Waterlogged seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterlogged seeds?

I decided to try using some Root Riot plugs to start some seeds and I got the plugs too wet. Ugh! The seeds had popped after 72hrs in distilled water and, then went into those RR cubes that soaked up water from the tray until they were soaked. When I realized it today, 48hrs after being in the cubes, I gently squeezed most of the water out of the cubes. I pulled one apart a little and could see the seed, which looked exactly like it did 2 days ago, when I put it in there - cracked with just a tiny root tip protruding slightly from the cracked husk.

ANY chance these seeds will still grow or do you think they’re ruined?

related question: I put some other seeds in distilled water and at 48hrs one of the husks fell completely off as I dumped the seed out onto some paper towel. I’ve never seen that before. I put it into a cube anyway. Any chance it’ll grow?

Pending you didnt drown them, they should be ok, just take some moisture out. Never used rapid rooters, but from what I read they should be shiny when they are damp.... if they look wet they are far too wet.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X