Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these lights adequate?

Hello good day and night to whom it may pertain,
    got my plants growing outside and gotta move them inside would like to to know if these bulbs(or how Many). If they do then height recomendations would be nice as well as how Many plants i can grow.
    Thank you for your Time

Comment

Give it try with 2 plants, no more than 6 inches distance as seedlings and 2 inches as they get bigger. If one looks great kill the other and go with one.

Comment

Smokesteve mmmm so i mean i have had 2 of those Bulbs on a seedling at around 12 inches it had burn killed the seedling.i was thinking around 36 inches.

Comment

Rule of thumb for how much? 40w/ sq ft will work-I'd use the 3k lamps. For most of my indoor grows, a single plant uses 3-4 sq ft of area so I'd plan on 3-4 of those bulbs/plant. Oh, and remove the diffuser cover on the lamp.
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Antonio92
            Antonio92 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok so does the whole 40w bright as 300w not apply? Not alot of bulb choices I'll look around More. Ya wasn't sure about the covers good heads up thanks.

• gbauto
            gbauto commented
            Editing a comment
            Use the actual power consumption, not the 'same as' rating which is complete nonsense. The 3k bulb has a decent efficiency, that's why I'd use it over your other choice.

• Antonio92
            Antonio92 commented
            Editing a comment
            gbauto ok thanks for the information.

Update Made a rack 4 bulbs on. 6x3 grid plants are about 5' away will see how they progress today

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio92 View Post
            Update Made a rack 4 bulbs on. 6x3 grid plants are about 5' away will see how they progress today
            If those dimensions are in feet, you're going to be disappointed. Those lights are going to need to be MUCH closer and 4 40w lamps will cover a 2'x2' area adequately. That's the kind of intensity your plants NEED to grow well.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Antonio92
              Antonio92 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah it's in feet but it's because i need to buy More bulbs Haha. Damn will have to keep looking for bulbs. In terms of distance to plants What do you recommend 2 feet?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X