Day 4 zero change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Day 4 zero change

My 1st seed germination taking place here! I did the cup of water for 15 hours then Into a paper towel, the seed bank I bought from tells me to do it like that, so this is day 4 in paper towel and it hasn't even began to crack open yet, I know it's always 24°c or higher in the room it's in and I'm using purified bottled water. Should I wait another couple days or is it done? And is it ok to gently peak in the paper towel twice a day?

Last edited by Jeezusjuiicee; 08-08-2018, 05:56 AM.

The peaking won’t hurt it unless you’re not gentle. Don’t expose it to light that can cause a failed germination. You can give it a couple more days but I’d say you got a dud. Try another seed. Try putting the paper towel in a plastic bag then in the drawer or somewhere dark and warm. A cupboard above the stove works nice. Good luck!
    Perpetual harvest
    Sealed Room
    Full hydro
    Ebb and Flow
    Hydroton Media
    600w HPS
    GH Nutrients

Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Rozay SOG 9 plant 4x4:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...icture-journal

Comment

• IslandColas
      IslandColas commented
      Editing a comment
      Try check it in the dark/lowlight as much as possible. Purchase from one of the seed banks published on Growweedeasy.com they are dependable. Then only use proven germination techniques

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      You can check it briefly in the light. For all my germination i use a heat mat under it. I also use plastic bags to bring the heat up, as soon as it sprouts I pull it out of the baggie and into damp soil. (Veggies and other things).

It can take a while sometimes.

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I bought the seeds before doing any research but I'm overflowing with knowledge know! Haha I definitely will order from one of the banks on grow weed easy next time. And that's good to hear about the baggies that's how I would have done it anyway! I transferred the paper towel into a baggie in my bathroom drawer thanks so much guys I very much appreciate!

Good morning JJ, I do the same method, put seeds in a glass of tap water over night and make sure they have all sunk to the bottom of the glass. Then put in moist paper towel, I put the towel in a old CD case to keep from drying out, then place on top of a warm heating pad. My last batch took 3 days to germinate the batch before that took about 10 days, so don't give up on it yet. I check mine a couple times a day until done.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to hear dude so yea everyone but this seed bank covers the seeds then lmao! I just put mine in a baggie like I would have normally done. Thanks so much for your help

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      If worst case the seeds dont germinate, contact the seed bank. Talk to them, they may reissue your order. Who knows could have been a bad batch!

• Jeezusjuiicee
      Jeezusjuiicee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea it's just 1/5 and they say there's an 80% germination rate on these seeds, is that good? Lol so yea I'll wait and see how the next ones go!

How many are you looking to grow? If its only one, stay the way your going, if more I would just germ another. Are they feminized or reg?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

They are feminized! And yea just one at a time until I get a real grow tent

Comment

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Worst case, keep one in veg! Then when your main ones ready, toss the other in flower ! May be a pain, but hell one right after the other!

• Jeezusjuiicee
        Jeezusjuiicee commented
        Editing a comment
        Your a genius dude! Haha I might do that if the old and new seed I just started both decide to pop!

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Im just thinking worst case.... saves the money on seeds, and saves time on grow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X