Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTube Reviews, What would you want reviewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
    Great stuff.. i wound up with over 5000w of lighting in my first grow as well as pumps, bulbs, air pumps, co2 controls, fans tools, buckets, books, rolls of tubing 1/4",1/2", bulkhead fittings, stringers, drills...well I am sure you know. My first and only trusted source was right here on GWE. Despite the expense of a first time startup, my greatest unknown was electrical cost. My bill is a whopper t o start with so who knew where I’d wind up with this electrical draw.

last week.... I found something that looks like a regular digital timer BUT it is a meter that your extension cord plug into and you can program your kW cost into the device and every time your stuff is running, it calculates a ton of data costs for your upcoming bill, I think it does it daily, weekly, monthly, annually or ?

since it came yesterday and I have not had any time to do anything with it, I think this could be a value to some people trying to fine tune the cost of the great work we do here. It is ETL listed and called “kill-a-watt”
    again, I know very very little about it but the concept seems good to me and may be of interest to others
    Thank you very much! I want to get into lights etc, I need to invest in a PAR meter and such when I can afford one! I like feedback from everyone and welcome it! GWE is an amazing website for information. I started here myself! I started with CFL lights that didn't last long at all! IMO CFL's are a waste because you will eventually go for a larger set up if you enjoy it! I have a wattage reader, its good to see what the actual wattage draw is. I run approx $50/mo CAD on my electrical.

I found out a while back, I had a timer for the growlight garden I had on a review on, purchased from my local dollar store, I had smelt a nice electrical smell. I am glad I smelled it when I did, otherwise the house would have burned. I will now only buy good ones.... I don't want to come across that again!

I should do a review on the wattage reader. It would be a good for everyone how to calculate their cost. At least a simple basis on "how to" even to get an estimate prior to buying!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      It adds up far too fast! If only power was free! I mean you could go the solar panels, but they take a long time to pay off I "think".
      We run at $0.106 per kW/hr I believe. If you don't mind me asking, where abouts do you live? (State/province) If not I get it. Those fees power companies are absolutely insane!

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, it ain’t the Tennessee River Valley where electricity is amazingly low. But remember, we pay fees for carbon footprint, transmission line, delivery fees, generation fees, taxes and other taxes. Im paying a similiar rate but if I have to pay all the extras, I’m building them into the cost per kWh so that’s why it looks higher

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes sense. I know we get taxed and all to heck as well. Its unfortunate!

"I started with CFL lights that didn't last long at all!" just fine for clones and seedlings. My baby monster luxuriates under CFLs during the night, but is illuminated by good ole Sol during the day in my sunroom. This monster was tough going as I took the clone in the 9th week of flowering. Will be under my CMH if,and when my autos arrive. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	271064

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus I had meant the entire grow! Veg/Flower included. I unfortunately cannot put them in a window for free light or I would. Seedlings and clones they have been proven to work time and time again.... I mean they will work the entire grow.... but the amount I spent on building my own fixture with cfl lights (15 cfl bulbs, 3- 5 way splitters, electrical wire, sockets, aluminum ducting used as a reflector, tape, marrets etc) I think I spend approx $120ish. I would have definitely been better being put into a full on light lol. Plus it ran a lot of power for the amount of lights I had. I still use the fixture for young plants in Veg. And it is about 4-4.5ft in length.

I could have went the cheaper way with a few extension cords, plug in sockets and such, but there is a lot of wasted light IMO. Either way, I dropped the 600$ on two nice lights, and an additional blurple. I am a lot happier with these!

I have wanted to try monster cropping. Let me know how it goes!

Starramus, give me some clone advice for the 8-9th week of flower.... I neglected to think of this during veg but I have one that is worth the attempt.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      pick a flexible branch and clip it put into clonex until ready to process when ready cut end at 45 degree angle and scrap the outside tissue on the bottom off stem dip into clonex gell the stick it in a root riot should have roots in 10 days it will go back into veg on its own

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Terrific....thank you

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      It's quite a pain that late in flowering. You have to keep pinching off any buds. I used a cloner, which made it much easier, but only this one of four survived. Better take more than one.

Nebula's excellent instructions. https://www.growweedeasy.com/monster...nabis-tutorial
      Last edited by starramus; 11-30-2018, 06:24 AM.

Give it a shot. You don't have anything to lose.

If you don't have any luck with the rapid rooters try one of these cloning machines. I have always had success with it. Better to take them earlier than 8 or 9 weeks, but good luck.

Comment

Great, I’ve read a bunch including Nebula’s cloning and monster cropping guide. And YES, I did not think about cloning when I should have. However, these 2 blueberry kush are so solid, 1 1/4" and maybe more thickness at the base of the stalk, tall, (that’s my fault) but solid and strong, lush, and the colas now are 12" long and have the diameter of a soda can. Worth trying in my book. I take the good luck and get back to you 😉
      Last edited by Farmall; 11-30-2018, 12:53 AM.

Comment

So I have been bombarded with bad news after bad news (Wife was T-Boned, she had to declare bankruptcy etc) lol. then some good news.... We are now expecting!

I am now back on par. with "life". Today I have been working on a website that is solely for reviews. There is no bias, I am not selling anything still as planned.

The changes to my goal have changed slightly, I will no longer be posting videos on any products available that do not hit my 8/10 score as a minimum. This will clear up time for me. (Filming/Editing take FOREVER!) While still allowing for reviews to be written. I am still focusing on "gardening", however I have teamed up with a friend who intends on doing reviews on cannabis accessories.

I will be buying a domain name soon when funds clear up a little. It's not a web page for conversation, but solely to inform people of "great / mediocre / bad quality items" Perhaps considered "educational"?

I have provided a link if anyone would like to take a read.

There will still be giveaways on some products I review If you do win, I do not want you to let me know you are from GWE. Simply a person who stumbled upon the website; to enjoy the product (This will not be done through GWE, but an external source)

Youtube videos will still be posted, they will have a link directly to the episode they pertain to. (Only if they are 8/10 or higher)

If you would like to help review products, I would like the assistance with things you have. The biggest thing is being "honest". I would gladly create a section for other reviewers

Anyways just a quick update. I am not looking to "steal" people from these forums. I just want everyone to be educated prior to purchasing any products online without first hand knowledge!

Thoughts?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Qwertywill I get a failure message when I tried to check it out congrats on the baby

Sorry for all the last of your 2K18 woes, hopefully 2k18 is done with you and yours

CONGRATULATIONS
        a little qwertybaby running around 😁

Comment

Originally posted by LurkingInTheGrass View Post
          Sorry for all the last of your 2K18 woes, hopefully 2k18 is done with you and yours

CONGRATULATIONS
          a little qwertybaby running around 😁
          Rough end year, but ahhhh a little me! the world is doomed!!

Comment

Would you be willing to review flower and soil nutrient tabs?

Comment

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              @dimebagkilla

I have been intrigued by nirvanas tabs. I have looked at them multiple times. Almost ordered them on more than one occasion!

In order to test these, I will need to have at minimum 4 plants all in the same environment (Same tent).

All plants will need to be trained and treated the same way. This is doable.

Right now funds are a little tight, my wife will be getting her 25 plant grow license soon.... So even more doable then!

Ill contact nirvana and see if they will ship the required amount for 2 plants (other 2 will be nutrient fed).

If they dont, I will need to wait a bit longer for funds to become available. (Currently invested in creating a website! )

• Qwertywill
              Qwertywill commented
              Editing a comment
              Email was sent to Nirvana.

• DimeBagKilla
              DimeBagKilla commented
              Editing a comment
              Qwertywill awesome! I think this will be an interesting one. Also a potential time saver if anything and certainly more cost effective than the biobizz line I run.

Can someone that has a few minutes of free time scroll up 3-4 posts click on the website link and view it as a skeptic? Just make sure all the links work etc? Nothing Major, also any suggestions would be great as well!

Comment

Just wanted to extend the offer to GWE as well!

HGR is giving away a Shatterizer (Concentrate pen) for celebration of the new url. (Link in my signature).

No purchase needed, luck of the random number generator!

The one condition is: You are not to inform me your from GWE. Simple.

(I don't want to needlessly spam the forums with my link, so if you know anyone who is not in this thread feel free to inform them. though it is not required)

Goodluck!

Comment

6 pack giveaways soon!

Shatterizer is going to be awarded in a week or so from now. (If you havnt subscribed, this is a nice concentrate pen approx $80 value!)

Next giveaway is some nirvana packs. Top prize is a 5 pack of nirvana fem mix seeds (#1 is Canada only due to legal reasons, but you can win some of the other packs! Which include a weed grater card, nirvana papers etc)

If you register on my website you have an ongoing chance to win, I will not spam you, although soon I will be sending an update email! But you can still win... if you come from gwe, do not tell me your from gwe.

Your email is there solely to contact you! Also your chance to win. It is all through a random number generator! Must be of legal age however. Other than name and email nothing is held onto nor will be reported !

Wanted to let you all know this! Feel free to have a look at my current reviews!

Comment

A little update about the 5 prize lots:
                Mars Hydro is sending me some shirts, I have a local artist doing up some cannabis inspired artwork and I am in talks with a large company who deals with garden equipment and smoking tools, fingers crossed this will become much larger!

If anyone has issues on the site getting entered let me know!

Comment

• Qwertywill
                  Qwertywill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just received bovedas contribution to the giveaway today! I am super jealous of the "butler" I will be giving away! Oh how do I want to open it, but wont because someone else will!

Message has been moved to my grow journal oops I am stoned.

Comment

Good News,

Baby was born on 08/08/19! Life is becoming a huge adjustment, along with a move!
                  I will be going to the Montreal Cannabis Expo this year (Thanks to a provider of products that offered to take me!)

I am working on getting back into full force!

I am doing a giveaway now on instagram (honestgardeningreviews) 5 lots, I will let people enter here as well! Just shoot me an email at : Honestgardeningreviews@gmail.com I will try to post asap for the pictures of prize lots. (Ends at the end of Sept)

Prizes include:
                  5 Pack Fem seeds (Canada only due to border issues)
                  Mars Hydro shirts
                  Boveda Butler and RH packs
                  Hats
                  among other things!

DO NOT tell me your from GWE, I offer all users on any media platform to email me, so do not think I am taking down names! The only emails that will be held onto is the winners until they confirm the package was received, then deleted. I will not sell or give away your personal information!

I am currently running a nutrient VS. Right now I have nutriplus and technaflora in DWC with a CGE Max 300 led grow light that started a few days ago. I will post pictures when I can about them. I want to continue having a championship going until I get through all nutrients! I am currently working on a math formula to evaluate all nutrients, including final yield / price worked into it to give me a % value. I am excited about this.

I will be doing a conference call with a provider (Wholesale - does not sell to the public) looking at new ideas to review, so lots to come!

GWE Rocks!

I still wish to provide informative reviews on all products to help new and old growers determine products that would best fit "their" growing! I still wish to be honest. I fully intend to post reviews even if it negatively highlights the product and insure companies carry the highest quality they can! I wish to help the consumer.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X