Harvest time contradicting with Burning Man - Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest time contradicting with Burning Man - Need advice

So I was hoping to harvest my plants after Burning Man but my trusted person to be their caretaker while I'm away for 9 days has fallen through and I have no one else I trust with this. Od rather not chop them before. So I need some help.

I live close enough to the event that the wives all come back to town to restock on fruit and shower yada yada, but that's after 4 days. My plants are needing water every day or two.

I was thinking of soaking them before we leave Saturday and leaving lights on 12/12 and then when the women come back to town have them turn the lights off and start a dark period. Would 5 dark days be to much? Water before dark period?

Any advice or ideas appreciated.

dont think they suck up water in the dark and would be left in wet 5 days. probaly better dying of thirst at chop

Comment

When wife comes back have her water. Idk about 5 days of darkness though. You could always do a dark period when you get back. Here's a little hack before she leaves again should get you through till you can get back to shut lights down since you were already planning on it. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-pl...ion-50270.html
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• BurningTeddy
        BurningTeddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Chefbjy I've saved that link. Will probably set one up before so they'll be ok until she gets back and then she can refill.

Thanks again.

Go to the dollar store and buy these knock offs.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure I like to recycle though 😉.

• Qwertywill
        Qwertywill commented
        Editing a comment
        Same idea, you can buy screw on soil sticking pegs that screw onto multiple sized bottles

I like the water bottle with wick system. You can also use a 5 gallon bucket set off to the side with a number of wicks coming from it, though you would have to do some plumbing to the bottom or near bottom sides of the bucket. That is - bore some holes and attach some connectors - hose fittings - to which you could attach some screw on plant watering spikes.

As for the darkness - why not set up another timer - get it already to go with shorter light hours all programmed and then just ask your wife to swap out with the 12/12 timer you have set up? She would only need to set the correct time. LOL - you could do that too but ask her to only plug in the timer at at a very specific time. I'd be concerned with 5 days of darkness.

This is why farmers don't have much of a life outside the farm Have fun at BM.

Crow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X