Harvest timing question for newbs 1st grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest timing question for newbs 1st grow

Can anyone tell from this pic if I am close enough to harvesting that I need to start flushing out nutrients? Everything I've read about it says to start flushing about a week before ready to harvest. My problem is I have no idea what strain I am growing because I just used a couple of random seeds. Any and all advice I've gotten from everyone is greatly appreciated.

Do you have a microscope or a jewelers loupe you can use to look up close at the Trichome development, the small clear Trichome will turn a slight milky color as they get further into their development, if you can see them up close you can judge when to crop when the majority you can see are slightly milky and no longer clear, this is when I harvest when about 60% of the visible Trichome are no longer clear.

Comment

From looking at you picture, I believe you have another month. All the pestils are still white and sticking straight up, Don't make the mistake a lot of rookies make and harvest too soon.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i concur haha

To soon, check trichomes under loupe for ripeness😃

Comment

Yes I do have a loupe. What I am wanting to know is how I can tell I need to take plant off nutrients and run straight water in reservoir? I've read to do this a week before harvest.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
          NAKEDGARDENER commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok let the pistils turn more amber, that in combination with Trichome growth and maturing will help you to decide when to stop feeding the plants for their last week, as one commenter said, about 3 more weeks

I'm not sure what you're growing in. I grow in soil and I don't flush. I simply give them only water the last week or two before harvest.

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
          NAKEDGARDENER commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like he’s growing hydro since he mentions a resovoir

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't see that NG. Never mind then.

You have a ways to go. But beautiful plant.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty picture, you got at least a month ,or longer,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X