What bugs do these look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bugs do these look like?

I have found some tiny white-brownish little bugs at the base of my plant, they are not springtails as they don't jump around but they do affect the plant a little bit as it has brown spots on the leaves, they are microscopic small as I tried to take these pics whith maximum zoom from an S9 on another phone's screen so it can be black sorrounding to maybe have a shot, the piece of compost in the picture I had to take it with the tweezers that's how small they are and one of them was on my finger it was almost transparent compared to the color of my skin, Could it be aphids or spider mites? I tried to spray them with neem oil but applied it every 2 days for one week even in larger ammounts than what the instructions said and tried some bugs repelent as well but the little fuckers are still there and still making my plant sick, do you have any ideas?

Can you post a pic on how they effect the leaves? Are there any webs on the plant, and do you see any small round white pearl looking eggs? (Really small, it may take some time to find then, but look under the leaves)

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

No eggs, I have checked everything with magnifier and phone zoom but there were a few tiny webs, I was thinking abou spider mites but aren't they supposed to die from neem oil? Or am I lucky enough to have some special spiders resistant to this oil...

Comment

If there are webs chances are they are spidermites.

From my understanding, neem is more of a deterent (feed throughout the grow so the plants soak it up and make it a very unpleasent food source for them) I would definitly deal with them asap.

I would try the alcohol and water mix. See if that will work for then, if it dosnt you will need to step up what you use.

If they are immune, you could have the borg spidermites... there is a link somwhere on gwe for someones experiance and cure for it... I dont have it offhand.

The eggs are really small, so it could be easy to miss. Yould are probably lucky and they are just starting. When they develop eggs they will be harder to kill. Most insecticides are mainly good for the adults....

After treating for them a few goes, remember when you think they are gone treat it again just to be on the safe side!

Other growers feel free to chime in if I am wrong!

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I will try to keep them under control until next week when my salary will be here and I will buy some beneficial nematodes for the spiders to have some fun with them maybe that will kill them. Thank you very much for the response, much appreciated I will make some research about these borg spiders as well. Cheers pal!

Comment

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem, at least your plants are small enough. It will be alot easier to feal with now vs later... less leaves for them to hide. Probably got tracked in from outdoors on your cloths!

Best of luck!

It can also help to take them outside if you can, and blast them off of your plant with a garden hose. While your out there, give them a good dusting of diatomacious earth once they are dry. Best way to do, is with a small fan on high, pointed at the undersides of the leaves, just sprinkle the stuff in front of the fan. Be sure to wear a DUST MASK!!
          Once they are back in the grow room, make sure you have a breeze on them, hitting every part of the plant, the breeze disrupts there reproduction.
          Also give them a good watering with Neem oil, about a teaspoon per gallon. It disrupts there reproduction as well, and will be out of there system after a month, so enough time to be gone before buds develop.
          Use the other remedies like alcohol and water, etc. The idea is to hit them with lot's of different stuff, so they don't become immune. Basically, Fire Everything!!

They are not actually spiders, but are arthropods, as they have 8 legs instead of 6, so same group as spiders and ticks.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

• Qwertywill
            Qwertywill commented
            Editing a comment
            GreenhouseEffect Thank you for elaberating further. While they are in their eggs they will build their tolerance. So ua hit them with a few methods.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X