Tds - ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tds - ez

I just got in the mail my new tds meter. It has 2 year warranty and it says its factory calibrated but I'm not that confident about it. It cost me 25 usd shipping included. What do you guys think?. Have you used this model?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	23598

I have that same pen. Works great. Owned for almost a year now with no issues.

Comment

Another question I should probably already know the answer. I know ppm means parts per million when testing water, but what exactly is testing for? I know that the higher the number the less pure the water is. I just don't know what chemical or contaminent is being tested.

Comment

Also referred to as TDS (total dissolved solids) or EC (electrical conductivity). It's simply a measurement of any additives in your water. It doesn't decipher what type so it's just used to determine the strength of a solution.

When measuring the ppm, the main thing you're measuring is the NPK. The ppm of your water and additives like Hydroguard, amino/fulvic/humic acids, carbohydrates, vitamins, enzymes, etc don't contribute to nute burn.

Comment

Like most other tools I own, this one is best used to allow you to make some educated decisions on adjusting nutrient strength. I wondered the same thing when I got my pen and decided that a calibration solution wasn't that important for TDS. pH meters definitely need to calibrated regularly so get some standard pH solutions to test against.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

thanks for the helpful answers to my question.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X