers to saving some scratch!

I have a large blunt-tip syringe for nutes and a mess of smaller 1ml eyedroppers (those tend to work better when measuring amounts less than 5ml); to avoid cross-contamination I labeled some of the eyedroppers specifically for PH+, PH-, calmag, etc.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

They sell plastic pipettes at 3ml and 5ml at the grow shop for 15¢ where I am. I just buy a slew of them and rinse with tap then distilled water when reapplying other nutes to my solution. I also have reused distillate syringes from the rec stores for 1ml and.5ml doses 😉. They have shot glasses with marks for measuring medium size solution or 25-50 ml syringes for bigger solutions/res at the grow shop too. Or you can use this conversion table...

- 0.5 ml = 1/8 teaspoon -- 1 ml = 1/4 teaspoon -- 2 ml = 1/2 teaspoon -- 5 ml = 1 teaspoon -- 15 ml = 1 tablespoon -- 25 ml = 2 tablespoons -- 50 ml = 2 fluid ounces = 1/4 cup -- 75 ml = 3 fluid ounces = 1/3 cup -- 125 ml = 4 fluid ounces = 1/2 cup -- 150 ml = 5 fluid ounces = 2/3 cup -- 175 ml = 6 fluid ounces = 3/4 cup -- 250 ml = 8 fluid ounces = 1 cup -- 500 ml = 1 pint = 2 cups -- 1 liter = 1 quart = 2 pints = 4 cups
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Measuring spoons are all I ever use. In fact, I only use 1, the 1/2 tsp one. Seems to work well for me!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Syringe 10mg.with a 6” plastic tube attached 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X