Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow 8: Afghan Kush (WoS), OGKush (RQS), NL (RQS), Tangerine Dream (BF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am just used to having space. My first grow I had a space that was 20 inches wide, 32 inches deep, and 48 inches tall. I grew 2 plants and had one hell of a time keeping them in that space. I ran out of places to train them and eventually had to leave the door open to keep them from growing Into the light. Luckily my basement has zero light so it wasnt an issue during 12/12. I'm sure I could do better now but still. I just think it's cool that you guys can do so well in small spaces.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	6 Size:	337.9 KB ID:	246751Redwasp

Here's the monster Sativa that was grow # 3: I had no idea what was going to happen, I started with four plants in the box, got to the point where I realized that I should let the strongest take over the entire box, and tearfully took the other 3 out. I didn't train her correctly: I definitely should have manifolded her. She was a BEAST!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Euroaznscotty
        Euroaznscotty commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp

What is your process for letting them reveg?

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        I cut them down but try to leave a few tiny leaves on the bottom stalks. I then just put them back under a 18/6 light schedule. I have even done it with a few that had no leaves left and it works. In most revegs the plants grow back far bushier than before. They dont need much training at all when raveged. It's called monster cropping. If you look up monster cropping on the gwe site you can get alot of information on it. If you have a photo plant that did well it is worth the time. They grow faster because the root system is already in place. I have had great success with it.

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going through this exact same problem, to many females, not enough space. Seems like there should be a punch line to that sentence, but in context it works.

alltatup ma'am you have intrigued me in so many ways 😉. I love how you were filling up that box. I bet if you didn't have to decide and just grew that beast things would have gotten a little crowded lol. I have seen some crazy boxes just packed full of bud like a bail of hay. Microgrow in a computer tower or an empty tv set lmao. I have always wondered if I could do something like that. I think that grow would have surprised you if you didn't have to choose 😉.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Chefbjy Thank you for your kind words!!! I didn't fill that box: she did!!! That was grow # 3: I was still a total newbie. I should have researched more thoroughly how this strain--Purple Haze x Malawi--was gonna grow. But I didn't know to do that yet. AND I should have manifolded one plant to form a spoke of colas radiating out from one of my large box corners. But I didn't understand manifolding. I learned a lot, and I'd like to grow a Sativa again.

I've got some Dr. Grinspoon seeds that I'd like to grow: she went out of stock coupla years ago, and I'm lucky to have the seeds. Here's what she looks like: she has a 14-week flower period. The PH x M was 16 weeks in flower!!!!! But it was ok back then cuz I had a good supply of buds. Now I'm out of home grown, just waiting patiently for harvest in 8-9 weeks and a two month cure. So in only four months, I'll be vaping home grown again...

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	247027
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a crazy looking pic.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup Very pretty lass that.

Name:	
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	247687

Pre-hurricane update:

The girls are growing like crazy !! This is week 1 of flower and the stretch is on. I believe they really love the 24 hours' darkness before the switch to 12/12.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          well ive done it several times with mixed results, a few plants did very well and showed pistils in the first 7-10 days. but most of the plants actually had adverse issues related to the dark period; during this 24 hours some plants grew desperately and in the absence of light there was no pigmentation on new growth, so when this new yellow growth is exposed to light at full blast it not "ready" to keep growing right away so it kinda takes a few days until nutrients go up into that new growth, this is a stress or stunning that delays growth a few days which actually beats the purpose of a faster flowering.

this may only be the case in MY personal set up, growing on soil with CFL and hydro nutes, 24/0 veg cycle etc...
          i didnt do it this last round, i reduced 2 hours a day for 6 days and started counting flowering days the first day of 12/12. and i still harvested at day 60. thats way faster than my previous up to 11 week grows. i guess it depends mostly on the strain and secondly on your environment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That's really interesting, 9fingerleafs I've never heard of such a thing happening in 24 hours: I'm surprised.

You had them growing under light 24hrs, right? Maybe that had something to do with it.

I veg 18/6 and I've always had great results since I started the 24 hours darkness. They seem to produce bud sites faster than before I started doing it, but I'll have to go back and check that in my grow journal. Could be me just wanting that to be the case...

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes i think that must be the issue too, having darkness for the first time ever they just freak out haha, and yeah i believe in some cases that is completely true, some strains/phenos do seem to flower faster. the only way to know is trying right? (:

alltatup, Just checking on you, that was a big ass, hurricane, size wise, we go thru a few of them things, every couple of years, down here on the Gulf Coast,and they can get very damn scary, if you ask me,
        Lots of power in them hurricanes, ain't it ?
        We hope you and your plants and cat are ok.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 Thanks for thinking of me n the critters. She is one big-ass hurricane: her cloud cover span is the size of NC and SC.

Friday morning is sunny and breezy: the wind is definitely beginning to pick up. Our worst days will be tomorrow and Sunday. I hope it's not as bad as Matthew, but I do expect to lose power. I'd be mighty surprised if I didn't.

alltatup Stay safe! Will be thinking of you. Hoping for no loss of power.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Pmoe90 Thanks for the positive vibrations!!!

alltatup, I haven't been on yor wall a lot, but I have been checking up on your progress with your growth and your heart from the backseat and they are looking mighty good.
        please stay safe during this storm.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.furley Thanks for those kind words!

I've been thinking the past few days about the storm causing the power to go out, and I believe that the beautiful green goddesses will make it through. I accept whatever happens, tho: what's going on in NC right now is much more important, and remembering that keeps everything in perspective for me.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to hear you are weathering the storms of life with a positive attitude.
          Keep up the good work.

Tropical Storm Florence has been kind to us; we didn't get much wind or rain at all. No flooding. I feel blessed and I'm holding a prayer for the folks who got hit so hard.

Here are the girls on Sept 8:

Name:	
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	249169

And here they are today, Sept 16, in the middle of a flush:

Name:	
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	249170

They are BEASTS!!!

What I've done differently on this grow:
        1. Let em veg a bit longer and really pick up steam;
        2. I've been more assertive with nutrients, and not a bit of nute burn or lockout so far;
        3. I've used Voodoo Juice just about every week;
        4. I re-re-read the defoliation tutorial and kept referring back to my notes to make sure I was doing it correctly (we old stoners need to refer back to our notes...)
        5. I've kept the grow box doors open and the ceiling fan on in the grow room; I can feel how much cooler it is in there with the circulation. So I tweaked the grow environment a bit.
        6. I trained the main colas by bending them gently on a daily basis, and they really liked that.
        Last edited by alltatup; 09-16-2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          ATU good morning so happy your safe ,Ive been out in woods fighting bud rot so far only lost a few buds we had to take 5 plants early but hey better that than nothing lol I use voodoo juice as well stuff is amazing

So pretty.

how high/tall is your canopy?

LOL: #2 (more assertive with nutrients)

how do post, so your pictures are inline? Mine always seem to end up at the bottom of my posts.

Comment

LurkingInTheGrass Canopy is 12-13" at the start of week 2 flower; I've got around 30-32" total before they get too close to the light.

In order to post the pic inline, post your post and then go back to edit. When you're in edit, you'll see that you can choose sm, med or lrg; just put the cursor when you want to put the pic.

Comment

I love following your grows alltatup you remind me of my aunt who toured the country, and some of the world. Shes a very large spiritual energy in my life and you just have that spark like she does! If im having trouble deciphering something on GWE, i can always come to your page where youve tackled the problem head on in most situations, so thank you for helping me by sharing your experience, truly a delight! Happy growing!!
            Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              You are too kind, SinsemillaScientist !!! I figure if I've learned something that works well, it's time to share it.
              Growing bud is for me this process of juggling factors, and with each grow, I'm able to add another ball or two to what I'm already juggling. I'm really pleased with what I've learned in the past two years, and I can't wait to see where I'm at in another two years!!!

• SinsemillaScientist
              SinsemillaScientist commented
              Editing a comment
              Your experience has not gone unrecognized I promise you that! I will say my favorite grow of yours was that beast of a sativa you legged out! What a feat!! I need to get internet access to upload some of my photos for you to take a look at!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              SinsemillaScientist I'd love to see your pics!! Next time I'll do better with a Sativa. She was totally out of control, and I had to handle her a lot to tie her down and expose bud sites--which isn't good for the trichomes.

Glad to hear from u 😁 alltatup, hopeing u weather the storm without incident.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Potted We were just plain lucky this time around; we barely got any wind/rain yesterday, and just a little drizzle today. I'm celebrating today by getting high. ;-}

Looking really good. Glad you made it through safe.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Red. Holding a prayer for all the folks who took it the hardest.

Glad to here you made it though ok ATU
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X