Heavy colas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy colas

My colas on my taller NL auto are getting to heavy and dropping all over the place, I have tried using garden wire but they’re all over the place, is this a must fix or are they okay

Droopy colas. That is the kind of problem I can deal with. From what I can see in your picture, they're fine.

Comment

They still seem fine to me.

Comment

Plants look great! Bamboo stakes will help stand it up. You don't want your buds leaning against your tent - that only induces mold.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy rizcuny, What You need are some of the plant support yo-yos. I have had the same problem where some of the buds get too large (if that is really a problem!! lol) and the stem is not large enough to support the weight. I had one that actually broke the stem (thank goodness for duct tape!)! The yo-yos are inexpensive (on line for less than $2 a piece) and have 'pulled my Buds out of the fire' many times.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

i use some diy yoyos, you just take a piece of thread or stamen and "open or unfold" a paper clip, tie them together and boom, secure your colas to the top of your tent

Comment

rizcuny , Northern Lights have huge colas, on most plants. And I mean huge.
              Just do whatever you have to ,to keep them separately from other colas, or else you are asking for problems.
              Yo-yos, or bamboo sticks, will do fine.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Stakeum with whatever u got,cut up tomatoe cages work well if your on the cheep.😎

Comment

This is what I use. They are awesome!! G-LEAF Plant Yoyo Hangers for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HKDYPG?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
                  Perpetual harvest
                  Sealed Room
                  Full hydro
                  Ebb and Flow
                  Hydroton Media
                  600w HPS
                  GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

Tomato cages and maybe even a ScrOg screen above and around the colas so you can tie them from above, some users in California when growing huge plants will use chicken wire wrapped loosely around the plant to provide a cage support

Comment

I just need a easy cheap quick fix as they only have a week left in the tent!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                        9fingerleafs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        string and a paper clip

@riz, yep I love ‘McGyvering also , GL

Comment

Disaster

Comment

• IslandColas
                          IslandColas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As long as they’re not broken you could still tie them up and allow them to finish. The yo-yos I posted work great and are reusable but a simple string tied to a rubber band will give you the same elastic pull upward.

UPDATE: Using a mixture of garden wire and 2 pairs of broken ear phones I have managed to sort the problem. I took an inch of garden wire and wrapped it around the top of each drooping cola, I then attached any small branches that came off of that cola to the main cola. Then took parts of ear phone wires and tied a knot around the loops at the top of the drooping cola and attached the ear phone wire to parts of my tent at the top to hold up the colas!! Mad diy fix!! Before and after pics below!

Comment

• rizcuny
                          rizcuny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Any predictions of dry weight?

• IslandColas
                          IslandColas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Have you pinched any lower colas? Do you know how dense she is?

• IslandColas
                          IslandColas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’d say 3-4oz without knowing anything else other than the photo and using background for scales

That’s what I was thinking, hopefully they will fatten up a bit more though as I was hoping for 5ish when I started the grow. And what do you mean by have I pinched any lower colas? And the density is pretty good actually as far as I know

Comment

• IslandColas
                          IslandColas commented
                          Editing a comment
                          To get an idea on density I will usually lightly pinch a lower bud to see how dense it is. I choose the lower ones because they’re less valuable so it doesn’t matter if you handle them slightly as well as the fact that the lower buds are usually the fluffiest so if you’ve got good density low, you should have great density at the top...

• rizcuny
                          rizcuny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lower canopy has almost no buds, lots of bud sites but no buds have really formed just extremely airy pistils and veg but I’ve got CFL’s

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X