Help experience eye required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help experience eye required

Hi need some help please I’m a total noob first time grow using 600hps dual spectrum my plants are on day 15 since breaking soil just need a experienced eye to check are they doing ok? The one in the top right in the pic seems to have large leaves which are slightly curling upwards ?

Some more pics northern lights and Sensi cheese strains auto flowers

Comment

Get some photos with the lights off but use your flash. You'll get more replies that way, plus most issues are identified by leaf color so it's tough to tell under most lights. Welcome buddy

upwards curling could be heat stress or root issues but it's tough to tell. Try ang get a few closeups of any plants that are particularly worrisome too.

what are your conditions? pH? Have you found the tutorials on gwe yet? Priceless...

Just getting started or want to improve your knowledge? This link guide helps you navigate through both beginner-friendly and ultra-advanced growing marijuana tutorials!
      Instagram: @farmerjim420
      What is VPD?
      diygrowdata.com

Completed:
      #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
      Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
      In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
      In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
      • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
      • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
      • #diyrdwc
      • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Thanks for replying farmerjim, I will be taking some better photos later tonight. ph is ok temp fluctuates between 30-35 slightly colder in the night slightly higher through the day. On a 18-6 light schedule. They seem ok so far just the one in the top right. The top 2 are in 20 litre fabric pots with canna medium soil the rest are in 10 litre pots transplanted from 7 litre now in John Innes soil mixed with perlite. I water when ever the soil gets dry

Comment

• farmerjim
          farmerjim commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyway to get your temps down? High 80/90s seems a bit high and could be causing the cupping. Try and control ambient temps a bit and I'm sure we'll get some soil pros in here soon. Did you post this in the sick plants forum or regular? (Tough to rell on my phone)

From what can be gleaned from the photo they are looking good. But a better photo will deliver much more info.

Comment

Overwatering? Checkout the pic that talks about being planted in muddy soil...

Learn about the various things that cause cannabis leaf curling or clawing, and get the solutions!
          Instagram: @farmerjim420
          What is VPD?
          diygrowdata.com

Completed:
          #1 Nirvana Super Skunk - 49/49 - DWC - 64g (1 plant)
          Completed: #2 Nirvana Lemon OG Haze - RDWC - 460g (3 plants)
          In progress: #3 DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE! (Group Thread)!
          In progress: #3 Dark Harvest Grow Challenge - farmerjim (thread)

Current Setup:
          • Scrog Tent: HydroFarm Phantom cMH reflector & ballast - Phillips MasterColor 3100/4200k
          • Mainline Tent: HydroFarm Phantom Dual 315 cMH
          • #diyrdwc
          • GH Flora Trio, CalMag, Hydroguard, ArmorSi, Diamond Nectar

Comment

Thanks for replying really appreciate the help, I’m struggling with controlling the temp at the moment might stick in another fan see if that helps. I will take some better pics after work tonight. Watered them today just water ph 6.5 as much as I can remember will get home and check again. Just worried at the cupping one it’s leafs are quite fat not like the rest and is slightly darker green then the rest.

The excitement the worry all the issues loving it at the moment (not the worry or issues) just hope I get a few grams to toak away lol

Comment

Checking on them frequently is ok you could better track issues when you run Into any but giving them way to much love could start causing you unwanted problem some times it's better to give them the space they need and give them what they need when they want it just stands for a great relationship.as for your post you got two solid people looking after you.the farmjim and starrums.

Comment

Like others say it would be easier to help with natural light photos. I don't use HID lighting but most growers use Metal Halide (MH) for veg. The plants need more blue light in veg and then flip to HPS which gives them the red for flowering. GL!
                4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Your autos look fine for 15 days old.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I noticed you have a lot in that small space and I think perhaps for their size the pots might be too large and they are not getting enough oxygen from the water. Are you allowing over run? If so on these small ones I don’t think you should be looking to overrun when watering, others might disagree.

Comment

Here we go hopefully some better pics

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
                        NAKEDGARDENER commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep much better pics and looking good

• PaganRich
                        PaganRich commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tones Your girls look fine mate. Had issues with heat. In veg the heat can rise in my veg tent to 26 with high humidity but that`s okay though I use only a 400MH. Where I really struggle is under 600HID`s. Temps are usually around 28C on average which is 3C more than I`d like.The way I found around it was a HID height of 20" and fans blowing across area between canopy and lights as well as around pots. Oscillating fans are better I believe than static as it facilitates oxygen/ CO2 exchange better.The only suggestion I would make is that when you pot up you alter you soil mix to 2/3 light mix compost like Biobizz and 1/3 perlite. Your soil looks `heavy` to me and with those type of pots you can get drainage issues compared to say smart pots/ fabric pots. air pots...You`re doing really well though and you should feel well happy with your achievements so far, mate. As they say; everythings looking rosey in the garden. Stay mellow
                        Last edited by PaganRich; 08-22-2018, 12:34 PM.

they look just fine good luck in your grow!!
                      4'x 6' x 8' room
                      2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
                      sunshine mix #4
                      mega crop nutes
                      current grow
                      cd-1
                      jack herer
                      afghan kush
                      green doctor

Comment

Thanks camk do some leafs normally turn dark green?

Comment

• Canuck147
                          Canuck147 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dark green is real good.
                          And just let them grow.
                          Last edited by Canuck147; 08-12-2018, 08:20 PM.

Thanks nakedgardener should I leave them to it my anxiety is killing me don’t want them to die

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
                          NAKEDGARDENER commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeh keep going, i can understand your anxiety, sometimes it’s really hard to stop thinking about them , i hope to see more of them in say a week or two

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X