Automatic watering systems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic watering systems???

Hello I hope you all having a good day so far?

So i work odd hours and struggling to keep watering my plants at regular intervals so i came up with an idea why not use a fountain pump, a timer and some drip pipe to make a automatic watering system???? That way i can top up the bucket when its low but the plants will still get the same amount of water at the same time everyday...?

What do you guys think ? good idea or bad or just pointless?

If you think its a good idea or if anyone has tried something like this please let me know how it went if it works or problems you had and what you used in your set up.

Its just something i thought of and im sure someone must of thought of something like it to keep the plants happy when you on holiday or something...

Anyways let me know what you got to say im looking forward to some ideas thanks and enjoy!!

Depending on if they are the same strains and where in the lifecycle they are. Some plants drink more than others. It also depends on the grow medium you are using.

Your thinking of a drip system I assume. (The same that is used for DWC system when the plants are first deveoping their roots.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Check out blumats. They work really well and water based on individual plant needs. The only problem that I ran across was keeping the rez in the right PH range, since my tap water is really bad. Also I occasionally had my drippers clog because I was using pure blend pro. I would advise to use a straight synthetic nute if you were to go the blumat route. The blumats saved a ton of work and i was even able to go on vacations for about a week at a time with no issues.

Comment

Alright guys thanks For the help ill definitely go check out the link n get some ideas on what to do and will work best for me. PS: all 4 plants in coco and perlite and same age.

Comment

I use the AutoPots. Gravity fed system from res. Plants drink what they need. Love my results so far!

AutoPot supplies simple to use automatic watering systems that can be used either as a hydroponic system or as a traditional soil irrigation system. Indoor growing and greenhouse crops can be produced with ease.

Comment

I use Blumat bottle adapters (single Blumat 'carrot' that fits on a 1 or 2L bottle). Bit of fiddling to keep the bottle from tipping over (I had to rig up a 'harness' from the top of my tent), but it works well; a 1L bottle lasts about a week.
            ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X